Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Class is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Class is fine.

Though I met a girl at NYCC and we're going to a screening of Power together and my life is just pretty goddamn great right now so maybe I'm just feeling generous.

Euphoria does weird stuff to us. Class is still bad!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beam is posting from the universe where Rose was dog. Somehow, Class ended up being g not poo poo in that universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's not wrong. The Doctor does good things on an often epic scale but at what cost?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Martytoof posted:

Well I mean the one in the OP in this thread. The stills look great but as soon as they added any kind of animation it just made me :stare:

Their budget was probably all the change they could find in Frazier Hines' couch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CaptainYesterday posted:

They'd run out of yellow before episode 3.

Burkion posted:

This made me laugh out loud much more than I wish it had

Holy poo poo, same.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
State of Decay is awesome.

Except for Adric.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Power of the Daleks is playing at 7:30 tonight but I don't know if I can get motivated enough to go see it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

Why's that

Not looking forward to the animation?

I wasn't super impressed by any of the teasers they've dropped. I also have a ton of poo poo I could be doing tonight to prep for our new carpet install.

Decisions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Three years ago today...

"I'm a doctor, but probably not the one you were expecting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

Remember how badly we all freaked the gently caress out over that?

That was a good night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I ended up buying a ticket, the girlfriend encouraged me to go and she has dinner plans with her friends so I wouldn't be abandoning her for the night.

Will report back in a few hours!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I'm slightly envious that the US is getting this big cinema release, and the UK isn't.

Yeah well, we elected Trump. We deserve this one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CaptainYesterday posted:

The U.K. voted to leave the EU, don't they deserve a reprieve as well?

Are we really going to have a dick-waiving contest over who made the worse move?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I mean unless something really out of left field comes up, one of those moves is temporary, like a really lovely 4 to 8 year rash that could have some unpleasant after effects for a few years after.

The other one is a wee bit more long term

Our dick move has access to nukes and hated brown people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

After The War posted:

The folks who came up with the archiving policy at the BBC. :smith:

WINNER.

Anyways I am really glad I went. PotD Daleks are the best, just a bunch of seething assholes. The animation could of course been better but not on a BBC budget. The only thing they really could have done better would be to have remastered the audio as it sounded kind of lovely in places.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also just put Victory of the Daleks on for more snarky Dalek goodness.

I am your SOL-DIER

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh yeah, I hope everybody stuck around after the credits for the extra feature, it was quite fun.

Even if when,"Nick Briggs, Modern Series Dalek Operator" came up I harumphed because that's,"Nick Briggs, Big Finish Executive Producer and Redeemer of Colin Baker" to you :colbert:

COLIN BAKER NEEDED NO REDEMPTION AND TIMELASH IS A FLAWLESS CLASSIC

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Class is loving terrible. Like, holy poo poo terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The person who put that cover together should have their copy of photoshop taken away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The next few months will probably feature a series of interviews where Moff makes himself look worse and worse and end with the show getting canceled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

If he's not careful he might not be the showrunner after season 10!

His plan is to drag the show down to the dirt before he leaves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

You're delusional if you think Moffat is some kind of goddamn supervillain, like for real.

MOFFAT KILLED MY FATHER.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

why would moffat want doctor who to die without him. he's a big loving nerd who wants more doctor who to watch.

it's 2016, why do these bizarre perceptions still exist

Clearly we are being 100% serious about this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

In the ultimate culmination of his story arcs, Moffat appears as himself in the S10 finale, looks into a mirror and bellows "YOU ARE ERASED FROM DOCTOR WHO!". The episode ends. Fans worldwide can't seem to recall anything from the previous six years, but are left with a nagging feeling of loss.

He then uses his immense power to teleport from home to home where he snaps every single DVD and BR disc of Doctor Who in half.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I noticed some bits of that movie reminded me of Doctor Who.

You mean the english guy with a sort of odd face and hair, peculiar dress and he had a box that was bigger on the inside than the outside?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The stupid release schedule makes me really glad I went to see it last week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BTTF2 hasn't aged well because our actual future ended up sucking pretty hard.

At least the Cubs pulled it off, if only a year late.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now feel depressed that Hartnell died at 67 due to complications from a disease that is easily treatable today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Paul McGann is only one year younger than Peter Capaldi despite looking about 10 years younger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

Probably as often as he gets gets captured and tied up/chained up.

Not that I'm complaining, of course...

I mean, how else are you going to kiss him?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

"Timelash starts in 5 minutes, if you like."

Upon gaining my inevitable cosmic might I will be locking the lot of you in a theater where you will be forced to watch Timelash until you agree with me that it is indeed a brilliant classic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bra-loving-VO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He said "properly." The Doctor never finds out what Clara even looks like in Asylum.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Timelash is better than the tv movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I genuinely wouldn't mind an Eighth Doctor Unbound series. The Doctor and Penny looking for Ulysses, fighting Cybs and talking to the Doctor's grandfather, Borusa.

This would be BBC mini series that airs while the main series is off the air right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

On that note, I had an idea for a ratings-grabber once: the Doctor and the Master both regenerate at the same time, and only they know which is which. We spend a whole series with both traveling in the TARDIS, and in the finale they reveal which one is the Doctor. Does it make sense? Not really, but I have to get this idea out there when/if Chibnall steals my idea.

One of the rumors of the relaunch was that Nine was going to be revealed to actually be the Master by the end of the second season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a lovely part of Power of the Daleks very early in the first episode. Ben yells "RIght who are we?" and The Doctor says "Don't you know?"

It's just such a perfect Troughton moment and it's in his first five minutes in the role.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Upon rewatching I found I really dug the simple animation they used for Power.

So can we get some BF audios animated now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

TIL Santa lives in Maryland!

It doesn't say who my Santa was, but thanks for the books and the Old Bay! The cookies were delicious and didn't survive long enough to be pictured. I gotta find a place online that ships them to Texas, because :drat: they were delicious.

I like how creepily positioned Tom there.

• Locked thread