Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Was Pat Hughes' call of the final out as amazing as I dreamed it would be? I'm still partying in Cleveland. :toot:
Here you go, bud

Final Call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
Understandable on Cleveland's side. Three starters on short rest, and a lockdown bullpen with an amazing reliever who is willing to go 2+ innings whenever the manager wants? Tito was gonna have a quick hook no matter what.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

Good Dog posted:

What the hell is Trout doing with all these silver slugger awards? He just won his fifth straight. He's gonna run out of people to give them to.
A bigass Flava-Flav style necklace?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Much like the Angels and Mike Trout, I don't see a scenario where the Sox can trade Chris Sale and not come out feeling ripped off.
ESPN's usual offseason trade article bullshit proposed Sale + Robertson for Puig + 3 of the Dodger's top 5 prospects (rated by MLB Pipeline).

Personally I think you'd be lucky to get just Sale for that package. This same article recommended Cleveland trade for Cutch though, which wouldn't exactly fix our centerfield defense.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

CubsWoo posted:

Especially other playoff team posters, did the Cubs feel like an unstoppable juggernaut or did you always have a sort of quiet confidence that the curse was real or the Cubs would just Cubs it up like they always used to?
(Cleveland fan)

They felt unstoppable once they evened the WS at 3-3. In the regular season they won 103 games in a league where 9 of the 15 teams posted a losing record. Cleveland won 9 less games, but only 5 teams in the AL were below .500.

Coming into the WS I saw them as good but beatable. I think if Cleveland had a healthy Carrasco or if Salazar was able to start, it would have been a 4-1 series win. That's obviously not how it turned out and even though I had to watch Cleveland lose a second one in Game 7 extra innings, it's hard to be salty because the loving Cubs won a World Series.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
Cleveland might work as well. Naquin is a platoon bat who hasn't solved the high fastball yet, and didn't play great CF defense.

God only knows what the Pirates would ask for though.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The Indians retired the number 455 for the amount of consecutive sellouts they had?
Yup, at the time it was the consecutive sellout record. I think Boston has it now though.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I want to see Wahoo gone as much as the next guy but most of those logos suck. Just use the block "C" they already have. As for the name how about the Cleavers.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I like the EE move but I hope it means we trade for an actual leadoff hitter with either Napoli or Santana as part of the deal because we really don't need 3 1B/DH guys

Napoli is a free agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
The next night they'll be dedicating the Bud Selig Overflowing poo poo Drain.

• Locked thread