Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
We probably just watched the greatest baseball game in history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I was thinking about this, would anybody let Morris go 10 today? If you were blind to the result, is there actually an argument that it was a mistake?

Tom Kelly's logic when Morris was arguing to be left in for the 10th was "ah what the hell, it's only a game."

I'm not joking, those are actually the words that came out of his mouth.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Been meaning to ask: how long has that Go Cubs Go song been around? I went to a bunch of games there during the 90s and don't remember it at all.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The $5 million international cap is just a cap on signing bonuses, right?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Dodgers have resigned Rich Hill for 3 years 180 innings

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Vernacular posted:

Losing Jansen would be sad. "Pedro Baez, Closer" is a very melancholy prospect. Conversely, not paying a reliever $80 million+ while getting a #13 pick (if he goes to the Marlins) would be cool and good. IDK.

Comparing a 13 pick to one of the best players on the team smdh

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

St. Dogbert posted:

I looked that up a few weeks ago. It's interesting how much the incident is looked back on as "LOL DISCO," and not at all as a gang consisting overwhelmingly of straight white people rioting in response to a style of music that mainly appealed to gay, black, and Latin-American people getting popular.

Tell us your thoughts on 10 cent beer night

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Turner coming back too :party:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The whole "closers are overrated and overpaid" applies to dudes who suck but rack up 30 saves in the AL Central, not guys who are in the top 5 relievers in the game

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
NLCS participant flags fly forever

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
As a fan of both the Twins and Dodgers, the Twins are dumb as gently caress for being so low on JDL and the Dodgers are dumb as gently caress because they have an entire boardroom of Super Smart GMs and they can't figure out how to use their assets to acquire a good player who can actually play more than 1/3 of the time

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Looking at who's going to be gaining ballot eligibility over the next few years, it's time to bump up my retirement contributions. Jfc.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
That...feels like a bigger overpay than what was going on with Dozier

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Forsythe is actually a free agent after this year.

This smells like Friedman valuing his own dude way too highly from finding him during his tenure in Tampa.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I missed the team option since I was browsing on mobile at work.

But still...they're ending up paying (essentially) the same salary, for a lesser player, while still trading the centerpiece of the other deal, in order to hold on to a lesser regarded prospect who's further from contributing to the ML club? What in the world is the logic?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I guess I haven't paid close enough attention since the NLCS, I didn't realize Alvarez and Bellinger had moved past JDL in the prospect rankings.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I want to say that the Dodgers and Padres were both paying for Kemp to play for the Braves last year, but idk if that's actually right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Honestly it just kinda sucks to see dudes get put out by someone playing in a softball rover position. It not only cuts down on offense but in some ways makes defense less interesting. Whether or not it should actually be considered "good" defense, seeing the 2B make a diving stop and throwing a dude out on his knees from the edge of the dirt is just more fun to watch.

Still, I'm not really in favor of banning the shift.

• Locked thread