Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I finally finished up my Inktober witches (3 days into November).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Almost the end of December, so that means it's time to officially give up on reaching my goal for NaNoManGo and work on my Christmas card instead.

I am open to suggestions for what text to include on the inside of the card.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving! Santa would mark you naughty or nice if he hadn't moved beyond the simplistic concept of a good/evil binary.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Still trying to come up with some text for the inside of my Christmas card.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

That is a fantastic three-panel bear. I love the shapes you used for his limbs in the second panel.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Maybe one of you would be willing to help me with a problem I'm having.

So I wanted to do a drawing for fun and part of it involved a hand holding a mirror up to the subject's face. Nothing to complex right? Here's a sloppy rough visual of what I had in mind;

So like, two hours later I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to draw this properly. I've tried finding reference pics and even took a photo of myself mimicking the pose but every time I tried to translate it into a drawing it came out awful. This is around the time I'd normally give up but I really want to finish more pictures so maybe one of you could show me how to do this properly?

If you're trying to jump directly from that sketch to a finished drawing you're going to have a difficult time. Now that you have the rough idea of what you want, make the next step to do a more refined but still not finished version of it - leave things rough and unfinished, but add in some more detail - like, draw the mirror actually to scale with the face, rought out the expression on the face, and figure out how the hand holding the mirror connects to the body. Make each drawing an iteration with gradual increases in detail rather than just sketch --> finished drawing.

Also useful in terms of critique would be seeing the drawings you aren't happy with, why you aren't happy with them, what sort of style you're aiming for in the end, and a general idea of where you're at in terms of drawing skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

sigma 6 posted:

Photoshoped two of my drawings together.

Kinda want to develop this more.

C and C welcome.

I am not entirely sure how ears with fabric patches on them and hair can grow directly out of what appears to be a bare skull.

I am making graphics for an iPhone game. The client's budget wasn't large enough for color, so I'm giving him linework he can color on his own.

Also, is there ever going to be a new thread or should we peition the mods to rename this one Daily Drawings and Doodles 2017 + a tiny bit of 2016?

• Locked thread