Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secht
Oct 5, 2012

jokes posted:

Same, I was full apple forever excepting my gaming PC. When I switched from iOS to Android it was rough for like a week (honestly, just the move from iMessage to other services was the hard part). Then I switched from a Macbook and iPad to a Surface Pro 4 and love it. Just 3 devices nowadays, a Home PC, a work PC, and a phone, and they can all talk to each other just as much as the Apple side, with the exception of iMessage. I get a lot more capabilities, I spend less on poo poo, and if things get hosed up I can fix it myself.

Yeah this was me, except I kept the iPhone. The transition at first felt like meeting an old friend and discovering his sister was pretty hot (Windows 10 / Surface 4). I am enjoying having flexibility in what tools I work with and how they work. A few frustrations along the way, but I really don't miss Mac's much at all. poo poo is absolutely cheaper and quality in PC hardware has come a long way. Competition does that, and my thanks to Apple for kicking the rear end of Microsoft / PC manufactures to get us here.

This thread is like finding out I wasn't alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread