Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Poison needles, polymorph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is there a way to find out how many Heal Wounds potions have generated in my current game. Because either I'm guzzling them like no tomorrow or hardly any have shown up at all.

I want to find out if I'm justified in complaining or I'm just being a whiner.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

odiv posted:

Is there a way to find out how many Heal Wounds potions have generated in my current game. Because either I'm guzzling them like no tomorrow or hardly any have shown up at all.

I want to find out if I'm justified in complaining or I'm just being a whiner.

Anyone?

I've pretty much started and finished both Lair branches, gone down to V2, and haven't seen a Heal Wounds potion since my last post. This seems a little ridiculous.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Araganzar posted:

You're just a whiner.
Well I'm gonna keep whining.

Started and finished both Lair branches. No Heal Wounds since I last posted.

Just found my first potions of Resistance and Cure Mutation, at XL20, in a shop on Elf:1.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I came across a Kraken Simulacrum in the barnacled rune vault and it had regular tentacles. It was weird.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

What's a sprite? :confused:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Looks like they were already over the deep water and it didn't move them, if I'm reading it right?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just had my lowest turncount ever!

66515 turns with a DsMo of Qazlal. 5 runes and I even did Elf and Crypt. I had Claws 3 and Powered by Death 3 by something ridiculous like XL7 or 9. So I just dumped most XP into UC and Invoc to start.

There was a trove that wanted 17 of my 19 curing potions, but I figured nah, I'd just win.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Did someone change the code to make double-zapping with lightning "easier"?

Because it's loving with my reflexes.

If not, then I guess it's all in my head.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

Yes. You can disable this by setting
pre:
simple_targeting = true
in your rfile.
Thanks.

Does it not show up properly on console? Because I swear it looks like it's targeting regularly (the monster is highlighted) and then I try to move it over one square to bounce it and the cursor jumps two squares.

I'll try it again next time I play.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

odiv posted:

Does it not show up properly on console?
To answer my own question, yeah, the correct targeting shows up on tiles, but not console.

odiv fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 19, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

the ring of the Doge {MR+ Int+6}

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe I missed it, but I just tried trunk for the first time since the tournament and what's with the blue replacing whatever was before it (grey?) for unseen walls and monsters missing in combat?

How do I get rid of that?

I could comb through my rc I guess.

edit:
code:
putty[5/5]: Lost darkgrey and want it back?  In your PuTTY
session, make sure 'Window->Colours->Allow terminal to use
xterm 256-colour mode' is checked and set
'Connection->Data->Terminal-type' to putty-256color.  In your
crawl rc, add 'allow_extended_colours=true' (no quotes).

odiv fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 26, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I went Hep with OpTm because I don't yet have a Hep win (which was maybe a mistake because of the frail).

What buddy do I go with? Was thinking hexbud initially, but now I'm considering tankbud instead.

edit: I suppose I could branch into stabbing because of my great stealth, so hexbud would help there. hm.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just play Ghoul, problem solved!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Mine was Death Cobs during a tournament where I thought "instead of eating..."

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Accidentally leaving almost all my potions in an ice cave was pretty funny.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

What are the chances a beneficial mutation potion gives me Horns 3 as a minotaur?

I have an MR+ hat and just found two potions.

edit:
Found some nice randarts by the end of lair:
the +7 demon whip "Pyli" {elec, rPois Str+2 Dex+4}
the +9 broad axe of Paper {freeze, rElec rF+ MR+ Dex-3}
the ring of the Illusory Ships (left hand) {EV+4 Str+4 Dex+4 Stlth-}

edit2: quaffed the potions slimy green scales (+2AC) and clarity. Nice

odiv fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 2, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's good enough for the game, I think. We'll see what else I find, but I'm going to dip into shields at least for bucklers.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just had a super fun game! MiIE of Gozag.

I had Boots of the Assassin and Fencer's Gloves. Between ripostes, headbutts, and Gozag distraction enabled stabs, I was getting a ton of extra damage in. I highly recommend it.

here's the dump:
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/hyperodiv/morgue-hyperodiv-20161205-074211.txt

Wasn't entirely sure what to do with my skills, but I started bringing up Long Blades just because of the Fencer's Gloves.

edit: Oh, I guess I should have tried bribing at some point...

odiv fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 5, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sounds like you have it figured out, yeah.

Edit: duh, right, or what they said down there.

Rupert's still pretty scary though.

odiv fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 6, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

There's a Trove that wants a +6 Demon Blade.

I just got to Depths:5. All I have found so far is a +2 Demon Blade and 3 scrolls of Enchant Weapon. I'm guessing I probably read the first one to ID it so really I've found 4 total, but this just seems like the game is trolling me at this point.

Also, assuming I find another one, do I open the trove? I kinda wanted to enchant up an endgame weapon, but the lure of the RNG might prove to be too great.

edit: Yay, found it in a shop on Depths:5. Bit overpriced, but I guess I'm a captive market.

odiv fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 7, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Why would a God want to sell you poo poo directly? The real money is in franchising.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

"lol swastikas"

gently caress off with that Nazi poo poo. I don't care if it's "ironic" anymore, I have zero patience for it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Movement other than auto-explore should be removed when no monster is in LOS. It's super tedious to explore a whole level that way and people can spend a ridiculous amount of time using it to reduce their turncounts.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Has something like that ever happened with any online server?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

in general, we're more than happy to help fork developers out, both in terms of the codebase and helping people go through the server hosting process.
But no server admin has seen an upcoming change and gone, "Nah, I don't think I'll implement that one." I'd imagine, right?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Wait, the game has livery?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How about Klingons? Can we put them in?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Do we get Pak back at least? :P

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sometimes you get a God gift that's outside your skillset, but also completely amazing, so you change your plan. I like it when that happens, adds a bit of variety.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Aw man, I really liked rods. :(

I should stop keeping up with this thread probably.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

I'm guessing you haven't yet tried the new wands/evocables that replaced rods?
Nah, not yet. That's why I was saying I shouldn't follow the thread. No sense in getting annoyed for no reason.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Skin mutation at lvl7.

Poisonous skin, psychoactive skin, camouflage skin, etc?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

They do that for testing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Some friends and I who play made our own irc channel where we get all the milestones for our players, so that's pretty cool. It's been pretty dead except for tournament time, but that's fine.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Honestly the game's been all downhill since they fixed the melee bug. :(

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Got a dump so I can watch that replay? :)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Did she say, "Wait, I thought you finished. Why are you playing again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Doesn't repel missiles work against reflection? Or has that changed?

• Locked thread