Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I still rely on scrolls of immolation, potions of lignification, and pure dumb luck every time I clear tomb.

After the tenth time ya would think I would just skip it, but winning without 15 runes ain't really winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lawman 0 posted:

can a firestormer still eat tomb alive
Don't know with changes, but got me a OgCj of Vehumet working way through the mid game that will soon answer that question.

My guess is going to be yes, with a heaping helping of immolation tossed in for good measure. I'm used to burning mummies to death as a tree so the loss of stair dancing ain't to bad. What I'm not looking forward to is my next TSO attempt...

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Wands changes are good and I'm happy for them except for the recharging removal because I just know I'm going to get hosed out of charging the wands I actually use.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
The only stregtegy to Xom is embrace chaos and chance.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

rodbeard posted:

Gnoll fun allowed.
This my vote for thread title

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Make that series of images the new thread title somehow

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Archenteron posted:

CBRO and some Australian server. Hellmonk needs to push some updates to them at some point (magic staffs becoming shield slot items, WJC merging with... Uskayaw I think? Jivya piety rebalance, reimplementing Nemelex, basically every commit post Halloween)

I think Sif Muna's boost is a flat 1.5 to all schools but I only looked at it once. Also: Ogres still have +3 M&F. Troll/Ogre Skalds are high comedy. Trollhide Armor + Regen + Ozo + Song of Slaying + Special Weapon Giant Club (pref with a slaying ring which will either be +3 or +6)
Switching to hellcrawl permanently

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Still not really playing but just keeping tabs on game's development. Boo to the death of always eating the purple.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
hi DCSS dev irc chat, bring back crown of eternal torment

that is all

that ain't all, but hell might as well keep the gimmick up

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I really like trunks wand changes but want the old wands back as well as Pakellas. How the hell you could get all that to work together is beyond me.

Revert Ogre apt changes or at least bring Maces to same level as polearms and staves.

Bring back Norris

CROWN OF ETERNAL TORMENT!

Revert Tomb stair changes. Remove tomb and have Golden Rune on Crypt 3.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 19, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh yeah, add Jiyva to list of regular altars to find so you don't get hosed out of trying out that god because it is more than likely locked behind acidic death.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh, also before I forget and because people were talking about Pleasing Fungus, there is something I been meaning to ask. Has anyone come across this Hep altar vault

It was something I did and PF did alot of extra work to get it working properly for me and I always appreciated it. I just however never once seen it spawn and am afraid that I may had hosed up something.

Here is the commit from when it was added awhile ago.

EDIT: Used wizard mode to force it to spawn so it is in there, I just think I may have messed up when and how it could appear. Hell if I know, coding ain't mah thing.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 19, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

IronicDongz posted:

e: oh poo poo why didn't I remember, Lets Felids Wear Cloaks And Hats

Internet Kraken posted:

I think he could be improved by reworking his spells and abilities (the suggestion of giving him (Norris) his surfboard back and having a nymph water aura was great)
Yeah!

Floodkiller posted:

Okay, sorry about my previous statement about separating myself from design input. There is one exception that I will implement regardless of thread input: I will be removing Malmutate, gently caress the consequences. I'll either figure something else out, or just cut it with no replacements. I can still put rMut amulets in and have them protect against god/chunk/potion mutations if the thread wants, but I assume most people don't care about the amulet for those cases.

Edit: Maybe Mnoleg can keep it if I'm feeling generous.
Oh hell yeah. Or make it MR effected at the least. Just anything better then 'woops ya' got teleportitis, good luck in zot, lol'

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Another thing before I forgot, bring back sheeps baaing balefully and their interaction with sticky flame. :unsmigghh:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh, one more thing for gooncrawl in my list of things I want. Can we get Virulence as a player caster spell of some form as a lvl 7 or higher poison spell? Poison skill remains a trap to invest deeply in with its extreme fall off and I still think being able to strip everything but undead of poison resistance could extend the life of the other spells.

Know you were saying reversing removals or what not, but always been something I personally wanted.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Add a prompt every hour or so of play to ask if you're to tired/high to keep playing.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
If ya'll gently caress up me finally getting to play with Virulence I will cut ya'.

I just want to combo up a virulence, OTR, virulence, ignite poison to the demons of hell already!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

cheetah7071 posted:

If they do I'm not gonna mourn regular sheep because that was the only interesting thing about them
:(

FnF posted:

Personally, I find the Poison school to be a nice trade-off - two very good early- and mid-late-game spells, but nothing stronger than PArrow. Do you invest in Poison Magic and be more likely to reach the mid- or late-game but then perhaps struggle, or do you choose something else that might be weaker in the early game (depending on your choice) but would give you a better late-game?
I personally think it is dumb as hell there is a skill that will serve no purpose what so ever late game when NO other skill does. Every other magic school, every weapon, passive or whatever can be useful post dungeon except for Poison.

Having one and only one skill be an exp trap (and most of the good poison spells are multi school so you can ignore it all together) has been something I been calling out a long time now.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jiyva ain't a good god to choose early but it should be your choice to act a fool if ya want.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
New poo poo good!

Old poo poo also good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
...so a more wordy blink?

• Locked thread