Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Cakebaker posted:

But it strikes me as against the laws of physics that iMessage could be close to non-existent _anywhere_, since if your boss, grampa or whoever else sends you a regular text and you both happen to have iPhones they'll be using iMessage whether they know it or not.

Sending a text is literally called "sending a app" here now. They would be using whatsapp.
I don't think anyone has sent a regular text message in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

Where is "here"?

Netherlands. Not sure how it is for the rest of Europe.
Most neighbourhood watches are now called "whatsapp neighbourhood watch".

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

I really want a phone that has a touchscreen, a camera but no ios or android.

I am starting to dislike Google a whole lot and Apple can get stuffed after their "courage" bullshit.

Windows phone exists (for now). Yes i know it is easy to forget. Also questionable if it is really all that different to have microsoft harvest your personal data over google.
You could also find a phone that runs AOSP without google services. But android without google services isn't very useful.
Firefox OS is dead and Sailfish seems to exist only theoretically.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

Can you even use Windows 10 without setting up a Microsoft account or whatever?

Yes you can click "skip this step". It won't stop Microsoft from assigning you a unique advertising ID though

• Locked thread