Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm trying to choose a weapon for my DrCj, and I have these two to choose from:

u - the +12 glaive "Miqoiruts" (weapon) {freeze, rElec rF+}.
x - the +10 morningstar of Evisceration {crush, Str+4}.

Going to sink some XP into one - I'm guessing the glaive is better for midgame? (About to start doing Lair runes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Do I need dragon form here or do I keep statue punching everything?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Fourth win ever, first in a tournament, first transmuter!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

jerkstoresup posted:

We have the best teams, don't we folks?

Dream Github commit: "Sludge Elves swung the vote and reinstated Pakellas"

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This is my DrVM of Hep that's going OK, and then I got this axe:

A - +6 war axe of Massacring {speed, rF+ Str+5}

Is it worth training axes right now and switching this bad boy out in late game, or do I just use it occasionally and stick to more casting? It's so good, I've never seen a decent axe of speed before in the early game

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I would pay for a premium service that lets me jump to level 15

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Don't remove or touch punchgod, she owns and instantly blowing up a nerd owns

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Are Formicids able to use Uksayaw's merge ability, or does it count as a blink?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

With Axes at 20, which of these is my best choice?

a - the +6 broad axe of Goihof (weapon) {venom, +Fly rF++ Str-4 SInv}.
b - a +7 war axe of freezing.

I figure the venom will be useful through lair and then I swap to the war axe, hoping I've found a good executioner's by then?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Banish is a bit confusing in terms of XP - Do I want to drop them low then banish, or just fire it off if scary things appear?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What was the 27 traps one?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What are the requirements to not have 'Your armour prevents you from hitting <x>' in plate?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Haha good joke Crawl

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Holy poo poo the salt mines have like 3-4 areas packed full of randarts. Good job they are fun but the enemies should shout random lines from saltybet chat.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I - the ring "Desenaih" {*Slow rPois Str+4 Dex+4 Stlth+}.

This will get me killed, right?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Ok guys, it is time for my MiBe to grow up and swap to the holy gods because I am determined this fucker will 15 rune.

So far I have the two lair runes, and I am not sure which to do next and at what time to swap. I guess maybe I want to keep Trog while I do vaults and slime?
Also, do I want to swap to TSO or Zin and at what time / in what order?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nevermind, hosed up in depths. GOOD poo poo gently caress CRAWL

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Poison Mushroom posted:

I lost a really good TrMo^F because I forgot I was carrying a wand of heal wounds. And a potion of haste. And my god abilities. And scrolls of teleport.

:bang:

420 slam tab every loving turn

also can we please revert whatever change was made that made shafts appear everywhere? They are a death sentence for early characters and it's not really fun running around trying to find an upstair if you haven't had the luck to find Mapping yet.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The moral behind crawl really is true: to be strong you really gotta take it easy

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/players/dynast.html

Oh god look at what broke the streak

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

DON'T go toe to toe with a white ugly thing if you have -rC. That was my last shot for the tournament. I did get a MfTr ascension so I am happy but my top games is literally 10 ascendable characters dying in stupid ways.

Crawl 0.19: The real enemy is your tab key

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

jerkstoresup posted:

Rods out for Pakellas did great, we ranked #17. Floodkiller and Can of Worms kicked rear end with lots of wins.

Last tourny I got one 15-rune win. This time I got two 4-rune wins. Next time I'll get four 3-rune wins?

Thanks to Floodkiller for setting up the Discord everyone in there for keeping it fun.

Thanks team for being cool friends. I only ascended once but it was my 4th ever win and my first ever in a tournament so I am very pleased.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm gonna take the record with my new ending "Mara's Sister and her Shard Shrike Aviary"

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I've found 3 wands of heal wounds on this deep dwarf. Just hit Lair.

It's taunting me.

