Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
doesn't it let you change inputs and turn TV power on and off? i used it a lot it was nice not needing the TV remote to switch from PS4->Wii U. wasn't there originally a TV guide function they dropped support for though?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I really appreciated that button for the two months I couldn't find my TV remote. But I never understood what TVii was

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you push it it turns into a TV remote.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's for when someone else wants to watch TV and you want to continue gaming on your gamepad.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i use it all the time to change the volume and turn the tv on an off while i game if someone has moved the remote op

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah i think its good, even though i just found out about a lifehack that your cellphone can be a universal remote

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I actually lost my tv controller so its a really convenient button.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

It's for when someone else wants to watch TV and you want to continue gaming on your gamepad.

??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The reason I posted this is I just noticed it on the pad after using the controller for years.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

It isn't.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

you can make the gamepad your TV remote, OP.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I lost the remote for my TV 8 years ago, and still can't beat the MGS 3 cave segment because the screen is too dark to see anything. Does the Wii U TV Button allow me to change my TVs brightness, so I can stop playing the Vita version instead?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You've gone 8 years without finding a replacement? Are you just lazy or are you insane.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

klapman posted:

I lost the remote for my TV 8 years ago, and still can't beat the MGS 3 cave segment because the screen is too dark to see anything. Does the Wii U TV Button allow me to change my TVs brightness, so I can stop playing the Vita version instead?

universal remotes are extremely cheap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

klapman posted:

Lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

You've gone 8 years without finding a replacement? Are you just lazy or are you insane.

I could definitely see myself being lazy about it for 5 years and then thinking "ah hell I'll probably get another tv next decade so what's another 5 years".

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

klapman posted:

snake's eyes adjust if you just wait another 2 years

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

snake's eyes adjust if you just wait another 2 years

lol , honestly, i believe this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Eat some mush rooms to recharge your battery dummy. It's science

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

lol , honestly, i believe this

It doesn't take 2 years but it's true. Snakes eyes will adjust to the darkness naturally and the brightness increases the longer you spend in the tunnels.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It doesn't take 2 years but it's true. Snakes eyes will adjust to the darkness naturally and the brightness increases the longer you spend in the tunnels.

Kojima....

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

In Training posted:

[i]poo poo, seriously?![/i

Larry Parrish posted:

one time during drunk movie night I got up to switch the TV to the Wii U input but tripped and broke my wall with my head

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use it when I lose my remote behind my bed or something.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

klapman posted:

one time during drunk movie night I got up to switch the TV to the Wii U input but tripped and broke my wall with my head

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The X button on the DS4, what does it do?? I just noticed it

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Soral? Is that you?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

klapman posted:

. . .

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the TV button is so win my parents use it to change the volume and turn the TV off etc.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Soral? Is that you?

its a fact

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Well, in many games it the action button, like you would press it on New Game if you wanted to start a new game, etc. Sometimes it's the jump button as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah and where's the any button lol.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
its a universal remote. you can set it up in the wii u settings menu, and it works even when the wii u is switched off.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
But, to flip it around, how did you not notice that until now, you jackass.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no they will not posted:

its a universal remote. you can set it up in the wii u settings menu, and it works even when the wii u is switched off.

nicest guy youve ever met

no they will not posted:

twisted loving psychopath

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
nintendo DS startup chime Oh holy poo poo there's a second screen on this bad boy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

A) Flip around the controller? Then I definitely wouldn't notice it. Asshat.
B) Nice first post in this forum. Rude and dismissive, real great impression.
C) It's raining right now so that's just rain. Not tears.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Had my PlayStation [original psx model, none of this psone stuff for me] for nearly 20 years now, and I can honestly say it's the best system that I've ever owned. Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill 2, these have been some of the best moments I've ever had in gaming. However, even today I'm still learning new things about my favorite console - I found a cable in the box the playstation came in that would have allowed me to plug it into a tv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

Had my PlayStation [original psx model, none of this psone stuff for me] for nearly 20 years now, and I can honestly say it's the best system that I've ever owned. Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill 2, these have been some of the best moments I've ever had in gaming. However, even today I'm still learning new things about my favorite console - I found a cable in the box the playstation came in that would have allowed me to plug it into a tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

nintendo DS startup chime Oh holy poo poo there's a second screen on this bad boy

no they will not posted:

• Locked thread