Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Spoeank posted:

A random Cubs fan after they were down 3-1

"I literally don't care what happens for the rest of my life if they pull this off."

*somewhere, a single finger on a monkey paw curls*

If nothing else you got my mother, who worked on the Clinton campaign and is beyond distraught, to crack a smile in between tears. So thanks for that :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Poque posted:

good thing the two aren't at all related then

No but many of us are still at the bargaining stage

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Id actually much prefer to see if the guy has anything left than to ship him out of town with a IOU attached. Travis shaw turned back into a pumpkin last year, Yoan needs seasoning and Brock Holt needs to not be pressed into starting duty if at all humanly possible

Plus I just like Pablo, even before he came to Boston, and I want him to do well :unsmith:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
This is basically worthless coming from a Boston fan but even despite 'the curse' the cubs had that 'team of destiny' stink all over them for the whole playoffs, imo

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Doesn't LA have like 8 starting pitchers at this point? Surely they're going to have to jettison some guys right?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
As good as Sale is, I'm really not pumped about the idea of trying to beat a giolito/Robles package, gotta figure it begins with moncada/jbj/e-rod at the least

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I retract my previous statement. If the deal is as listed, it's real good for the Red Sox. Losing moncada may wind up stinging pretty badly but... it also might not. No JBJ or benintendi is pretty huge, as well.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Sydin posted:

In Dexter Fowler news, he apparently has a 4/60 deal on the table from the Cardinals, but is reluctant to sign because of "clubhouse culture" issues, with Matheny in particular apparently being an issue.

What the hell did Heyward tell him :stare:

I couldn't find a picture of it that didn't destroy the tables here but just pretend I posted :fredbirdpolicelivesmatter:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Eugh. Well it sure didnt take long after the WS for 'Dammit not the friggin Cubs' to escape my mouth

God bless Koji, 9 times out of 10 you were absolute money for us so I wish you nothing but the best

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How are the Red Sox not on that list? Is there something I'm missing?

Nowhere to put him now that Mitchy Mitch is signed to play first and Hanley is DHing

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I always thought some kind of 'arena baseball' would be pretty cool for minor leaguers and and independent ballers to play in the offseason

stuff like aluminum bats, high walls and extremely odd field dimensions, a designated fielder, home run derby to decide games after 12 innings etc.

just goofy stuff like that, i guess you'd have to play it exclusively indoors but idk i'd watch the hell out of it

NiceGuy fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 16, 2016

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

howe_sam posted:

He was terrible in the first half of the season. Got moved into the bullpen, and was decent for the last two months of the season. But trusting him to be anything is a fool's errand.

Yeah this is probably the most accurate way to put it. Buchholz is one of the most frustrating pitchers to watch, the guy dips between 'unhittable' and 'unmissable' at the drop of a hat and he'll probably never put up 200 innings in a season.

I'll still miss him though. That no hitter in his second start was awesome and he definitely played a big role in the 2013 championship.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

bawfuls posted:

There is a difference between "not popular" and "a despicable, combative person who constantly espouses repulsive views and throws a tantrum whenever he's called on it"

People can advocate for a higher moral standard in today's voting, and it's certainly reasonable that many would say Schilling fails to rise to that standard while no other players on the current ballot have the same problem.

Wait didn't barry bonds beat the poo poo out of his pregnant wife and stuff

I mean yeah Schilling has lovely abhorrent views but let's keep this in perspective

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Rand alPaul posted:

Manny Ramirez just signed with an independent Japanese baseball league team.

This would make such a beautiful mini-series on espn

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
OOTP owns and I'm not at all ashamed to say I've wasted countless hours on what is essentially a spiffed-up spreadsheet

Like I honestly don't even buy the console baseball games anymore because they just don't scratch the itch the way I need it scratched

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Not much to add but holy poo poo. What a tragic year for baseball it has been :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Don't leave the bag and you won't get called out. I don't really see the issue with enforcing one of the most basic tenets of the game :confused:

Maybe you should only pop-up slide in situations where you won't get tootblan for it? idk I'm no joe maddon

• Locked thread