Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Did anyone make a free agent guessing game for this off-season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Come home Edwin!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I think they gave Josh Johnson a nice contract as a response. Then like a year later they made that insane Johnson / Buerhle/ Reyes trade as a salary dump.

Raise your hand if you thought Mark Buerhle would end up being the most valuable piece going to the Jays in that deal.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Don't forget our time-honoured tradition of loving terrible utility players way too much. See: John McDonald, Reed Johnson, Munenori Kawasaki.

John McDonald is a saint.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

A guy I know made a small proline bet and was in line to actually win a decent chunk of money (I think he picked 10 games or whatever the max is ) but Tyler flowers screwed it all up by hitting a game tying homer in the 9th and then a game winner in the 10th. We were gonna get him a Tyler flowers jersey for Christmas

Minimum 3, maximum 6. I've never won a ticket trying to parle more then 4 games. And I don't play at all anymore because the odds are bad and You Can't Predict Baseball. (or hockey)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

They crushed the hell out of that last year, because they began selling family plans that offer almost no savings at all. They also stepped up their VPN detection game, but probably 70% of the huge banwave last season was specifically for account sharing, the other 30 for blackout circumventing.

For what it's worth I didn't have any issues using it everyday last year in my group. I didn't use a VPN though since they didn't have blackouts for Canadians.

I am in for a share again, but I shouldn't buy because of my inferior currency.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I think timeouts or limiting mound visits is unnecessary. Pace of play rules have cut out most of time wasting by batters, and something similar could be done for pitchers, hopefully without adding a clock.

The worst thing now is mangers stalling for time while they wait for someone in the clubhouse to watch a replay before deciding whether or not to challenge.
I would give managers two challenges per game / first 6 innings, but he would have 10 seconds to initiate a challenge after the ump makes a call. Make a challenge or don't. We don't need to have a review to decide if we're having a review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Unless you just love baseball that much I'm going to tell you it isn't going to be worth it. At the least do yourself a favor and watch the away broadcasts if possible.

Actually, Rex Hudler and Sal Perez are really the only reasons for a neutral fan to watch a Royals game.

• Locked thread