Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are stranger things than Trad Games Secret Santa, but not very many! It's time again for our weird little subforum's annual gift-exchange tradition.

Oh boy! She is super happy about Christmas!

SPECIAL NOTE: LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS ARE OVER! Sorry. If you're just getting to this thread, feel free to read along, but it's too late to participate this year.

What's Trad Games Secret Santa?
It's an anonymized gift exchange for the goons who hang out in the Trad Games subforum. Goons sign up to trade presents with other goons. I handle the anonymization of assignments, sending your personal information to a total stranger, who will then mail you a gift. Similarly, I'll send someone else's info to you, and you have to send them a gift. We waste a ton of money on postage, but gently caress it, this is fun!

How do I do it?
Read all the STEP BY STEP RULES in this post (scroll down) and follow them carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's a bunch of rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. Each of the rules has a reason behind it so don't skip them.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

Signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

How much does it cost?
US$30 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. You don't deduct shipping from the gift dollar guideline amount because it's not your Santee's fault he lives in Tuvalu and he shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away. You can save money on shipping in several ways: keep reading.

What if I live in an Exotic Foreign Land like Laos, the Mothering Sunday Islands, or France?
I try to match goons to other goons that are in nearby countries. There are always a few gaps, though, so if you are willing to cover the extra cost of international shipping, then you can say so and I will randomly choose from among the volunteers where needed. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can often order directly from an online retailer in their country instead of paying international shipping.
I can't afford $30 plus shipping!
If $30 plus shipping is genuinely a hardship for you, you might be too poor to be buying presents for strangers on the internet. You can make something, but your made thing has to have a value to your Santee of at least $30. Plus you still absolutely have to ship it on time.

International shipping is too expensive!
Based on past years, if you live in the continental US, Canada, the UK, or Australia, and you don't volunteer to ship internationally, you'll probably not have to send anything overseas. Eurogoons usually get matched to other Eurogoons. Anyone in another country will almost definitely have to buy internationally, although again, you can just buy online in the target country.

I'm scared!

So far the track record for this thing has been pretty good, and as far as I know, we've had zero incidents of stalking. The great majority of goons were happy they took part, and most have been coming back in subsequent years. I did a survey last year so now I have statistical proof that most goons think this is a good time.

This Year's Deadlines – NOTE DEADLINES HAVE CHANGED
Some time on Saturday, November 19th, (which is the weekend before Thanksgiving in the US) I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is approximately, Monday, December 19th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 13th. It will be up to you to decide if you want to get your gift sent on time using a cheap shipping option, or wait and then get your gift sent on time using an expensive shipping option. This year I have moved the final date up because too many goons have missed it every year. You're still getting four weeks of time, which is plenty.
SPECIAL NOTE: LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS ARE OVER.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. Something Awful provides a fancy bookmarking feature just for you! You should use it. Click on your Control Panel link to see your bookmarked threads. Maybe also set up an alarm clock in your calendar app or something? I will send out email-based reminders during the first week of December to people who are worrying me with their absence but you should not rely on that. If you are the kind of person who gets excited about things and then blows them off and forgets about them the next day, then this gig is not for you. Don't sign up.
You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment. I have timed it so you will get your assignment just in time to take advantage of the “cyber monday” online sales. Online retailers like Amazon offer all kinds of great discounts during that week, so you can take advantage and get your gift mailed automatically directly to your Santee and have nothing to stress or worry about all December.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. You will get a present no matter what. And Grinches get Stitches. There are consequences.

It's already after the deadline! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! After the first deadline, we run LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!. Beginning November 19th, and continuing until December 10th, we will have a series of extra bonus rounds. It works like this: you use exactly the same process to sign up. I collect names until either I have at least 8, or, a whole week has passed AND I have at least 3, whichever comes first. So each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins. Since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up, though, so keep that in mind. You can participate in as many rounds as you want.
SPECIAL NOTE: LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS ARE OVER! I guess your luck ran out after all. But, you could come back next year (earlier!)

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements.

