Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

what happens when you're bored of your models and in a bad mood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Reene posted:

I made this

(critique is welcome because my acrylic game is most certainly not on point)

I don't paint but since you asked for critique, my issues with this have nothing to do with acrylic paint as the medium but more with the drawing itself, everything seems flat and non-physical. The jewelry doesn't seem totally separate from the body, like you didn't quite catch the sense of separate objects resting on top of one another. And the shading in the hair and body follows a certain logic but doesn't add up to create a sense of volume (maybe that is due to inexperience with acrylics as you say, I don't know). The body construction is also a bit off, the angle of the breasts, the relative size of the arm to the rest of the body.

Vague washy backgrounds are a pet peeve of mine, i dunno what to do instead but it just bugs me. Not sure if that helps. Merry christmas to everyone!

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I guess this belongs here, acrylic and markers on a magazine ad

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

I turned some previous daily drawings into daily block prints

This is awesome, what is that? Like you cut them into a piece of wood and stamp it? Curious how that is done, if you have a link or something.

Some life drawing stuff:

And some other little fun doodles I was happy with:

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

Linoleum blocks in this case, but yeah general idea. I'm mostly winging it but google relief printing
Cool I will look into it.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Ahahaha I love this little happy samurai! You go little blade man.

Yeah man thanks! Haha

More life drawing. Nice change of pace from lumpy old men

This is after decapitation. Not happy with the upper body in this one but I like how the legs turned out, very weird angle.

This one didn't really turn out but i liked the hand

• Locked thread