Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

In Training posted:

I was a big time Nintendo kid so I missed out completely on the Genesis/Dreamcast but I've since revisited the consoles to try and explore the library. I've been thinking of buying a dreamcast for close to a year now and probably finally will around Christmas so I can play Shenmue, D2 and other games, and I've also been thinking about getting a Saturn because it's got one of the most unique console libraries of the post-NES era.

I'm thinking of buying a SNES

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

things no console has gotten right sixteen years later:

decorating my virtual apartment

making piloting a mobile suit feel good

wangan kill bill

apple's whisper voice warning me about eyeball moonbase

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sega publishes some good games nowadays such as Football Manager, an Ice Hockey management game and soon a Motorsport Management game. Bright future ahead imho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

julian assflange posted:

Sega publishes some good games nowadays such as Football Manager, an Ice Hockey management game and soon a Motorsport Management game. Bright future ahead imho

This but without the dipshit sarcasm

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Sega is absolute dogshit and has been on the decline for AGES (it takes AGES to be this fail) and are doomed to bankruptcy as indicated by the failures that are the yakuza series, bayonetta, total war, the big budget horror revival with alien isolation and lets not forget how much sonic all stars transformed, generations and colors bombed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wait dont they also publish those miku games that rake in tons of cash

its still kind of mindboggling how well sega has been doing lately considering they WERE on the edge of bankruptcy and had to be bought by SAMMY, whatever those guys are/were.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Sega is absolute dogshit and has been on the decline for AGES (it takes AGES to be this fail) and are doomed to bankruptcy as indicated by the failures that are the yakuza series, bayonetta, total war, the big budget horror revival with alien isolation and lets not forget how much sonic all stars transformed, generations and colors bombed.

Don't forget total flops Valkyria Chronicles and PSO2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

its still kind of mindboggling how well sega has been doing lately considering they WERE on the edge of bankruptcy and had to be bought by SAMMY, whatever those guys are/were.

The merge was back in 2004 just after they left the console business, they had a lot of time to pick up steam

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJ-jtUg4rE

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sonic all stars transformed is the best kart racer

Bayonetta 2 best action game

VAlkyria Chronicles best whatever that thing was

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

yakuza 5 looks fun tbh wish i had my ps3 to play it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the sega logo appearing on screening to the iconic ding sound of mario collecting a coin

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

in an alternate reality sega kept making cool games like sor, shinobi, fantasy zone, crazy taxi, and all that crap instead of sonic sequels

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Sonic all stars transformed is the best kart racer

Bayonetta 2 best action game

VAlkyria Chronicles best whatever that thing was

bayonetta 1 and 2 were developed by platinum sega just owns the rights to the character or whatever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a new crazy taxi would own

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

Yeah x 3

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

bayonetta 1 and 2 were developed by platinum sega just owns the rights to the character or whatever

Ya I know, I actually bought vanquish cuz platinum

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's not the same if you aren't sitting in a big arcade cab ;-;

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
they made a new Crazy Taxi for phones, it's full of emo music and Hulk Hogan's in it for some reason

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

they made a new Crazy Taxi for phones, it's full of emo music and Hulk Hogan's in it for some reason

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made this thread because I was playing crazy taxi at the bar nearby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only arcade cab I've ever wanted to own was the monkey ball big yellow banana one

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

The only arcade cab I've ever wanted to own was the monkey ball big yellow banana one
The Cruisin USA cab with the PT Cruiser.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yakuza 5 looks fun tbh wish i had my ps3 to play it

i cant wait to get a ps4 and play yakuza 0

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber posted:

The Cruisin USA cab with the PT Cruiser.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A lot of car based cabinets are badass but I feel like they would be more hassle than it's worth to own and keep somewhere. Like I'd need a garage

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only want the Elvira pinball tables.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

shes wonderful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pinball would be epic to have but I would be afraid of the table breaking

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i was at this guys house a couple weeks ago and every room in his house has at least 2-3 pinball machines, and in his backyard he has two sheds filled with at least 6 each, and its the coolest place ive ever been to. im going to get a cheap beat-up pinball table and just use it to learn how to fix/refurbish tables because honestly i dont think its that difficult to do yourself esp. with the wealth of information on the internet now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I posted about it before but there's an Epic Games Goon whom made a sick digital pinball table. I don't remember the links though.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

pinball tables must take a lot of maintenance

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I posted about it before but there's an Epic Games Goon whom made a sick digital pinball table. I don't remember the links though.

yeah ive seen a few people do that its a neat idea but nothing beats a real table.

link:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to have a big aracade and mcdonalds in my house like richie rich

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I made this thread because I was playing crazy taxi at the bar nearby

its the game i play the most on my dreamcast. when i moved house i plugged it in and the disk was still in the system

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

i wish i had a scared stiff or medieval madness pin :sigh:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

medieval madness would be a baddass table but its probably a nightmare to maintain lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i wish i had a scared stiff or medieval madness pin :sigh:

i always wanted a MM but now i want a Judge Dredd more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

medieval madness would be a baddass table but its probably a nightmare to maintain lol

the real nightmare is the trolls cucking me out of getting the full 5 maddness multiballs at once edit: mods please add the I AM A loving MORON etc. filters back

• Locked thread