Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's going to be a trail of tears out of that ballpark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So is Cubs Fatalism officially dead?
judging by ravens fans after their SB win, no

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont want another nl central team winning a WS but the brewers havent won one yet, right? havent even been to one since 1982

i'm gonna put the albatross label on them now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pancakes posted:

I'm sure I'll be guilty of this in time as well, but Cardinals fans complaining about how the Cubs winning the Series makes them feel reeks of the same kind of privilege that leads to MRA's, arguments for "White History Month", Young Republicans holding "Reverse Affirmative Action" bake sales, etc.
:popeye: that escalated quickly

although there probably are a lot of MRAs and young republicans in the Cardinals fanbase

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel betrayed. the "CRAAEEECKER JAAEECKS" woman at Phillies games is a racismer

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Well-known-Phillies-vendor-in-DC-white-nationalism-fracas.html

quote:

Youcis told me last night that she was at the conference as an observer but added that she’s been in thrall with the so-called “alt-right” movement for about 10 months.

She called it “a white identity movement. This doesn’t mean that we hate anybody — we simply want to find our own identity as Americans ... as white Americans, and find our own culture.”

quote:

Last night, David Duke -- the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan turned right-wing politician -- tweeted approvingly of Youcis' actions in the nation's capital, writing atop a video of the brawl: "In the current year, if you're White and don't wake-up hating yourself for it -> NAZI!" Youcis retweeted Duke's posting. Her Twitter account follows a number of so-called "alt-right" accounts such as the group Fight White Genocide.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The brad lidge trade was dumb too but Phillies got a WS out of it so i'm fine with it. Cubs fans should DWI imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm now thinking about how Domonic Brown was TOO VALUABLE TO TRADE for so many years

• Locked thread