Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Team name: Minmay is a jackass with a troll alt account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Clear the entrance area of Tomb:1, take off your armor, put on all the +int gear you can find, quaff brilliance, then shatter your way to the right staircase.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Old Dun Cow posted:

As someone who has been reading this thread since (I think) 0.12

My point here is that the game is still just as fun as it's ever been and the overwhelming majority of changes have been positive. Shouldn't the devs deserve the benefit of the doubt considering how much advancement it's made?

Look at how you are. The game is much less fun now.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

And yet the devs think the game is too easy

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Chakan posted:

Out of curiosity if you were to fork the game, what would be the spot for you? I think for most people it would be .19 because of QOL updates, but they would add back in a one or two small things because they enjoyed them?

.18 or .19, make sure that rMut, Clar, Stasis, SustAb, and the yellow wands are in.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Floodkiller posted:

People have been using VPNs to run bots that populate the online servers with awful player ghosts (CeCK, which gives them fast speed and a chaos brand), so it's become a situation of fix it or get rid of it because haven't been able to wall out the griefers as of yet.

This sounds like exactly the sort of poo poo I would expect from Minmay/Duvessa. They know how to write a bot and are unhealthily invested in their ideal vision of crawl and forcing other people to play "their way"

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

What temporary buffs? They removed most of them.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

World Famous W posted:

Wands changes could have been good and I would be happy for them except for the recharging removal because I just know I'm going to get hosed out of charging the wands I actually use.

Fixed this for you

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

someone awful. posted:

If they don't boost /acid's appearance rate a little to compensate then this is a Bad change imo

This is definitely a Bad Change©, part of the Crawl Philosophy™.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

What's wrong with trog and oka? They're boring but effective

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

The current dev team, who apparently and obviously can't get a drat thing right

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

When you kill a mutagenic enemy like a sky beast or an ugly thing, it should leave a mutagenic cloud.

There's your time-sensitive 'should i do it?' choice, plus maybe you can hang around in the cloud for a longer time to try getting a bigger set of muts

Plus now there's a way you can gently caress up when you kill things and oh poo poo to get away from this fight I have to walk through mutagens because i hosed up

Replace Malmutate with a cloud-ring attack like the Ophan have.

Qazlal makes you immune to mutagenic clouds also. (I felt like it steps on Jiyva's toes to only be immune to the bad effects)

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 19, 2017

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

TBH that new Necro/Earth spell sounds a lot like the Toxic Glue spell I kept suggesting as pure poison.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Inspired by Gooncrawl, I'm writing down ideas/pseudo-code for various crab-related ideas to attempt to code and then either throw at Floodkiller and/or Hellcrawl

Here's a general poll/survey/sounding-board of my crab race thoughts which I will refine based on popular thought and then do nothing because goonproject attempt work on.

You missed my preferred method but it's okay because it's got write-in parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Araganzar posted:

Hermit Crab - must wear body armor, starts off wearing leather, as player levels up can wear higher levels of armor with no or greatly reduced encumbrance, eventually can only wear plate mail or dragon scales, special bonuses for maxwell's, lear's, and OCP
:eyepop:

quote:

Fiddler Crab - has fighting claw that starts out equivalent to a flail with +5 SH, as player levels up eventually becomes as good as GSC with SH increasing as well - can still use offhand for attack or shield
:love::swoon::love:

quote:

Japenese Spider Crab - octopode armor slots, extra AC as levels, at XL 13 gives all weapons or unarmed Reaching
:monocle:

• Locked thread