Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hito posted:

Sorry for the delay (was at a con all day), but yes, you're on!

Slow And Salty
Team captain: hito

1. Jase
2. LordSloth
3. Goodpancakes
4. ElectricLady (Laurel)
5. Chris7

yo, throw me in, coach - I will be salty.

about ogres!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Brannock posted:

The breakpoint is the amount of XP it takes to get another level of Dodging and after a certain point it probably isn't worth pouring that much XP into something that might not even get you another point of EV, compared to putting that XP into another skill that will improve your durability much more tangibly.

That is to say, there's no real breakpoint, and it's just a sort of gamefeel you pick up after enough experience with the game along with paying attention to your skill costs.

AKA: level killdudes skill -> level don'tgetkilledbydudes skill -> rinse/repeat as needed

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SKULL.GIF posted:

What would a satisfactory reform of Malmutate look like? Removal does not count as reform, by the way.

my biggest beef - and this may not be everybody's - is that there's the situation where a neq or whatever comes around the corner and whoops! you have a mutation. or oofs! had a game where an OoF in zot saw me and gave me teleportitis pretty quick. first mut it gave me. and had a lot of issue with finding cmut in that game.

these situations where you can't a.) do anything in time or b.) can't kill the thing in time, are frustrating. you can outrun the situations sometime, but not always / it's not always an option. personally i think these situations kinda suck? esp. with teleportitis, etc.

I understand why rMut went and agree with the decision ultimately. I think part of the issue was also a communication that wasn't worded well or not received properly - 'we took out rMut but will reform Malmutate' and well, here we are. But now it just kinda sucks in situations like the above and it just feels like 'welp'

Admittedly my only thought is perhaps a 1-2 turn (?) channel (?) time to malmutate? idk

But thank you for being communicative on changes. (same goes to all the devs here) :)

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dpeg posted:

Double-edged mutations can indeed by interesting. I'll try to collect ideas.

However, the real question, in my opinion is: does mutation X affect how you play? From this point of view, strictly good mutations are actually worse than strictly bad mutations. I've seen Lemuel (the guy with the many vaults) play Zot:5 with berserkitis, and it was very interesting and different. (He won.) Having yet another AC+2 or resistance on the A-screen matters less.

I realise there's a big divide about what's "fun". To me, it's about decisions (rather than plain character power, I guess?). I hope that the current changes to the mutating potions makes for more interesting decisions, and also more interesting mutation sets. We'll have to see.

Can I get your honest thought re: teleportitis?

Like, I can more or less work around a lot/most other bad muts. But teleportitis at least feels like a gently caress you, especially if it's in a 'poo poo, what was I supposed to do there?' situation. (And I hate saying 'there was nothing I could have done!!')

Honestly, personally, I just hate Teleportitis, I think. :v:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dpeg posted:

This is all nice and dandy, but SA etiquette demands that you at least notionally complain about removal of either "rMut or HE or Singularity (a spell you've never seen).

re-implement singularity, but instead it sucks up malmutations instead, and also HEs are there too for some reason????

• Locked thread