Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

I get where you guys are coming from, but I stand by what I said at the time:

Flavor is nice, uses for duplicate books are nice, but book amnesia wasn't a great way to achieve either.

What about book-casting? Burn the book to cast one spell from it. Could be limited by spell skills/regular failure chance,so it'd be a no-mana panic button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Akett posted:

It's TSO that hates poison, Zin is perfectly fine with it.

Maybe the issue is clouds of seething chaos?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Just lost my 60 AC GrCk when Xom sent me on a one-way trip to Abyss 4. Live by the Xom, die by the Xom...

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

What are some good beginner tips for a summoner to survive long term?

You are a hybrid class. To get value out of your summons, you need to wading into melee with them. So train a weapon (polearms!) skill and buff up your defense.
Strongly resist the urge to dip into conjurations. They are not helpful with what you're trying to do. Your mana should be spent on more meatshields, not blasting.
Ash and Chei are both solid god choices, because they support hybridization. Sif is also good, because she ensures you get those strong but rare mid/late game summon spells: tentacle, monstrous menagerie (wait did that get removed?), haunt, and so on.
As always, run before you think you need to, using your summons as shields to get a lot of extra distance.
Tailor your summons to the situation. Try to have a tool kit with different summons. No need for menagerie and summon hydra; they are both summon killey dudes spells. Instead, get hydra for murdering dudes, mana viper to lock down mages, and haunt for smite-targeted chaff.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

My experience with malmutate is that is psychologically really frustrating. Is -10% MP really going to affect my game? Probably not. But I feel that my character has been permanently weakened by a single encounter, something that is not present anywhere else in the game (rot is very easy to remove). In fact, the devs already eliminated the other big source of that: corrosion.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I remember the ankhus! And I remember confused by it as a new player too!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

honestly, why do halflings have rmut?

Lord of the Rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Goffer posted:

Good idea - since the range of playable characters clearly represents both sides of the good/evil divide, there should probably be more 'good' themed branches - elves and angels seem to be about it right now.

RIP that one ice wizard deep elf unique's paragraph long flavor text about the corruption of the elven race by demon worshippers.

• Locked thread