Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Gorgeous graphics. Lush sounds. A compelling story. MMOs get judged on a lot of factors. There's one that I don't think gets covered as much as it should be in reviews, though: what you're doing 90 percent of the time. Usually, that's combat, but in some games, like Elite: Dangerous, it can be traveling somewhere. Puzzle Pirates has puzzle minigames. A Tale in the Desert has... whatever it has. My point is, though, that if whatever you're doing 90 percent of the time is boring, the other factors don't matter much.

Which leads me to my question. What's the 90% activity in your MMO of choice, and why is it fun? And to filter the results a bit, I'm not looking for outside-the-game context here. 'I love this game because I can drink pubbie tears' isn't what I'm looking for. 'I love this game because I can make pubbies cry with my mastery of the intensely tactical combat' is. Similarly, it's all well and good if you enjoy shooting the breeze with fellow goons, but if you're not doing fun things together in-game, it doesn't count. I'm not looking for games that make you make your own fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'd argue that counts as 'outside-the-game context', unless you're talking about a Korean MMO I'm unaware of. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I guess I wasn't specific enough about my question. I'm looking not just for 'I like to do combat/crafting/costuming' but 'I like to do combat/crafting/costuming in this game because'. Basically, pitch me an MMO on the basis of 'you're going to/can spend most of your time doing this, and this is a lot of fun in this game because these reasons'.

• Locked thread