Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Inktober and lumberjacks burned me out, but I'm back to getting on that doodle train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I say coloured because you can still usually get an ok scan out of lineart or something that's pleasantly one-toned or grey. I guess pros have like super scanning machines, but no matter what I've ever tried, the scanner seems to very harshly "spike" any light/dark variation in colour, making it stand out, or wash out colour completely while still happily reproducing any bends in the paper.

If you need a pro-quality digital version of a real piece, you're probably taking a picture of it with a pro setup.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

heavy liquid posted:

This is what I was going to suggest. Try taking a photo, preferably with a DSLR in different light settings. Probably avoid using the flash if possible which may flatten your image.

But if you're not reproducing the image, a modern cell phone camera on a bright cloudy day is likely more than enough

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I turned some previous daily drawings into daily block prints

dupersaurus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Radio du Cambodge posted:

This is awesome, what is that? Like you cut them into a piece of wood and stamp it? Curious how that is done, if you have a link or something.

Linoleum blocks in this case, but yeah general idea. I'm mostly winging it but google relief printing

• Locked thread