Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They know what you did, Orvtler.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

poo poo, stop selling me on the movies or Orv will make me watch them if I show even the slightest interest.

If he hasn't already earned the name, we know what will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Grumpy old white guy is just my fursona.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I feel like whoever was handing out the avatars possibly mixed them up.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

Thing is,that statement can be applied to any of the Bay films.

Pearl Harbour?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Stephen9001 posted:

Pearl Harbour?

I meant the Bay TF films. But yeah,all of his movies are an incoherent,badly edited mess. Only movie of his with any redeeming factors is maaaaaaaaybe Pain&Gain.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

VolticSurge posted:

I meant the Bay TF films. But yeah,all of his movies are an incoherent,badly edited mess. Only movie of his with any redeeming factors is maaaaaaaaybe Pain&Gain.

Armageddon isn't bad.

But what's stuck out to me after binging the Transformers movies is the weird, incredibly misogynistic undertones of every single one of them. Age of Extinction is maybe the worst of the lot.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I am sad that the final boss fight ended so quickly, because Optimus and Megatron have some really good verbal exchanges during that fight and we only got to see half of it.

"Why must you always interfere?"
"You would place Cybertron at the center of the universe!"
"Cybertron is the center of my universe. How is it not at the heart of yours?"
"Cybertron is about all life. Destruction to keep Cybertron on life support--there must be another way."
"Flesh isn't life. Servos, gyros and fuel--this is where life comes from! You're defending--bi-product--at best! I will restore Cybertron and retake the galaxy!"
"That ambition will be your end."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

completed my Commander run. Unfortunately it's hard to get an S or SS on Chapter 1 on a New Game because you are in fact, very weak, and Devastator-1 is in fact, very strong. Lacking most of your tools (or powerful weapons) makes it difficult to get time or rack up points.

The final Megatron fight took a few tries because, at the end of my first run against him, he had the unfortunate habit of tapping me as I was finishing him off. Eventually I just decided to be done with it, and here's an interesting fact. The hammer weapon can be charged up and the charge-Heavy attack is an overhead swing. If you charge just a little bit, not only will Optimus/Grimlock pound a motherfucker into the dirt, they will also be knocked flat so you can pick them up. Fun fact number 2. You can extend this. This meant that the final megatron fight devolved into Megatron shooting the ground once and them Prime repeatedly smashing his face into the earth and then just wailing on him like a red headed stepchild. He couldn't do any attacks, he couldn't even get to his feet. It was just Megatron lying there getting pummled.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Onmi posted:

It was just Megatron lying there getting pummled.
For Oreobot!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

VolticSurge posted:

Bad Boys 2 is his finest work. :colbert:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
:siren: Episode 11Youtube | Polsy :siren:

I think at this point it's going to be five hours of podcasts of varying length set against Transformers beating each other up. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE BOOKS IVE READ RECENTLY (it's a lot)

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

:goonsay:For the toku/sentai stuff: Super Sentai as a franchise started in 1975 with Gorenger, though the term "Super Sentai" wasn't used until 1979's Battle Fever J. The first giant robot was Battle Fever J's Battle Fever Robo, with the first combining one being Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan's Sun Vulcan Robo in 1981. Zyuranger, the series that would be adapted into Power Rangers, was in 1992. Since then, each Power Rangers series has been done using the more or less concurrent Super Sentai series' footage, so Carranger was 1996, the same year as Independence Day. However, Carranger started in March, and Independence Day started in June, so gently caress you ID, Carranger was here first. Additional trivia, Carranger was adapted into Power Rangers Turbo. Carranger itself was meant to be more or less a parody of the Sentai genre as a whole.

Menasor debuted in 1986, his toys being repurposed from a cancelled Diaclone line that would have supported free combination between combiner limbs, something the G1 combiners of that time period are still capable of. Except for Devastator, who was from a different offshoot and is thus unique to himself combiner port-wise.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wasn't the first superhero with a giant robot Japanese Spiderman?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Kurui Reiten posted:

:goonsay:For the toku/sentai stuff: Super Sentai as a franchise started in 1975 with Gorenger, though the term "Super Sentai" wasn't used until 1979's Battle Fever J. The first giant robot was Battle Fever J's Battle Fever Robo, with the first combining one being Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan's Sun Vulcan Robo in 1981. Zyuranger, the series that would be adapted into Power Rangers, was in 1992. Since then, each Power Rangers series has been done using the more or less concurrent Super Sentai series' footage, so Carranger was 1996, the same year as Independence Day. However, Carranger started in March, and Independence Day started in June, so gently caress you ID, Carranger was here first. Additional trivia, Carranger was adapted into Power Rangers Turbo. Carranger itself was meant to be more or less a parody of the Sentai genre as a whole.

Menasor debuted in 1986, his toys being repurposed from a cancelled Diaclone line that would have supported free combination between combiner limbs, something the G1 combiners of that time period are still capable of. Except for Devastator, who was from a different offshoot and is thus unique to himself combiner port-wise.

Thank you for cool Sentai facts.

Also Turboranger is my favourite Sentai series intro.

HGH posted:

Wasn't the first superhero with a giant robot Japanese Spiderman?

I believe so. Leopardon! The perfect ride for the emissary of hell.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Kurui Reiten posted:

:goonsay:For the toku/sentai stuff:

More importantly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The only thing I can really say with regards to sentai is that Chroma Squad is a fun game with a :krad: soundtrack. :v:

Some of those challenges looked like right bastards though. The Soundwave/Shockwave fight, drat.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Yapping Eevee posted:

The only thing I can really say with regards to sentai is that Chroma Squad is a fun game with a :krad: soundtrack. :v:

Some of those challenges looked like right bastards though. The Soundwave/Shockwave fight, drat.

Chroma Squad is a fantastic game and I really need to finish all the endings cause it deserves it.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
For what you said about canon poo poo, I agree with. gently caress trying to figure out what goes where, just have fun with it.

Which also reminds me of the six feats microscope game where they figure out what goes where. And had fun with it by interjecting really silly stuff to connect their game stories together.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 20, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Chroma Squad is a fantastic game and I really need to finish all the endings cause it deserves it.

Chroma Squad LP when?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

Chroma Squad LP when?

That all depends on whether or not I do a Super Robot Wars V Let's Play.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That all depends on whether or not I do a Super Robot Wars V Let's Play.

That would be a glorious sight to behold.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

:siren: Episode 12Youtube | Polsy :siren:

Adventures in waffling on about random junk while robots punch up each other continues!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Anyone mind linking that Tumblr RoboKy mentioned? His description makes it sound amazing.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I already knew what tumblr you were talking about even before I watched the video. The comic summaries that the artist does is indeed awesome, poking fun at the ridicilousness of the old G1 cartoon.

Here it is.

The link for S.O.S Dinobots doesn't work for some reason but it's located here.

Pretty much my favorite page of the bunch.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Motormaster is absolutely listening to Lynerd Skynerd in truck form

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

:siren: Episode 13Youtube | Polsy :siren:

I'll be honest I don't even remember what we talked about in this video or what's even in it. It might not even be the correct audio!

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

"Caveat spectator," according to Dr. Google.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

:siren: Episode 14Youtube | Polsy :siren:

In this episode I ask the most important question of all.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I would adore seeing you LP SRW V when it comes out. Please proceed.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Speaking of SRW MX, Brunom1 just finished his LP of the game in the last day. It may be worth reading through, if you haven't already.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Because I'm sure it's relevent to someone following this thread, the game is on sale currently. 80% off on Steam until the 21st.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

:siren: Episode 15Youtube | Polsy :siren:

Thanks everyone for watching this Let's Play and I hope you've all enjoyed watching it as much as I've enjoyed making it! It's been a joy from start to finish, largely because it's hard not to enjoy big robot mans punching each other while chewing the scenery. But I digress. We're not 100% sure what we're doing next but we hope to see you all with the next project when we get it rolling.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hopefully something with robots and explosions.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Thanks for the LP! Still one of my absolute favorite games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

:siren: Episode 15Youtube | Polsy :siren:

Thanks everyone for watching this Let's Play and I hope you've all enjoyed watching it as much as I've enjoyed making it! It's been a joy from start to finish, largely because it's hard not to enjoy big robot mans punching each other while chewing the scenery. But I digress. We're not 100% sure what we're doing next but we hope to see you all with the next project when we get it rolling.

WELL I DUNNO ABOUT YOU BUT I'M RECORDIN' SOMETHIN' THIS WEEKEND :iia:

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

WELL I DUNNO ABOUT YOU BUT I'M RECORDIN' SOMETHIN' THIS WEEKEND :iia:

Given the smiley and the allcaps I'm guessing it is not Rise of the Dark Spark. :allears:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

Given the smiley and the allcaps I'm guessing it is not Rise of the Dark Spark. :allears:

That game hit with such a damp squelch I forget it exists. That's probably for the best.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That game hit with such a damp squelch I forget it exists. That's probably for the best.

The lack of High Moon Studios' effort in creating the previous two games was really evident in RotDS. It's definitely for the best to pretend that it never existed.

Edit: Also another excellent LP! Looking forward to seeing what (grenades) you guys have cooking for next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

If the Bayformers stuff was cut out, it'd be a decently made but overall lackluster midquel to War and Fall of Cybertron.

Like, it feels like Hasbro wanted both a Transformers Extinction game and a follow-up to the Aligned games, but then they canned Extinction's game and told the new studio "Shove in stuff from Extinction to make up for the canned game.". And then it got marketed to look like the Bayformers continuity and the Aligned continuity would be crossing over and either fighting each other or working together to stop the Dark Spark. Instead, it's two wholly unrelated storylines mashed together all to set up the punchline of "by the way, there are indeed multiple Transformers universes (even though you the player probably knew that already), and...maybe all versions of Optimus have shared memories or something?".

I do wish it had War's 3-player campaign though, if only because one of the Decepticon chapters is Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave all having to work together to find the titular Dark Spark. It goes as well as you'd think Megatron putting those three together on a mission would go.

• Locked thread