Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Why don't you retards at least protest vote for an actual candidate on the ballot oh yeah it's because you don't understand how elections work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Way easier to commit voter suppression if you require ID.

hows that? suppressing non-US citizens and multiple votes?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

zizek rolled out of a dumpster and told me to jump off a bridge so i did it and now i'm a ghost

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
https://twitter.com/danrolle/status/776555639929708544

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

You're telling me that I should trust somebody I've never met to have the final say on whether or not I get to vote.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Johnny Joestar posted:

zizek rolled out of a dumpster and told me to jump off a bridge so i did it and now i'm a ghost

Stay safe!

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

dookifex_maximus posted:

in political science they say liberals and neoliberals, the term leftists encompasses liberals and the hardline tankies who are very not liberal

Yeah I was broadly generalizing there between "want Democrats to move in a more social-democratic direction" and "okay with general path we're on". You can play semantics on that all day.

It's still kind of funny to me that the online content mills most connected to the Democratic Party thought "first woman president" would be enough to get the millennial vote to get completely in lockstep, and were basically amazed and kind of mad when that didn't happen. Someone said Bernie might've had a harder time in a bigger field - maybe, but I honestly think it was the fact the (broadly left leaning) millennials wanted the more sincerely left-leaning guy who's public persona also wasn't a clear creation of focus groups, and who didn't have tons of connections to moneyed interests and policies that they specifically hated. Shocker.

I'd like to take hope in this but who the gently caress knows where we'll be politically in a year, much less four.

edit: also I like Zizek but you have to just accept he says retarded thing sometimes

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Gamer With Dignity posted:

You're telling me that I should trust somebody I've never met to have the final say on whether or not I get to vote.

i dont know what your talking about but pretty much every country but yours shows id when they vote and they think its a big laff that you dont

seems pretty basic for fair elections

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

reallivedinosaur posted:

i dont know what your talking about but pretty much every country but yours shows id when they vote and they think its a big laff that you dont

Most of those countries don't charge for voter ID.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i dont know who bernie sanders is

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

:bernout:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

scuba school sucks posted:

Dude can't even make his eyes point in the right direction and his movie reviews are pretentious horseshit. I wouldn't ask that guy where's the men's room at.

I figure with as much coke as he sniffs, he'd know the way to the mens pretty well. Or do you suppose his coke's pure enough that he doesn't get the baby lax boombooms?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

passionate dongs posted:

i dont know who bernie sanders is

He started KFC

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Oh! I LOVE kfc

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

reallivedinosaur posted:

"most countries" also don't have issues systematically discriminating the vote against minority groups fwiw

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Man Musk posted:

"most countries" also don't have issues systematically discriminating the vote against minority groups fwiw

[citation needed]

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

reallivedinosaur posted:

the left is fine with redistricting when it comes to "muh integrated schools" or whatever

dumb leftist, drooling: duhhhh segregation bad, want muh integrated schools
you, sagely: Actually, racism is good.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

Just do it. If enough of us do it, it won't be giving a vote away to A or B party. If enough of us do it we will be standing up to this broken system! And as a Bonus, if anyone asks you, you can proudly announce you helped bring it all down!

Think about it, you could change the world.

:smithicide:

Edit: is he a valid write in anywhere?

Eat poo poo.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Accelerationists ITT

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

interwhat posted:

We literally have no options here. The terrifying part is, it really isn't clear that Hillary will make a better president

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
i did not write in bernie sanders and voted for hillary clinton instead, op

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wish accelerationists would actually just come out and directly say why they support such an idea instead of trying to present it like it's some nebulous good thing for everyone

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Basic Hitler posts a lot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
fartlord dumders

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:getin:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hahahahahaha are you serious

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

reallivedinosaur posted:

I got a november surprise for ya right here. WELCOME TO C-SPAM

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*slowly shoves paint chips into mouth between words* i think it would be best to destroy it all and start over because i feel i won't have any issue dealing with what happens given my position in society. maybe i can just move to canada lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

dumb leftist, drooling: duhhhh segregation bad, want muh integrated schools
you, sagely: Actually, racism is good.

calmhitler.jpg

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

*slowly shoves paint chips into mouth between words* i think it would be best to destroy it all and start over because i feel i won't have any issue dealing with what happens given my position in society. maybe i can just move to canada lmao

cruel twist: canada doesn't want them either

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yinlock posted:

cruel twist: canada doesn't want them either

but!!!! canada is a safe haven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ahhh, that's my friend ol soupy!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Harsh, but fair

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmbo

loving delusional huffy idiot

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder why Bernie Sanders would endorse Hillary Clinton. Huh... Or Elizabeth Warren. Or Noam loving Chomsky.

It couldn't be that she's vastly better for the preservation of democracy than the fascist dude... no clearly every sane rational intelligent left wing person is just bought out. Yeah let's go with that one.

*digs head further and further up own rear end in a top hat*

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

do they just automatically say 'they're a bunch of hillbots' in response to c-spam no matter what like everyone in the Official 2016 Trump Thread likes her or something, like i get that they're trying to be reductive but the idea of someone thinking they're trying to have a Real, Informative Discussion of these events on this dead, heterosexual forum amidst the sea of those unwashed, pro-hillary shitposters is wild to me. just don't vote if you don't want to you weird assholes

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Johnny Joestar posted:

i wish accelerationists would actually just come out and directly say why they support such an idea instead of trying to present it like it's some nebulous good thing for everyone

have you considered reading one of viadus latinteacher's 10,000 word accelerationist extravaganzas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

huh. that's a strange misspelling of Ed Balls in the title, op

• Locked thread