Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

hito posted:

Thanks! I made a channel called "Desolation of Salt". Actually it doesn't need to be team only, it can just be the general voice channel for people who want to vocally complain. Joining the slow and salty team just means you HAVE to be salty

Slow And Salty
Team captain: hito

1. Jase
2. LordSloth?
3. Goodpancakes

I'll join up here if it's ok. Haven't played in a while. I have one 3-rune victory as MiBe. Might do more of that or try to get a victory as MfIE finally.

e: Oh, and my in-game name is Laurel. Playing on CAO if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Today I'm going for gimmicky combos. I will get that FeSu victory :shepface:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Had a great MfIE game going that I lost due to underestimating ugly things. Ran into one horrible thing after another in that game, too. A wolf spider in Lair:1, a ridiculous player ghost early in the Dungeon, a death yak somewhere in like D:10, a cyclops AND manticore around that same level, christ.

Any recommendations for stuff to add to rcfiles? Anything to optimize my game would help, I already take slow enough. The problem with a lot of resources I can find online is that while it's easy enough to figure out each switch and what they do (there's a manual after all), I still lack the intuition of how I would use these functions to benefit my game. At this point all I've got in there is to have an autoexplore delay so I can watch the path my character is taking while I press "o". Thanks in advance.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Devlan Mud posted:

code:
# For autoexploring differently. Totally optional if it's not your thing.
show_travel_trail       = false
travel_delay = -1
explore_delay = 2

I'll add that you can set this up to 20, and I recommend you do so (I have it at 20 right now and actually wish it were a bit slower). It's in milliseconds, I think.

Thank you to everyone so far for the other rcfile advice. I'll add some things. I'll probably add a notice thing to Okawaru shrines because I'm doing the MfIE thing lately.

• Locked thread