The Shitlist of Shame
These goons hosed up enough to get called out:

The General. It's been seven years now but he managed to Grinch goons two years in a row. His only excuse was that basically he was too lazy to go buy a thing and mail it. He is not allowed to participate in TGSS.
Arrgytehpirate. In 2011, this guy never managed to follow instructions, insisting on using PMs instead of emails. I let that slide but then he too forever to respond. Finally he sent me a photo of a package he was supposedly sending out but it never arrived. Weeks later he supposedly got it returned in the mail but his santee, who had also participated in a lightning round, had received a gift from his other santa so the address was definitely fine. Arrgytehpirate was the epitome of disinterested and disconnected half-assedness. For doing a little less than the bare minimum he was disallowed from participating in 2012. In subsequent years, he's invited to participate, but in a probationary way where I will cut his poo poo off if I'm not impressed by his reformation into a responsive person who can follow instructions.

NutritiousSnack. NutritiousSnack doubled down on TGSS in 2013. His main round Santee finally got his gift on January 13th, and his Bonus Round santee finally got his gift on February 2nd. One major shipping snafu might be an honest mistake; two is a pattern. NutritiousSnack was also difficult to get ahold of, with days or weeks going by between responses. Being multiple months late with your gifts is bad, and being slack about communicating when your stuff has gone missing is worse. NutritiousSnack was on probation in 2014, but now he can participate if he wants. Demonstrating reform could get him off this list!
MySwan in 2015 sent his santee a pair of socks, and something on DTRPG. He didn't follow up for ages, and when he did, he let things slide a lot. He was hard to contact, and in the end I don't think the DTRPG thing was ever worked out. He's on probation this year.
EatinCake in 2015 claimed to have made a handmade gift, claimed to have forgotten to send it before going on vacation, claimed he would send things on the 4th, and nothing ever arrived. He was very unresponsive via email, and eventually his Santee had to be degrinched.

Flaggy and NovaLion were both brought back into the fold. They both screwed up, but have proven themselves subsequently through acts of charity and contrition. See? Redemption is possible!

I only want specific kinds of stuff
That's fine. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like Christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some $30 Thing that wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's not such a big deal.

I might get something I already have!
That's true. There's only one way to avoid this for sure, and that's by posting what you've already got. You can use boardgamegeek for that, or just make a list, or be more specific about what you do want. There's still a chance you get a duplicate of something you have, though. I can't think of a way to avoid it completely, so you need to be ready for this specific thing to possibly happen. I'm sorry.

What if I never post in Trad Games?
You're welcome too. If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible to participate. Welcome to the club! Probably you'll get something TG related, though. Or a dong.

If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy. Send me an email before signing up.

:frogsiren:STEP BY STEP RULES:frogsiren:
These are step-by-step instructions. Just do all of them, in order.

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:
Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the hardback Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “Do not give money to Games Workshop” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. But more likely, you might something you already own, especially if you chat about it in TG.
Your General Location. You'll be telling me your address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia”, however specific or general you feel like being.
Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
“Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line so I can be sure you're not a computer program trying to sell penis pills.
Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. This is important because someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “CockDragon1986” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
Your Something Awful login name. It should be obvious why I need this.
Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are in addition to the $30 gift guideline.
Anything else of importance. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (usually within a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then PM me, send another e-mail, or post in the thread and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Official Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important.

4. Wait until Saturday, November 19th and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret method. It's also the beginning of a holiday week for most goons in the US, and also various holiday promotions have usually gotten going by then so maybe you can get an online discount. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Don't try to go visit your Santee, that's creepy. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on his or her greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$30. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend slightly less than that if you have the perfect thing which costs $28.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards. The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to at least try to determine whether your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.

Also, we may have Santees under the legal age for drinking, or who don't drink, so you must check with me before sending alcoholic beverages to your Santee. Some people have food allergies, too. Don't send food without checking.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and eBook versions of gaming products are very hit-or-miss, and so are POD services. Some of us love them, some of us hate them. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing. We need to confirm your e-delivery was e-delivered promptly because your Santee probably isn't expecting it. Last year, DTRPG hosed up someone's order, and that's happened before, so seriously: DTRPG and other e-delivered gifts require special attention and handling.

If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the veneer of anonymity, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. Volumes rise every day as you get closer to the 25th. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Retailers may also run out of stock. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that may mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! I mean it. EVERY YEAR WITHOUT FAIL I have a handful of goons who wait till the last goddamn second and then complain about the cost, or – worse – simply decide they can't afford expedited shipping and their Santee doesn't get their gift until after Christmas. That is not OK. If you can't afford like $40 or maybe a lot more for shipping, don't wait!

