Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Scaramouche posted:

I actually save early game potions of lig for those exact situations.

Yeah the key is popping it pre-emptively instead of reactively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

someone awful. posted:

Weird question, but what's going on with my scoreboard? http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/someoneawful.html My wins since I started playing on CJR are duplicated for some reason. Artifact of playing on the best server, or...?

Known issue and ZiBuDo is looking at fixing it. There might need to be a manual scrub done

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Razzled posted:

umm is Orc mines only 2 levels now?

You got it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Goodpancakes posted:

I ran into two rooms with 3 electric eels in them on like D 5 or 6. I just left them alone. How would I tackle this as a regular ol fighter guy. Shoot them with ranged stuff? Wait for relec?

Ignore them or bring wands of flame. Scalding steam deals with them pretty well. Try to avoid putting a wall behind you so they can't bounce bolts off it and zap you twice per shot.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shh baby, no more thrashing, sleep now

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Darox posted:

but it's still really good for a level 3 spell.

This isn't a problem in my eyes, especially given its other limitations. Some other level 2-3 spells: Swiftness, Regeneration, Spectral Weapon, Blink, Repel Missiles, Mephitic Cloud, Tukima's Dance...

Lesser Beckoning is right about that power/usefulness level, and it adds some new tactical options to the game beyond the immediately obvious of "pull what you want to kill".

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Princey posted:

Somebody recommend me some combos to play. I'm home sick and I want to exacerbate my illness by frustrating myself with Crawl.

Options:

1. Easiest combos to win other than melee fightmans. I've only ever won melee fightmans, it would be nice to do something else.
2. Combos that are just loving fun to play, even if questionably viable.
3. Gods that are cool and fun and new or underused, and combos that synergize well with them.

DsFE and MfIE are a big change of pace from the usual Fi/Gl, but can still pick up good fighting skills to round themselves out

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Araganzar posted:

I just started a Monk and I am on D7 and I have found zero altars. ZERO.

WHAT THE gently caress CRAWL.

Have you found all stairs? Sometimes there's areas on a floor that can only be accessed via an up stair

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
CBRO is a RamNode VPS (largest Premium server: 135 GB disk space, 4 GB RAM, 4 cores) that somehow became the default American Eastern server and is being overwhelmed in this tournament. We're always welcoming of more servers. In the meanwhile CJR and CAO should work fine for most players. I'd be happy to exterminate your ghosts on CJR!

CSZO won't come back unless someone steps up to admin it. From what I understand of the situation, the problem is that person has to commit long-term to running and maintaining it; and from everything I've seen from my perspective as a dev, being a server admin is a big pain in the rear end, especially when versions are updating and tournaments are being set up.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Goodpancakes posted:

Is there ghost statistics somewhere in the tournament? Whose ghost has murdered the most, ect? Did they take that out to stop lvl 27s suicides on D:1-5

kind of 'hidden' -- you can only find it from the "Wins and Kills" tab: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/gkills.html

Also top killers: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/killers.html Player ghosts have 799 kills as of this post for 3.89% of all deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The breakpoint is the amount of XP it takes to get another level of Dodging and after a certain point it probably isn't worth pouring that much XP into something that might not even get you another point of EV, compared to putting that XP into another skill that will improve your durability much more tangibly.

That is to say, there's no real breakpoint, and it's just a sort of gamefeel you pick up after enough experience with the game along with paying attention to your skill costs.

• Locked thread