Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

code:
For Those About To Splat

1. PoisonMushroom
2. Tollymain
3. GreyjoyBastard(?)
4. Pinechild
5. DevlanMud
6. uglyjohn

#TEAMCAPTAIN PoisonMushroom
That's what I get for just C/Ping my post from the old thread.

I am definitely on this team, not entirely sure why there was confusion about this. I've got the team name in my RC file on CBRO anyway! Also, I'd be interested in maybe setting up an optional Discord since it seems pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Advice for where to go next with this guy?

code:
Pinechild the Middleweight Champion (DrTm)        Turns: 107593, Time: 09:53:48

HP:   212/212 (233) AC: 18    Str: 33    XL:     27
MP:   46/46         EV: 38    Int: 35    God:    Cheibriados [******]
Gold: 13595         SH:  3    Dex: 31    Spells: 22/65 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis .     - Unarmed
rCold    + + .     Gourm    .   (armour unavailable)
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   (no shield)
rPois    +         Spirit   .   M - +2 hat {Int+3}
rElec    +         Reflect  +   l - +0 cloak of Pleasant Breezes {+Fly rCorr Str-4 Slay+3}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   R - +0 pair of gloves "Ytauskump" {rF++ rC+ Str-3}
MR       ++++.                  S - +0 pair of boots of Avicem {rElec Str+3 Dex+4}
Stlth    ++++++++..             q - amulet "Tiniomau" {Reflect rPois rC+ SH+3}
Regen    0.5/turn               O - ring of Summertime {rElec Str+4 Stlth+}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               N - ring of Bimnas {rCorr rN+}
6 runes right now, having just conquered the Tomb mostly through being a giant scared baby with massive stealth running away any time more than one enemy was on screen. Taking a break from my preferred Ghoul Punchman of Chei in order to instead repeatedly turn a small purple dragon into a bigger purple dragon. Not really noticing a lot of difference with the new Transmutations spell rules, but maxed Unarmed combat and Cheistats will make up for a lot of ills. Also, Lesser Beckoning is completely insane and I never want to run a melee character without it ever again, holy poo poo.

I've only ever done Extended once (with a Ghoul, so I wasn't terribly worried about contamination at the time...) so I have no idea which of the Hells or Pan would be best, or if I should instead just take the Orb and go home.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
I got Ash from a faded altar on an unarmed GhGl one time and all I came away with was a burning need for Ash to be able to curse my hands open. I suppose what I was supposed to do would have been to pick a weapon, but honestly I would have made the decision to give up my crossbow for the ability to get more bound. Maybe I just don't understand how you're supposed to play Ash.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
1. Tote Up A Bags (Stoats)
2. SAJeffrey
3. ModestlyAwesome
4. Pinechild

My complete inability to get a rune with a primary caster will surely be an asset to this team!

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Is switching to TSO worth it on this guy if I decide I want to go for 15 runes? Or is Qazlal going to be good enough? I've never actually switched gods or won with TSO before, but this would be like the third time I've done extended, and the first without Chei's panic buttons. As an aside, there's a holy trishula somewhere on U:3 from where Mennas rolled up on me, would that be a better option than my current glaives? I'm never entirely sure about how base speed vs. damage works out.

Edit: Never mind, I did not sufficiently appreciate how bad V:5 is when you can't escape.

code:
Pinechild the End of an Era (Formicid Fighter)     Turns: 54952, Time: 05:33:19

Health: 200/200    AC: 30    Str: 33    XL:     27
Magic:  37/37      EV: 18    Int:  8    God:    Qazlal [******]
Gold:   4816       SH: 31    Dex: 17    Spells: 26/26 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +   a - +5 glaive (venom)
rCold    + + .     Gourm    .   B - +0 large shield
rNeg     . . .     Faith    .   Z - +5 plate armour of Qazlal's Benevolence {Dex+5}
rPois    .         Spirit   .   (helmet unavailable)
rElec    +         Reflect  .   c - +2 cloak "Yhixzug" {*Slow Regen+ Str+3}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   d - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
MR       ++...                  r - +2 pair of boots {Fly}
Stlth    ..........             F - amulet of regeneration
HPRegen  1.23/turn              J - ring "Qomitow" {+Inv rF+++ rC+ Int-3 Stlth-}
MPRegen  0.25/turn              D - ring of the Past {+Fly rElec rC+ Slay+2}

@: flying, repel missiles
A: permanent stasis, dig shafts and tunnels, four strong arms, antennae 3,
deformed body, frail 1, screaming 1, weak 1
}: 2/15 runes: decaying, gossamer
a: Dig, Shaft Self, Upheaval, Elemental Force, Disaster Area, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Invisibility, Stop Flying

Pinechild fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 9, 2017

• Locked thread