Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think if Nintendo has their own thread Sega should to, even if Sega does what Nintendont !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i really like kid chameleon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was a big time Nintendo kid so I missed out completely on the Genesis/Dreamcast but I've since revisited the consoles to try and explore the library. I've been thinking of buying a dreamcast for close to a year now and probably finally will around Christmas so I can play Shenmue, D2 and other games, and I've also been thinking about getting a Saturn because it's got one of the most unique console libraries of the post-NES era.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6hIABR-nU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5cwEq36KM

im probably half of this views on this

Soral
May 30, 2009

Mr. Balls.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
vectorman phantasy star toejam and earl chu chu rocket hot drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember thinking vectorman was loving awesome when I was a kid and I played it again a few months ago and it kinda sucks. The camera is way too zoomed in for how fast you move as how high you can jump

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

vectorman owned and i didnt know anyone else who played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdumtFD8KrE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like 70% of the time i hit the jump button I jumped into a damaging obstacle that was offscreen, which is 70% too frequent

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is this a safe space to hold a serious discussion about Blast Processing, op?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember the final stages in vectorman 1 being completely awful lol. the last 2 i mean, the final boss stage looked cool as gently caress but it was a pain to actually play

Benny D posted:

Is this a safe space to hold a serious discussion about Blast Processing, op?

according to the nerd it was a made up buzzword cause while the other specs were handily beaten by the SNES the processor on the genesis was still quite a bit faster and they blasted that out of proportion

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

videogame ads in the 90s were nuts, people were really after eachother's throats and now it's all white people sitting down having so much fun with the new console

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dongslayer. posted:

vectorman phantasy star toejam and earl chu chu rocket hot drat

vectorman and toejam and earl are trash

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the coolest part of vectorman is its cheat codes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In retrospect the Alex Kidd were way better SEGA versions of Mario games than sonic ever was

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
My friend had Sega Channel and it was the most mindblowing thing I'd ever seen

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

My friend had Sega Channel and it was the most mindblowing thing I'd ever seen

I had it and it was like the internet before that was a thing. Truly awesome service

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's interesting that even though we have all the infrastructure and then some, nobody has brought back the idea of the Sega Channel or Satellaview

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's interesting that even though we have all the infrastructure and then some, nobody has brought back the idea of the Sega Channel or Satellaview

wouldnt the modern version jsut be like ps+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

wouldnt the modern version jsut be like ps+

Kind of but the channel and satellaview had a live component where you had to tune in for 2 hours to see what was happening. I guess that doesn't mesh with the modern sentiment of always on-demand entertainment

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Kind of but the channel and satellaview had a live component where you had to tune in for 2 hours to see what was happening. I guess that doesn't mesh with the modern sentiment of always on-demand entertainment

bring back 1 vs 100

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On the other hand stuff like Splatfests or Double XP weekends in COD substantially increase player counts so I don't think people are fundamentally opposed to the idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

bring back 1 vs 100

x10000 yes!! Probably the only 360 game I ever cared about. I went over to my friends to play because he had an Xbox and we would hang out to see what was happening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

UFC did cool poo poo where if you played a bunch online they had a ranking system each season and if you were top dog you got have to a 1 on 1 match with the other #1 player and Joe rogan did live commentary in the game somehow. That's a really cool idea for sports game and madden et al should definitely adopt it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Screaming] SEGA!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

:segata:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That never got translated did it??

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Not as far as I can tell.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

(in the sega chant voice) MAGA!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v8scyXKAq4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dreamcast is a marvelous system

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

i played some outrun on the 3ds earlier today, thank you M2

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bobnumerotres posted:

according to the nerd it was a made up buzzword cause while the other specs were handily beaten by the SNES the processor on the genesis was still quite a bit faster and they blasted that out of proportion

there is a grain of truth to blast processing, the term comes from a programming technique that lets you draw high-colour images by "blasting" graphics into memory at precise times between scanlines, but the marketing people didn't understand anything the tech people told them except the word "blast" so they just made up some bullshit and ran with it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

In retrospect the Alex Kidd were way better SEGA versions of Mario games than sonic ever was

nah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Dreamcast is a marvelous system

It's a shame it needed to be a sales miracle to save SEGA after thr loving Saturn and 32x

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've been completely loving obsessed with the sonic cd soundtrack for the past month. i don't know why. it has a powerful hold on me

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't have one but my neighbor did and I thought Sonic was Epic! For The Win! Then I seen a speedrun of Crusader of Centy and that's my favorite sega game, though I've never played it. DemoniusX has a video where he picks up a Sega Dreamcast disk of Virtua Tennis and says that Serena Williams looks like the poo poo he took and left in the toilet this morning, and on the jewel case you can see his reflection and he's completely naked whilst doing the Sega Dreamcast collection video.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

mysterious loyall X posted:

vectorman and toejam and earl are trash

vectorman was bad, but is sega as heck. broke kid me was real bummed after beating it during my first session on thanksgiving day

toejam and earl is a good game especially when paired with a bored cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

• Locked thread