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped. Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100 tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please get one. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN Tuesday, DECEMBER 13th, 2016. Your gift has to be delivered by Monday, December 19th. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 13th. If you have some genuine excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks. And you can avoid this altogether by just shipping a gift within a few days of getting your Santee assignment.

If your only excuse is “I am lazy and didn't get around to it” then you are an rear end in a top hat who should never have signed up. Being deployed is also not an acceptable excuse.

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred present-opening moment and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can register that they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Photos are the best but even if you don't have a camera (and seriously who doesn't have a camera these days?) at least describe what you got. You should also say thank you and describe your joy. Half the fun of giving a gift is experiencing your Santee's pleasure. THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE, NOT JUST A SUGGESTION. Something like a quarter of participants never bother and that sucks.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $30 thing that you don't especially love: unless you specifically said “I hate anime” you can't really complain that you got some animes. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are always last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on. Plus people sometimes get stuff a little late, like when they go back home from their holiday travel or whatever, and it sucks when they have nobody to share their fun with when they open their gift.

TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder of TG Secret Santa next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC: so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yourself from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not affiliated or associated with Something Awful LLC, Rich “Lowtax” Kyanka, or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, peasants, or holdings. This event is in no way endorsed or supported by any of the above. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither Something Awful, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any supportive or punitive action taken by Something Awful or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that Something Awful is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past.

I promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. However, participation requires that I send your personal information to another goon, and I cannot directly promise that that goon will do the right thing and keep your info private. Obviously anyone who shares your private info is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then he goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever, and I will also tell on them. But you must not hold me or Something Awful or any of it's affiliates, sponsors, indentured servants, etc. etc. financially, legally, or morally responsible if that happens. It'll be between you and the rear end in a top hat, basically. Participating means you agreed to these rules.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

2nd post reserved.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hi it's me again

Gift Preferences. I'm an anime-haver, odd-RPG haver, boardgame-haver, videogame-haver, fountain pen-haver, dog-haver. I like the real funky stuff and also food. No shrimp or shellfish related products (I will be unable to eat them if you gift them to me).
General Location. I live in Austin, Texas, which is in the United States (though maybe not for long, if this election is any indicator)

-

As in previous years I vow to be not a shitheel and also to spread good cheer. My gifts will be on time (and if not, people will drat well know why).

edit: this is my BGG account https://boardgamegeek.com/user/aldantefax

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 9, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gift Preferences: I love boardgames most of all but I have limited space so if you are thinking of buying me anything, please take a look at my BGG Collection and Wishlist. I try to keep my collection up to date on the site (as well as my wishlist), but feel free to deviate from the wishlist if you find something that you think I'll really like based on my collection. Feel free to deviate away from the wishlist in terms of wargames: I love board wargames a lot!

I also love X-Wing but I have a lot of stuff for it already: please don't get me maneuvering templates/range rulers or tokens, I have plenty. Things I wouldn't mind getting for X-Wing: Non-slip pads, a good line laser (the current one I have sucks), a better storage bag with more recent cutouts for the latest waves.

I also love PbtAs: currently I have/can access: Night Witches, The Warren, Apocalypse World, Dungeon World. Please don't get me monsterhearts. The wrestling one looks kind of cool! I also like random bestiaries, especially if they aren't part of a roleplaying system: I got Baby Bestiary recently which was awesome.

I love Star Wars. so anything Star Wars might be cool. I also love LEGO and I'm getting into Bandai Gundam model kits: I have a Zaku II RG, Gundam The Origin MG and a Kshatrya HG kit.

Don't buy me anything I would need to glue and paint. No anime stuff either (apart from gundam kits). I've got too many regular fiction/non-fiction books already!

General Location: London, UK

Solemn Vow: I think I've participated in this in the last 4 years or so, not gonna start grinching now!

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 5, 2016

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I love Christmas and TG Secret Santa is only one of the reasons why.

Gift Preferences: I am a total gaming hipster at heart -- I love the old, the weird, and the totally unique. That said, I also live in a small flat with limited space so it'd probably be better if you got me something digital, something compact, or something edible/drinkable. (I have no allergies and am well over the drinking age, so anything goes there.) Or something so singular that I'll find a space for it -- like the Polish board game about queuing that I got last year. Things not to get me include anime, any kind of miniatures stuff, anything D&D, or anything Games Workshop.

