Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I burst into tears as soon as Rizzo made the final out. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Was Pat Hughes' call of the final out as amazing as I dreamed it would be? I'm still partying in Cleveland. :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Did anyone get a picture of Jon Hamm in the stands as the Cubs got the final out?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CubsWoo posted:

The only Cubs who are/could be FA after this year are:

Joe Smith
Dexter Fowler (5M mutual option that the Cubs agreed not to pick up as a condition of signing him for 8M)
Aroldis Chapman
Jason Hammel (10M team option/2M buyout)
Travis Wood
David Ross (Retiring)
Chris Coghlan
Trevor Cahill

I'm not sure any of them are getting QOs since they set the amount at 17.2 million/1 year, you can't QO Chapman and the FO told Dex they wouldn't QO him two years in a row.

Joe Smith - Pass
Dexter Fowler - I love him, but with Schwarber back and Almora looking very good, we just don't need to spend the 18-mil or so it will cost to keep him here.
Aroldis Chapman - :byewhore: Get Jansen instead
Jason Hammel - Worth the 10M for a 5th starter. Take the team option.
Travis Wood - Please re-sign him
David Ross - Come back as some sort of coach in the dugout
Chris Coghlan - He seems to thrive as a Cub, we could always use more lefty bats, and he'd be cheap. Go for it.
Trevor Cahill - Sure, but only if he doesn't cost a lot

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ruddiger posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/794057504871346176

This is pretty loving cool, but I hope Obama wears his Sox jersey when they visit. :twisted:

Jim McMahon wore his Bears jersey to the White House when the Packers won in 1996. The Bears never got to go to the White House after the 1985 season because the Challenger blew up like 3 days after the Super Bowl, and McMahon was Favre's backup so he pretty much took zero snaps all season as a Packer.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I know it's a longshot, but do any Chicagoons have an extra copy of today's Tribune I could buy off them? I didn't get home until like 5am yesterday and by the time I woke up, they were completely sold out everywhere.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CubsWoo posted:

You can buy them from the Tribune directly for $10 but they're absolutely slammed right now and I think they've said the wait could be 2-3 weeks after you order.

http://store.chicagotribune.com/chicago-tribune-11-3-2016-back-issue.html

Thanks for this.

I don't care how long it takes, as long as I get it. It's not for reading, it's for saving.

e: the website is so swamped, I can't get past the checkout page :smith:

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 3, 2016

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SharkTattoos posted:

Dont do it Kev I bought 10!

I didn't because the website wouldn't let me. My mom got a copy for me at her workplace in the suburbs. I posted on Facebook asking anyone if they could get an extra copy for me and my high school prom date of all people got me another one.

Inspector_666 posted:

I need a gif of Zobrist skipping in from the outfield.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TMMadman posted:

Someone needs to make a gif of Rizzo on third base in the 10th with his hands on his head and clearly saying "Oh my God!"

This one? I don't see the "oh my god" part, but it was in the 10th at 3rd base.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

RC Cola posted:

Can someone make this avatar sized for me please? I'll love you forever. Now should I call off work tomorrow to go to the parade? My wife can't go so I'll be alone

Here you go!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

IcePhoenix posted:

It definitely happened at some point.

Found it!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icvoo_Mzwic

I took video of the final out from my seat. I THINK that's me screaming "WE DID IT!!!" at the end over and over, but I don't even remember. The whole experience was a giant blur of emotions. I cried into Poque's shoulder for a good minute after I stopped recording. :cry:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

Apparently CPS is out tomorrow anyway, so this mitigates concerns about schools being vacant because of kids skipping out to see the parade. While a weekend would also handle this, I feel like celebration parades are usually on weekdays for some reason.

The 2013 Blackhawks parade was on a weekday and 2 million people still showed up.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

RC Cola posted:

Someone help me think of a caption please. And thanks for the code!

I, I feel alive

(Zo Cubs Zo is better)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Baseball players are pretty much universally better against a pitcher the 2nd and 3rd times through the order in the same game. Allowing them to see the same pitcher for 8 or 9 plate appearances within a week and they'll usually take advantage.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

What an amazing day. I can't even count the number of childhood dreams I crossed off my bucket list today. I'm pretty sure I died during the rain delay in game 7 and today was just a wonderful hallucination.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

JeterianGiftBasket posted:

That's not pizza though...

