Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Team name inspiration finally hit.

City Name Crawl Team

Team captain: Haifisch

1. Someone Awful
2. Sir Sam Vimes

Nice team name. May I join? I can usually get one win during a tournament. Crawl name chukamok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks to Haifisch for setting up City Name Crawl Team. I had a lot of fun this tournament, this is the first time I got 2 wins. I might have gotten another, but time ran out. Congrats to Haifisch and araganzar for the multiple wins. I enjoyed spectating some of your games.

I actually got to spectate someone get Nature's Ally 3. That was crazy fun to watch, but I don't think I will ever attempt it.

See you around.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
Ah, the good old days.

Remember when mystic blast left vision obscuring clouds? I would get an enemy in a cardinal direction, then keep casting it until I got the "you feel more experienced" message.

Remember when throw frost would make freezing clouds over water? I could clear most of swamp with a level 2 spell.

Remember when monsters ignored miasma? I remember clearing almost an entire floor of the hive with one cast of corpse rot in a one tile corridor.

I miss some of the good old days.

I don't miss old corrosion, no autotravel, Nemelex portable altars, and the old demonspawn mutation system. I think a few hundred of my online losses are me quitting after getting horns 1.

All in all, I think the game has improved quite a lot. Thanks devs!

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I like horns. I quit when I get talons.

I like all the body mutations now. The problem with the old system was once you got a mutation, it never changed. If you rolled horns 1, that's it.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
Any casual teams still have an open slot? I can usually get a 3-rune win during a tournament and a dozen or so splats. Crawl name chukamok.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

Thalamas posted:

Join our merry band of mutants.

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. chukamok
5. fugaros
6. Kautzman

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas
edit: Team is still only showing wulfric and I.

Link

Done! Thanks.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

Thalamas posted:

Join our merry band of mutants.

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. chukamok
5. fugaros
6. Kautzman

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas
edit: Team is still only showing wulfric and I.

Link

I added the # TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas line to my rc file, but I'm not showing up on the clan page.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks to Thalamas for setting up Purple For The Win. I looked for the rest of the team to do some spectating, but I couldn't find you guys when I was playing. What time/server were you guys on? I only managed one three-rune win, but it was the combo high score for MuIE.:smug: And congratulations to Who Left the Gnolls Out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
Hello. Can ziggurats still spawn in Pan, or anywhere else? I used the one in Depths already, but bailed out around floor 10. I have been wandering Pan for a while, but no zig. TIA.

• Locked thread