Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Congrats David Ross, one of my favorite players despite only being on my team for a few years

Everyone else is 12 years old or a giant shithead/lunatic so meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

What the gently caress

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

God the Cavs logo is terrible. It's like something an eighth-grader drew on a textbook cover. "Dude, this C looks like it's tearing rear end around my algebra book!"

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Both of them were sloppy as gently caress, so '91 game 7 still wins

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

I still can't wrap my head around that rain delay. The rain wasn't very strong, and when they resumed the game it was still going! Total momentum killer for Cleveland. Not saying it cost the game but it solved no problems whatsoever so wtf.

Umps just wanted to make sure they didn't embarrass themselves by destroying the field in game 7 of the World Series

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

It definitely happened at some point.

Yeah he had his hands on his head I think

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is Carl's Jr any good? We don't have that poo poo in Boston.

For fast food, yes

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Pancakes posted:

Arguably the largest peaceful non-religious gathering of all time, assuming we can agree that Cubs fandom is not a religion.

It was, but they actually won the World Series, so it's not anymore

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marlins hired former manager Fredi Gonzalez as 3rd base coach

God damnit, now I have to see his stupid fat head like 18 times

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

its sad that the san fransicso giants will be the last NL team to respect the good and correct position of bullpens.

I was going question this, but then I remembered how many relief pitchers I would have liked to see get murdered on the field so never mind

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Thanks Cubama

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Poque posted:

it's gone now and he looks super weird. I thought it was Lackey standing with Theo at first

https://twitter.com/klackey33/status/795341713091031045

Wow, that is... unfortunate

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Poque posted:

Rizzo adds a silver slugger to his gold glove :hellyeah:

even though it totally should have been Freeman

Huh, I knew Freeman was awesome this season but him being possibly the most valuable first baseman in baseball wasn't something that I had allowed myself to consider

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

ScottyJSno posted:

It was Wendell Floranus

He was in the Orioles system. Last year he played indy ball in the Pacific Association.

How is this a person's name

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Gary Sanchez is going to put up a .750 OPS next year and strike out 175 times.

I'll take four

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

VJeff posted:

imo, people should stop making jokes on this, the Something Awful Dot Com Forums.

Also, if we could make literally everything about politics I think everyone's experience would greatly improve

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

I feel extremely good about it

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Poque posted:

Or he could just be the next former Arizona Fall League MVP Tommy Hanson and die.

Too soon

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Dexo posted:

just boys being boys imo.

No gay stuff

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Intruder posted:

I would sell the Astros entire farm for nothing but rentals and watch the team go back into the basement for a decade if it meant a single WS win and also that Donald Trump had lost

I will never understand how anyone could prefer their team winning one incredibly specific configuration of 11-12 games over many years of watching them win 80s to 90s of games, but I actually like baseball so

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

ego symphonic posted:

The goal of a major league baseball team is to win the World Series not to "win" trades

If your goal is to win 3-4 coin tosses in a row, your plan to achieve that goal should be centered around making it to the coin toss round as many times as possible, not gluing an extra milligram to one side of the coin for one season

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

"Don't make a gleeful headlong sprint to throw yourself over a barrel on a trade" is not the same thing as "Don't make trades"

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

I pretty much agree. But it should be noted that you're a Braves fan, and thus obligated to say that sustained regular season success > winning World Series :P

They have done both things in my time as a fan and having been able to be fairly to highly confident on any given day that I could watch my favorite team do a good job of playing the game of baseball for 20 of the last 25 seasons has meant a hell of a lot more to me than that one time they won the All-Star Game But For Teams

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Thread needs fewer "guys who just turned out to be bad" and more Brien Taylor

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

The best part of Fastball was Bob Gibson's seamlessly straight-faced bullshit about not throwing at dudes intercut with a bunch of hitters talking about what a mean son of a bitch he was

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

So does makeup issues just mean you're an rear end in a top hat or what?

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Huh, I thought Micah Owings retired like 5 years ago

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Yeah, that's dumb as poo poo

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

It seems to me like middling designated hitter is by far the most overvalued position in baseball. Is this perception accurate? you should know that I am informs on this by both Billy Butler and Kendrys morales

edit - I forgot jose guillen

They're better than middling hitter who can't field but fields anyway and actually loses value there

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I am starting to have some serious Ship of Theseus struggles with this team though, for real. How do all you old-timers deal with this?

Probably not super helpful, but you get used to it. There was a time not long after Chipper retired that I realized somebody like Kris Medlen or something was the longest-tenured Brave that was the low point for me and it's gotten a lot easier since then.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Pancakes posted:

All my White Sox fan friends keep insisting it was in fact a large knife, which honestly is worse I think. A, he had a large knife just hanging around. B, logistically it seems like using a knife would be more difficult. C, he's hacking away at human-shaped things with a loving knife.

On the other hand, if he sang Space Ghost's "I'm a Knife" song while doing it I will love him forever.

You seem to have some weird ideas about knives

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Wait. So why do people here hate Eaton so much?

Basic white guy, has played for the Diamondbacks

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Chapman's contract has a clause where he can't be traded to a California team. I always thought players liked Cali, especially San Diego for the weather. Why would this be?

Well, unfortunately California is loving lousy with people from California

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

St. Dogbert posted:

I looked that up a few weeks ago. It's interesting how much the incident is looked back on as "LOL DISCO," and not at all as a gang consisting overwhelmingly of straight white people rioting in response to a style of music that mainly appealed to gay, black, and Latin-American people getting popular.

I don't know what's real anymore

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I guess I'm kinda young compared to most people on these forums but I was always under the impression that white people loved disco

Yes, of course they did

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

What's important to remember is that this kind of analysis is only relevant or valuable if the subject is something that is not utterly, irredeemably dogshit

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Both those things have been really famous, what are the discussions about?

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Those guys are all just like "hell yes I'm a princess" anyway, if you're going to haze somebody it has to be something they actually give a poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Hey, remember Kevin Youkilis?

• Locked thread