Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fil5000 posted:

I've rationalised it in my head that it was the use of The Moment that was the only time he really crossed that line, but then yeah, all the rest of his stories are going to be ones that any incarnation could slot into.

I don't think that's entirely unreasonable, and in fact is kind of supported by the text. The whole point of Day of the Doctor is that he's built up to be more than he really was by the incarnations that followed him and at the end of the day he was actually just like the rest of them but got dealt kind of a bum hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Listening to the second series of Fourth Doctor Adventures over the last couple of weeks and hearing David Warner pop up in them has reminded me that we must surely be getting close to an announcement of the next New Adventures of Benny set which, if it follows on directly from the previous one, should include more of his Doctor.

Though just skipping her getting back to the proper universe and doing a set with McGann would also be acceptable.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The Big Finish Humble Bundle just added all four parts of "I, Davros."

Ooh, didn't have those and don't remember seeing the "more to come" thing on the bundle last week so that's a nice surprise bonus.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

jivjov posted:

I highly and unreservedly recommend the Jago & Litefoot meet the 10th Doctor short trip. It has a very pleasing twist to it.

I enjoyed it once it got going, but it really did feel pretty slight with two thirds of the runtime being setup. Definitely a "part one."

• Locked thread