If you need further inspiration I have a Steam wishlist here, a DTRPG wishlist here, and even an Amazon wishlist here.

I am generally located in Oxford, England.

I solemnly vow that no-one shall suffer reduced cheer on my account.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dear secret santa, my name is Leperflesh and I have been a good boy.

Gift Preferences: Lately I've been playing more shorter board games rather than RPGs. My Boardgamegeek collection is up to date.

Currently my brother and I are working through the Lord of the Rings LCG stuff I own: we've been playing each expansion in order, and are on the Heirs of Numenor expansion, but I only have two of the six adventure packs for it (check the BGG link, I put everything I own on there), so I'll be needing the other four soon. Any other game not on my BGG list would be fine, too: I especially like co-op games, games that have smaller boxes (storage has become a serious problem at my house), and games that can be played with a varying number of people (my group is in flux, so 1-6 players is ideal).

One thing I'd definitely like is an expansion for Thunderstone Advanced. I have Tower of Ruin, which is the base T-stone Advance game, but I don't have any of the expansions. Although the original Thunderstone (non-advanced) game and expansions are theoretically compatible, I'd prefer one of the specifically-for-Advanced expansions.

I've got enough X-Wing stuff for the moment. I'm also set for miniatures: between three big buys of Reaper Bones kickstarters, the Dungeon Saga, Conan, and my existing large collection, I have more than I could paint in my life. Terrain is always useful, though: I've been doing desert-themed stuff, so I have some sand dunes and plenty of trees/rocks/stuff but egyptian-ish buildings would be cool, maybe? I also like books, movies, music, nerdy stuff, anything fun or cool, food, booze, etc.

I don't like anime. I have a Kindle Fire HDX and I don't mind e-pub stuff, but I prefer my RPGs and reference material to be in print when possible.
If you need some help with my gift ideas, ask Aldantefax, I know him IRL and he is familiar with my tastes.

General location: SF Bay Area, California, USA

Solemn Vow: I will not gently caress up this thing.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 10, 2016

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Gift Preferences:
Pretty easy-peasy... Warhams, board games, card games, whatevs... I have a lot of Tyranids, Blood Angels, Taus, High Elves, Skellingtons... Most of he hip and cool boardgames...
My biggest desire in the world is a copy of the Ringworld RPG, but that is way out of the price range... But stuff along these lines would be loved...

Surprise me.

General Location: Vancouver BC Canada

Solemn Vow: yup

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
:sassargh:
Prepare for gifting!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!

poo poo I love:
- Boardgames!
- Wargames!
- RPGs!
- LCGs! I collect Star Wars (up to Galactic Ambitions), though my community seems to be dying, and am considering getting in the new Arkham one
- PC gaming, with preference to strategy and rpg games
- Dumb & colorful socks
- Noir
- I have unhealthy obsession with the Russian Civil War, but basically anything post-medieval tickles my grognard fancy to a degree
- I'm moving to own flat with girlfriend in February, so I wouldn't mind something to make the nerd lair more cozy

Stuff I avoid:
- Miniatures/models that have to be glued and painted and poo poo.
- It's probably best to assume I hate amine, though really I'm kinda picky about that (jojos own bones)
- If a normie-popular game is universally shunned as subhuman trash by the boardgame thread hivemind, you're safe to assume I agree
- When it comes to RPGs, I'm tired out by D&D and it's crunchy ilk and loosely define a system too storygamey when the resolution mechanic simply chooses a person to narrate poo poo out
- Giving money to Games Workshop, with exceptions made for products licensed by FFG

Feel free to ask via Leperflesh about collections, body size and assorted poo poo.

General location: Warsaw, Poland. Expect typical EU shipping for most part, with possible delays at the very last stretch as my local post office is very lazy!

Solemn vow: grinches get lynches.

potatocubed posted:

Or something so singular that I'll find a space for it -- like the Polish board game about queuing that I got last year.
Glad it stood the test of time! :3:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yarp.

