Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Maybe Lithgow will get his own Churchill spinoff now. Although Gary Oldman is doing a Churchill soon that looks drat good so maybe they can have a Churchill-off for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Personally I think Lithgow's Churchill is the weakest part of the show. He's way too drat tall for it and it shows on camera. He can't really do Churchill Voice either.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I mean this completely unironically: Lithgow's Churchill is great if you forget everything you've seen of historical Churchill. He's a compelling character and I like that they left his personal issues in but the physical portrayal itself was lacking.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Just finished this and am slightly appalled at just how much I enjoyed it, and that it managed to make me feel sympathetic to Prince loving Phillip of all people. Or any of the main three, really. The bit where Elizabeth brings up the number of divorced men in the cabinet was gold, kind of hoped she'd just power on with it and tell them to shut the gently caress up but then the archbishops stuck their oars in too.

Also holy poo poo, I never even realised it was Stannis till the credits were rolling. And I enjoyed Lithgow's take on the old bastard, even if physically he's nothing like him.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Someone off-forum remarked that he was a poor Churchill, but a very convincing Prime Minister John Lithgow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I really like Lithgow but I'm still surprised that of all the people to cast for one of the most famous modern Brit in the 20th century, they went with an American.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Sentinel Red posted:

Also holy poo poo, I never even realised it was Stannis till the credits were rolling. And I enjoyed Lithgow's take on the old bastard, even if physically he's nothing like him.

Holy poo poo, Stannis is Thomas Jefferson!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Gravitee posted:

Maybe Lithgow will get his own Churchill spinoff now. Although Gary Oldman is doing a Churchill soon that looks drat good so maybe they can have a Churchill-off for it.

The life of Winston Churchill deserves its own multi-season show if any Netflix execs are reading this.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Octy posted:

The life of Winston Churchill deserves its own multi-season show if any Netflix execs are reading this.

Yeah, Churchill was a complete monster in many respects (pushing for laws for mandatory sterilisation of the 'feeble-minded' for example) but a warts n' all dramatisation of his life would be p cool.

http://www.lookandlearn.com/blog/21834/winston-churchills-lucky-escape-from-the-boers/

quote:

It was then that he found that he had an unwanted companion on his journey – a large vulture, who seemed to be taking a keen and unhealthy interest in his physical condition.

Wanna see young Churchill fight that vulture on screen.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 25, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

quote:

‘The Crown’ Adds Michael C Hall & Jodi Balfour As Jack & Jackie Kennedy
http://deadline.com/2017/02/the-crown-cast-michael-c-hall-jodi-balfour-kennedy-matthew-goode-netflix-1201906364/
Well then. I can kind of see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know I never would have thought of Michael C Hall for JFK but it makes a weird kind of sense.

• Locked thread