Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That means one more spot. LogicNinja asked if we're doing this again didn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Haifisch posted:

Slime is more than doable as a third rune, and probably easier than V:5 for most characters. The main thing that can make it harder is if you don't know how to deal with corrosion(don't let yourself get ganged up on, GTFO if you get more than two levels or so of corr, let it wear off completely before continuing), but that's a player experience issue. TRJ is mostly a matter of smashing it really hard really fast, and having some way of mopping up or getting away from the jellies afterward.

Or torment+torment+immo+anything penetrating!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Im rolling with ashenzari so I can have some warning about what I am going to blunder into next. So far every skybeast chunk I've eaten has rolled a good mutation except the last one which was evolution.

Evolution is a great mutation.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What if you encounter a loving L3 entropy weaver? Why do they have 4x17 melee attacks?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PleasingFungus posted:

was it rupert.

(for a moment i was hoping it was ignacio... too much to hope for!)

One day Ignacio will kill someone

one day.....

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Door/stairs got locked on me with boris and mara in the room.

Use Sanctuary, read Teleportation and marvel as everything is unable to touch you while your tele goes off.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PleasingFungus posted:

oh, that's a good idea! while we're talking about bringing back removed content, why not bring back shadow traps?

c'mon, let's get a petition together.

You can bring back shadow traps if you give us rmut back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Then make it so it scales with evo. 0 skill means the haste only lasts a few turns.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

tweet my meat posted:

Holy poo poo I found a +7 randart spear with freezing alongside a +6 ring of protection, a +5 ring of evasion, a +2 helmet, a +2 cloak, boots & gloves, and a fire wand all before I hit the temple. This is gonna be a great run.

Looking forward to your death to a goblin with a distort dagger.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

another loser posted:

First time doing Zot, which weapon is best for a MiBe (http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/catfork/catfork.txt)

- the +11 morningstar "Uzeeczar" {chaos, MR+ SInv Stlth+}
- a +7 vampiric demon whip
- the +7 eveningstar "Coirisim" {antimagic, MR+ Str+4}

I assume the Vamp demon whip?

Switch to the eveningstar if you're against undead/demons/OoFs, vampwhip otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cicadalek posted:

Never mind that bullshit, the real question is why has no one added a Snakes to Sticks spell

Xom sometimes turns all snakes in LoS to sticks.

• Locked thread