There was thin crust too

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

joeburz posted:

What do those look like? On mobile

Like this. They're extremely high quality.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

I'm hoping they get more in stock, because it's a jacket I could easily wear to work without it looking unprofessional.

Poque got one. I might have to get one of my own because he's already expressly forbidden me from ever wearing his. :smith:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cubs are so completely packed with talent, a lot of players are going to just not be good enough to start for them everyday. La Stella had an OPS of .860 and they couldn't even fit him on the 25-man roster. Soler would be starting in OF or DH for the majority of MLB teams, but he's a bench bat for the Cubs. It sucks for Montero, but it's part of being in the hyper-competitive world of Major League Baseball.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Julio Cruz posted:

...when? B-R says .763, and even then it's only over 169 PA so it's hardly predictive.

He finished at .763, but his OPS was .860 when they sent him down to the minors and he threw that big fit by refusing to report.

Pancakes posted:

Remembered he exists, checked his Twitter feed, found out he's a vocal rear end in a top hat Trump supporter.

So he'll fit right in St Louis

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexter Fowler, Anthony Rizzo, and David Ross all played strippers in a sketch on SNL tonight :love::swoon::love:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The same trio plus Bill Murray all sang Go Cubs Go during Weekend Update.

Winning the World Series is pretty great. :allears:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SNL cut the chorus in half, so all the Cubs who'd heard the song a billion times before sang the right version instead of the edited version. Bill Murray had to cut them off with the next verse.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/795121946178490368

I need to get one of these sweaters

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Awesome, thanks for the lookup. Should've figured Pettitte would be up there.

I notice that the moon in your av has shifted phases

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

FYI Under Armour's Twitter shows a few different inquiries into the parade jacket, but the official twitter account said no additional production runs/shipments are currently planned. So congrats to the 100 people who got them. :mad:

The way they phrased it made it seem a bit more optimistic.

https://twitter.com/AskTeamUA/status/795331016416198656

The more people Tweet at them, the more likely they are to do another production run.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Cubs decline Hammel's $10M 2017 option.

Unexpected but I guess they want to free up the cash elsewhere. :getin:

Hammel was pretty cheap but I know they've been vetting Montgomery to be the 5th starter next year.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Here's the official press release:

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/795388249128730626

He should have no problem getting more than $10 million on the free agent market, especially with how weak the pool is this season, so good for him. Frees up some money to go after Jansen or keep Travis Wood.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CubsWoo posted:

The only other thing I can think is that Theo told Jason that if they had no plans for him on the team, they wouldn't saddle him with his old contract just to trade him and let him test the market and this is Theo being classy and keeping to his word.

A front office that doesn't dick their players around makes the Cubs look even more attractive to free agents. :getin:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'll cheer for Dex wherever he ends up, since the Cardinals don't need a CF :unsmith:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

It's actually our primary need, based on what I'm reading. The current plan seems to be shift Grichuk to left, Carpenter to first, Peralta/Gyorko to third, get a natural CF. If Bader can play it great but I don't think Pham is viewed as a long-term option. Lots of Charlie Blackmon rumors among the wishful-thinking Cards fans.

drat it. I assumed Grichuk was in CF to stay. :argh:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

its sad that the san fransicso giants will be the last NL team to respect the good and correct position of bullpens.

I'm gonna miss watching opposing players fall down from tripping over the bullpen mound while trying to catch a pop-up. I'm also gonna miss the Cubs bullpen not flinching as a line drive screams their way. :sigh:

I know the office building is also supposed to be done this offseason. Will the plaza be done too or is that in another year?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/795767060735234049

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/795766342401945600

Dave Roberts should win the NL. To be able to make it as far as they did with all their injuries is insane. Also I'd lol pretty hard if either Maddon or Baker got it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Yeah it's gonna be Scherzer. If Hendricks didn't give up 4 ER in his last start and kept his ERA under 2.00, he'd have it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Luneshot posted:

It almost looks like its badly photoshopped (video edited? whatever)

It's not edited.

I'm pretty sure it hits Travis Wood, but it's possible it bounced off the chair.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dan Haren's Twitter continues to be a goldmine

https://twitter.com/ithrow88/status/795782193414959104

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm at the point now where I'd take 4 years of Trump for a Cubs World Series victory

Whoops. My bad.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This election needs a 17-minute rain delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs parade jackets are back in stock and available for preorder.

• Locked thread