Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
(no DW in couch chat so hi)

quote:

Why does Doctor Who almost always feature a female companion? Series boss Steven Moffat has spoken out on the issue...
The showrunner insisted that the show itself is "rather female" - and that it would be "damaging" not to have a woman at the Doctor's side.
"Science-fiction is notoriously male," he told Doctor Who Magazine. "You can tell that because everyone wears uniforms and marches around talking about rules.
"But Doctor Who has always felt to me, rather female. It's full of kindness and compassion and eccentricity and wisdom instead of violence. And from that point of view it is important that the main character, the Doctor's best friend, should be female."
He added: "I think it would be damaging to Doctor Who if that voice and viewpoint were not represented."

good job with the gender stereotyping moffat you bumblefuck moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, he couldn't be described as 'super' in any way. He's more of a regular villain.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MrL_JaKiri posted:

In a strange intersection of the personal and Doctor Who, an ex is now dating the director of Let's Kill Hitler

I only came to this thread to see wtf happened in the special but this post has made my goddamn year

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

Kind of hoping that having Matt Lucus around for 2017 will lead to some great moments ala Catherine Tate.

Wait is he actually gonna be a companion?? Someone elaborate on this please

• Locked thread