Expend MP to strengthen wands mutation > mana drained as a titan appears

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I just found a book containing Statue Form on this dude who is currently rampaging around in Dragon Form. What's the call on which is the better form?

edit: gently caress nevermind :v:

tote up a bags fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 26, 2016

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm an XL11 Gargoyle fighter with 14 in M&F, and Oka just gifted me this:

B - the +9 executioner's axe "Utuag" {antimagic, rF+ Str+4 Int+4}

Do I train up Axes? My guess is no since by the time I have them high enough to use this I'll have found something else?

edit: second question: Orange plate on a Gargoyle is pretty sweet, right?

tote up a bags fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 27, 2016

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

:siren: My first ever 15 runer! :siren:

I started playing around like, 0.5 or maybe 0.6. Today is the end of an era thank GOD.
Sucks it happened after the tourney but eh.

Anyway I went to single digit HP like, 15 times. I'm still a bad player, but now I'm a bad player :siren: who thinks he's good :siren: !!!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Carcer posted:

First time I've gotten 14 runes, up from my previous best of 5. I've only got gehenna left and then I'll finally be able to say I've "fully" beaten this game.

In hindsight I really should have left tomb for last, its so incredibly deadly and I was so incredibly stupid for not taking potions of lignification with me or buying shops out of scrolls of fog and silence. But I did it, and now I never have to go back there again.

Having juuust finished my first 15 runer... what's the benefit of treeform in Tomb?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Re: casting in plate. Don't bother. Get a good triple crossbow and win the game with that instead

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

YO

code:

800043 Stoats the Sniper (level 27, -18/190 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Fighter on Nov 28, 2016.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Demolished by a white very ugly thing (19 damage)
             ... while paralysed by a floating eye
             ... in Pandemonium on Nov 29, 2016.
             The game lasted 03:10:29 (75407 turns).
Floating eyes are significant even when you're stomping through Pan!
edit: Woah I was just over 3 hours, dang.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I had it. Took 6 months off and then came back and 15 runed for the first time ever. This game owns but it gets insanely repetitive if you play it a lot. Playing for 3+ hours to just start being challenged by anything other than dumb luck can be pretty dull.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Jesus, had a good run going with a Troll Monk (as predicted as soon as I wanted Jiyva the altar wasn't at the lair entrance). Went down some swamp stairs and 4 hydras attacked me 30 times and I died instantly.

Now THIS...

is working as intended

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

cheetah7071 posted:

The reason I want to switch is because I want a god that can make up for me being crazy weak. Fedhas was doing that till I ran out of fruit but I guess I'm stuck with him now

If you have disposable blink and are able to survive Abyss, do it. Blink like crazy away from summons and then just run. Works for Oka and Trog too.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Holy poo poo I just figured out how to finally bring the devs and the thread together, through one unifying idea.

remove malmut :siren: crab god :siren:

dislikes: steam

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Probably should remove okawaru since his two abilities are both basically parts of berserk and trog already gives gifts.

Remove humans too, since they can become fighters (coveted by minotaur), casters (covered by tengu) or stealthy characters (covered by spriggan)

remove fire magic too since its the damage only school and is therefore covered by raw conjurations

Then remove me, from this gay earth that has no high or sludge elves in it

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Deep Elves only works as a name if they have something to compare to, so I suggest we make Shallow Elves, who are only able to use the most popular weapons and only cast spells if they see another unique casting that spell (because then they know it's cool)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

PleasingFungus posted:

we already have deep dwarves, tho. they're pals

FR: Rename Tengu to Deep Tengu, then 'deep' can mean 'survived the dev team'

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Please make reverse nagas who can use boots but can't read scrolls because they can't speak

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

taqueso posted:

code:
Welcome, taqueso the Octopode Assassin.
Will you prevail where others failed? Will you find the Orb of Zot?
Press ? for a list of commands and other information.
Found a large opal ring.
Found a staircase leading out of the dungeon.
A goblin comes into view. It is wielding a dagger.
You see here a large opal ring.
g - a large opal ring
Put on which piece of jewellery? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
g - a +6 ring of protection (left tentacle)

Orc Wizard with wand of lightning on D3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

dpeg posted:

I'm torn whether the reactions to HE removal are more far out here over the tavern. I guess here it's more ... awful :)

The future of DCSS: all the cool guys dead, only rubbish left to roam the dungeons! Let's see how long the Deep Elf kicks around.

dpeg for the love of CHRIST please turn deep elves into deep crabs at this point im starting to worry you're not following our excellent suggestions

• Locked thread