Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Speaking of players the Pirates fleeced for Nate McLouth, whatever happened to Gorkys Hernandez?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I like the trade for Garcia. The Braves need to let their young pitchers get a few more good years in the minors before starting to bring them up. Maybe teach Newcomb and Toussant how to throw strikes, and let Allard and Fried get another year under their belts to show that they are over their injuries. And that's not even scratching the surface with Soroka, Weigel, Anderson, Muller, Wentz and Jenkins all in the top 25.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Beltran to the Astros

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Beltran vs. Gattis: The Fight to be the Worse Left Fielder.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Rumors still going around that Coppy is trying to pry Sale away. Please don't, Coppy. This team isn't an ace away from contending. :(

I imagine any deal starts with Ozzie.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Everybody knows the Marlins are just a stopgap for players with big contracts. Loria signs them to a huge contact, everyone shits themselves, go all in for one World Series, and then have a firesale.

It's why Pujols didn't sign with them because Loria refused a no-trade clause because everyone knew what he was doing by going after him and Reyes.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

ScottyJSno posted:

I need more Baseball. Book recommendations anyone?

I just finished "The Only Rule is it Has to Work".
I read "Money Ball" a few years ago.

I've made this recommendation on here before: Jim Palmer's book about him and Earl Weaver. Funniest book I've ever read.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
John Feinstein's book about Mike Mussina and Tom Glavine is really good. Also Seasons in Hell about the 1974 Rangers is pretty great. Eight Men Out is a classic.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

St. Dogbert posted:

I looked that up a few weeks ago. It's interesting how much the incident is looked back on as "LOL DISCO," and not at all as a gang consisting overwhelmingly of straight white people rioting in response to a style of music that mainly appealed to gay, black, and Latin-American people getting popular.

This is certainly some words strung together

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Ban flat-billed hats

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Suck it, Indians. Good pitching beats good hitting.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Talking about Manny and then seeing that YouTube video of those fights, it always made me laugh whenever Manny would get hit, act tough and point at the mound, and then wait for the catcher and umpire to hold him back. THEN he would act like he was going to go crazy. SOOOO tough.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Have the Yankees exercised Cano's option yet?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
But how will we know the difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
In a macabre thought, I wonder how MLB would handle it if, heaven forbid, a plane carrying a team went down.

Would they bring up AAA players to finish their season? Would there have to be an expansion-esque draft? I'm sure it would devastate the game for several seasons to come.

• Locked thread