Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Farewell Seth Smith, aka Dad.

https://twitter.com/bobnipotent/status/817433859960672256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Julio Cruz posted:

Rum, sodomy and the lash.

Quality Pogues album.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Dipoto gonna Dipot. The guy sure seems to like trading. Maybe he's as bored as his fans are?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

@RaysBaseball: #Rays have acquired OF Mallex Smith, minor league SS Carlos Vargas & minor league LHP Ryan Yarbrough from SEA in exchange for LHP Drew Smyly

Well I guess there was a point to all of DiPoto's nervous activity after all. Smyly is a nice get, definite upgrade over Karns for the #3 spot. I'll have to look into the prospects, although I don't think it's a good idea to get too attached to them in this regime.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Is the consensus on Smyly that he's a good K/BB dude, but tends to give a few too many dingers? Pitching in Safeco should help with that.

Think that's about right. Somebody mentioned that he's sort of Jason Vargas with a higher SO %. The Safe is less of a flyball pitcher park than it used to be, but presumably he'll benefit from no longer pitching in the AL East. Consistent 2-ish WAR pitcher.

And I guess I misspoke, he currently slots in as the #4 starter. If Felix can get back on his horse a bit (dubious?) the M's may have a nice rotation on their hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Today, February 14th, the weather is warming, irises are poking up from the ground, and the Seattle Mariners pitchers and catchers are reporting to spring training.

It's a good day, folks.

• Locked thread