Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Altuve MVP please

Not going to happen I know

Most Valuable Pygmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pablo does this every single year don't believe his lies Boston

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A random Cubs fan after they were down 3-1

"I literally don't care what happens for the rest of my life if they pull this off."

*somewhere, a single finger on a monkey paw curls*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shohei Otani is a loving goddamn monster human being what the hell

https://gfycat.com/AbleOrganicAnchovy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This could be a gif of his reaction

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hunter you're such a goddamned weirdo I wouldn't doubt it was a wand

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Guys you know a title is nice but what I'm really pining for is being the Pittsburgh Pirates of the last half decade.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Remember when like the whole Angels farm system was untouchable and the best of the bunch turned out to be like Erick Aybar and Howie Kendrick

Trade all the prospects even if it "glues a mm to one side of the coin" or whatever

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Good Dog posted:

Kendrick and Aybar were all star caliber middle infielders for a decade. Not fair that Adenhart died and Wood might as well have. A huge portion of that 2007~ group made it to the majors, Willits, Bourjos, Sean Rodriguez, Mathis, Conger.

I remember an article written about the Angels top 25 prospects from like 2006 and how like 20 of them either turned into major leaguers or were traded for major leaguers, which is a huge rate.

Amount of Angels titles won in that timespan:

(trade all the fuckin prospects flags fly forever)

And Kendrick and Aybar have 2 career ASGs combined and two seasons each over 4 WAR. They were solidly above average but not amazing.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 23, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Don't do it you fucks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

2010: Pablo & Timmy are Giants - Title
2012: Pablo & Timmy are Giants - Title
2014: Pablo & Timmy are Giants - Title
2016: Pablo & Timmy are NOT Giants - NO Title

makes u think

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Lmao of course an NL West team is gonna bail the Red Sox out of an unfortunate contract.

A guy from the Boston Herald makes up a rumor about the Giants saving the Sox from themselves, the internet reverberates.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/dodgers-must-cut-debt-to-comply-with-mlb-rules.html

Who would have thought spending all the money would have negative consequences

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Because they've spent a billion dollars in four years and have nothing to show for it but pictures of Clayton Kershaw gripping his head in pain on the bench to show for it. That's why it's the funniest thing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

tadashi posted:

What's also funny about the Braves was getting stopped by even year bullshit twice this century (2002 and 2010).

Somewhere, a single tear falls from Brooks Conrad's eye.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Melancon is a Giant 4/$62 million

Praise Jesus for a decent closer but uhhhh that's a lot of scratch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Johan hasn't been a Twin for a decade next year what the gently caress oh god

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Phillies Fire White Nationalist Pistachio Vendor is my new favorite offseason headline.

http://deadspin.com/phillies-pistachio-girl-fired-for-being-a-white-natio-1789696359

Nutjob loses Nut Job?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

chilihead posted:

The quote is from a poster on Deadspin, if any of you don't have it bookmarked, you should.

Aw man I got beat by a Deadspin commenter? I have no original thoughts :(

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 6, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kinda pissed that piece of poo poo garbage wife beater Aroldis Chapman got a ring and $86 million AND improved his current franchise via trade all in the last 6 months.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Your Taint posted:

It's as unnatural as when Brett Favre was in purple.

Long Time Chicago Cub Legend Dexter Fowler

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Your Taint posted:

yes........

Favre played like 30 fewer games for the Packers than Fowler the Cubs.

Fowler was a hired gun who didn't even re-sign with the team until Spring Training was underway this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/sportspickle/status/807643135241175042

I wonder what the difference might be

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eucilis, the Greek God of False Equivalences

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"Hi Aroldis, you were used funny in the World Series. How do you feel about that?"

"I didn't like it but I was ready to do my job"

~*~ rage ensues ~*~

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

tadashi posted:

Serious post:

Just let Cespedes Family BBQ do the HRD.

Nah, let Carson Cistulli do it.

Make it weird spergy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"That's how we Dewey, people!"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This mascot seems a little Farfetch'd.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tony Phillips posted:

I'd swear someone cited the Cubs' team babip for a single game at one point last October.

It was before that, I remember it. It was someone talking about how the Cubs had the actual best record in baseball when they didn't because of BABIP or something. I want to say it was in May or June. It was like "loss x shouldn't count because the babip was .400" and poo poo like that. It was magical.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's fascinating watching Cubs fans be angry at everything that happened en route to their title.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I won't be happy until the Cubs go 162-0 during the regular season and then sweep every series of the playoffs.

Oh and every playoff game better be a shutout or I'll be pissed beyond belief.

But they traded Gleyber is it really worth it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

YES

WE

CAN

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18497468/willie-mccovey-pardoned-president-barack-obama

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This is my favorite Murray Chass article

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hall of Fame more like Hall of Lame until Bonds gets in

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I highly recommend clicking this tweet to see the replies

https://twitter.com/NotMrTibbs/status/822899449047359488

Nice.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dan Haren is amazing. His effectively wild doubly so because he 100% understands his own splits and owns them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

only one of these two players is a quickly depreciating asset
How will Madison handle this?

Koreans are some of "the good ones." He'll be okay.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/45PedroMartinez/status/823748571258322944

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

(Yordano was still alive after the crash and someone robbed him instead of helping him). gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I don't think my friends master plan of trading Crawford for a #2 level pitcher and starting Ehire is gonna work now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MadBum at 3, Cueto at 8, I say let's go with the Shredder

• Locked thread