Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Design for a contest themed "medieval hero/pet duo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Neon Noodle posted:

:swoon: Gosh how lovely. I particularly like the way the lines are gray and not black. It helps so much.

Awww shucks, thanks so much dude! Your paintings are freakin' awesome too. Do you happen to have any tips on digitally coloring a greyscale image? I tried an overlay layer buuuut I'm not so sure that's the best way to do it, any tips would be super appreciated. :)

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Neon Noodle posted:

I have process videos for a bunch of my Procreate paintings if you want to see the rough process I use:

That's an interesting technique, it definitely has a very authentic traditional feel to it. I know exactly what you mean by it looking flat and "hand tinted" to use a color layer, I'll keep your method in mind when I try to color it again. Thanks for the help!

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Some figure drawing practice from memory.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Sharpest Crayon posted:

That's NOT what I remember Tarzan looking like.

His loincloth was way smaller. In my memories.

I was thinking of ditching his loin cloth and letting it all hang free. Wild bushy pubes and all.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Doing some character sketches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Feast your eyes on this hunk of scales

• Locked thread