Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

you were a good mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I won

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

careful, friend. Vegeta has a nasty habit of jobbing out to the bad guys. Sometimes I think it's why this subforum never kept the VEGETA name.:shrug:

Sorry to see you dragged back down to the world of mortals, seafood. Got some good probations out of your reign, it was fun.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bye fella

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Admoon posted:

you were a good mod

Agreed, Seafood was a good mod and will be missed!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
some say...the brightest stars...burn out the fastest...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dammit, why do all of our good mods keep leaving :argh:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anime forum kills again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for modding, Bad Seafood. I must hope Matoi Ryuko has outgrown whatever he did to land on my ignore list.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
seafood was like my first adtrw mod and im very glad cause it sounds like things were.....very not good here before like last year or so. so thanks my man

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Glad to know Seafood will return to being the #1 chat thread poster

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bye Seafood

hopefully work lets up on you eventually. whether you're mod or not it's a bummer that you haven't been around

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Midjack posted:

I must hope Matoi Ryuko has outgrown whatever he did to land on my ignore list.
let's see you grit those teeth

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also matoi, you need to work on getting an actual mod icon asap

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
*plays CK2 death sound effect*
->One less threat to the establishment

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Having been an on-and-off lurker of ADTRW for over half a decade, it has been an interesting journey, watching the leadership and tone of the forum change over time. I never felt comfortable talking in old ADTRW, because I was mostly a whitenoise poster who had nothing too terribly interesting to say, and the atmosphere just placed red tape around all sorts of shows and ideas, making conversation and other discourse unfun. I feel that as things have relaxed, most people's opinions have become more open and honest, and there is now more variety and a more closely knit community within ADTRW, even going outside of the chat and season threads.

I've began posting regularly here about 10 months ago, and have come to appreciate the medium more than ever, especially regarding genres and shows that I never really thought could have appealed to me. I have even made a few buddies who share a similar passion for Anime and Manga. It has been full of ups and downs for me, but I feel like I've actually grown a little, not just as a nerd who posts on an online Internet forum, but as a person looking for a place to fit in.

And a big part of this was because of your guidance Seafood, especially when you were willing to talk with other posters one on one, not as a mod to a forums poster, but as one person to another person.

I realize this is super sappy, but my point is, we are going to miss you, buddy. Don't be a stranger, you hear? :unsmith:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah the era of zorak was a dark time for anime. its safe now friend

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm too prudish most of the time and yet i still wasn't prudish enough for zorak's adtrw

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really never found Zorak's ADTRW that bad, but I've never been much more than a whitenoise poster. I can certainly dig the more laid back atmosphere the past two mods have pushed for though; it's nice.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
The question remains, will we ever have a mod around longer than a year? Jokes aside, you were a good mod and did some fun things.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

dogsicle posted:

also matoi, you need to work on getting an actual mod icon asap

I'm on it.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Oh no not again!

You were a good/bad mod/seafood.

Now we can see if Trigger saves modding too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least you lasted longer than Baal

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Saddest death in anime forum Baal death is m'y little pony compare to Bad death sarrabada Bad Seafood best mod in anime and a thrue man not like this anime mod these day,the man who died for what he loved.... anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Miss u Seafood

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I liked your modding and I think Matoi will be a good mod too. :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

geee thanks for killing Seafood BAAL!!!!

I have come to reclaim my throne

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It's been good chum. Glad to know things have gotten positive busy. Take care.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait no

Why would I want that?

RIP Seafood, I'm actually pretty happy I recommended you back when I stopped because you turned out to be a better mod than I ever was and it vindicated my existence even just to give the job to someone who knew how to handle it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
You were good, stop in any time for tasty videogame recommendations

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Goodbye failmod I always thought you were cool.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I-it's not like I'll miss you, or anything... Stupid!! :blush:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Anime is boring and being comptroller of the anime people is twice as boring.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Saddest death in anime forum Baal death is m'y little pony compare to Bad death sarrabada Bad Seafood best mod in anime and a thrue man not like this anime mod these day,the man who died for what he loved.... anime

:same:

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I hope your last act here is revealing yourself as the Lum bandit.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Moltrey posted:

seafood was like my first adtrw mod and im very glad cause it sounds like things were.....very not good here before like last year or so. so thanks my man

nah zorak was cool and good, he just came down hard on anything that had the slightest hint of pedobait because adtrw needed that after it's first few years.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:rip: another mod, hope your new job treats you well seafood and hope you'll still be posting sometimes

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Condiv posted:

nah zorak was cool and good, he just came down hard on anything that had the slightest hint of pedobait because adtrw needed that after it's first few years.

I agree, this is my opinion as well. Also, it wasn't just Zorak's way of modding, it was something that was generally shared among the entire mod crew and the general sentiment among the forums as well. You can't just blame Zorak for that, because his actions reflected what was taken to be good modding by the community at the time. Things got a lot stricter for a good long while, due to various scandals and events involving things goons did and became notorious for, and it was in that time that I registered. I look back fondly on Zorak's long reign, to be quite honest, although I'm fine with things now as well. I liked how involved and enthusiastic Zorak was, even if he could come on a little strong at times. People often criticize him for being harsh, but the flip side is that he was a really good and active cheerleader for this little community. That's not something I've really seen much from any of his successors -- the positive, cheerleading sentiment.

On the whole though, I don't feel like all that much is changed besides people being a bit more open with posting short quips or emoticon replies. We still have the same abundance of megathreads. If anything, we have fewer non-megathread threads than we did before. Has ADTRW changed all that much? I don't know. What I do know is that ADTRW isn't as "fun" to me as it was, though perhaps that's a sign that reflects more on me than anything else. I feel somehow that the comedy aspect that I originally joined for has diminished, and because people feel less encouraged to effort post, the interesting megaposts analyzing anime or revealing some specialty knowledge of the poster in the context, have become a bit more of a rarity. That's something that's a much more broad trend in the forums as well.

At any rate, I wish our new moderator well, and so on. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

otoh the atmosphere zorak created made plenty of people feel like they couldn't post due to not meeting whatever arbitrary effortpost criteria there were. also there were plenty of effortposts that seemed like poo poo just trying to elevate itself to that level of forum discourse. he also made terrible season threads, where he let his own bias and snark run into what should've been informative blurbs. this implicitly colored discussion of the stuff he was dismissive or hostile towards, so you had people couching their comments about a show in needless self-deprecation (and this expanded to the forum as a whole) or just straight up not talking about them. the informal rule against discussing airing shows past episode three was also bad, and definitely cut down on discussion for things that might not warrant a thread but were still worth watching.

that's just from what little of the forum i lurked, i know other posters have actually had interactions/more negative experiences with his modship. so it's fine if you liked him, but there definitely were issues that i'd argue are worse than we have now.

• Locked thread