Gift Preferences
X-wing stuff is appreciated (pretty much anything will do these days but I by far mostly play Empire and Scum. I have all the Empire small ships and am lacking only the scyk for Scum, and only have one brobot; I'm also in possession of more than enough templates and dice, and don't particularly like the acrylic tokens anyway). Painting and modelling stuff is appreciated (I've wondered about doing one of those funky gundam kits for a while (the Hi-Mok challenge looked so much fun and I missed it), sci fi vehicle/spaceship stuff generally I might be able to use to mod x-wings, plasticard and scratchbuilding tools. No people/animals though I've more than enough of those). Board games I appreciate, though my collection is small. I have Hanabi, Viticulture Essentials with Tuscany Essentials on the way, Dungeon Lords, DUngeon Petz and Dark Alleys, Codenames, Between Two Cities, Scythe, and a couple other minor things. My absolute ideal on that front would be Galaxy Trucker but $$$$$! I also appreciate vouchers for Thirsty Meeples my flgc, cool scifi and fantasy novels and comics. Please do not send: animes, dvds, dongs RPG sourcebooks. DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY. Also no food or other perishables.

I am funnily enough also located generally in Oxford, UK. Potatocubed wanna play board games sometime?

Solemn Vow I do solemnly swear I am up to no good. (Participated and enjoyed last year).

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 5, 2016

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Getting in on this while the gettin's good.

Gift Preferences

I'm getting majorly into Dropzone commander and Flames of War, where i have UCM, scourge (and possibly shaltari) and flames of war i've got american paratroopers and a british armored squadron (i'm mostly looking for 15mm terrain, or neat tanks as i've also got TANKS! the game) I will be getting into Dropfleet Commander too.
I've also gotten into Epic 40K, where i have space marines and orks, so anything for either of those would be neato! (and titans!)

Location I live in Denmark

Shipping: Yes (also internationally because europe=

Wow Such promise, much considerate

Bonus Whomever i get as my santee, they'll also receive a 1996 Space Ork War buggy on sprue and in original box. plus licorice.

Frobbe fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 13, 2016

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

thespaceinvader posted:

I am funnily enough also located generally in Oxford, UK. Potatocubed wanna play board games sometime?

Yes! I have very little free time between work and a two-year-old, but drop me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
It's that magical time of year again!

Gift Preferences

Hey, maybe I'll actually manage to be specific this year. My fiance's getting a consistent work schedule and I'd like to play with her and our roommates more often. So I'm requesting a board game that's preferably rules-light, cute, and friendly to newbies.

Solemn Vow: I promise not to grinch, else may all my fish contract leprosy.

Special Note: I live with goons jivjov (who will sign up for this) and Neowyrm (who probably won't). If you're getting a gift for any of them, feel free to shoot me a message and I can make sure you don't get a game we already have at the house. And vice versa you can message jivjov to to avoid duplicate gifts for me.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 5, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
yes yes yesyes yes yesyes yes yesyes yes yes YES!!

Time for my favorite annual holiday tradition! Sending and receiving boxes of strange goods with strangers on the internet!

Gift Preferences: Oh man, I am really easy to please. On the board gaming side, I'm usually willing to give anything a try. here is a list of poo poo I already own

Specific Wish List includes (and yes, some of these are over the target price; I'm listing them for completion's sake, and I know that some online retailers do holiday sales): Pandemic Legacy, BattleCON, Disc Duelers, the 2nd and/or 3rd expansions for Elder Sign, Takenoko, Lanterns, Kingdom Builder, more Dixit expansions, Codenames Pictures, Compounded, Tsuro of the Seas, some manner of Ticket to Ride (original or Europe preferred, but I'll try any of them), Alhambra, Dungeon Petz, (let's be real...anything from Antoine Bauza or Vlaada Chvátil will be welcome).

Handmade gifts welcome.

In non-board gaming preferences; I like Star Wars, amiibo, and Tokusatsu (Super Sentai, Power Rangers). Don't get me any amiibo though. I literally own all of them (Unless you want to import me a set of the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo....)

If you want more specific guidance, PM goon Krysmphoenix. They are my roommate and can paw through my collection or ask me subtle questions about gifts, etc. And if you get matched with Krysm, feel free to reach out to me and I can do the same.

General Location: Greater Kansas City Metro area. (if anyone else is nearby, yes, I'd love to meet up and play board games sometime. Except with Krysm. I'm tired of their company)

Solemn Vow: Not getting Christmas gifts sucks. I wouldn't do that to anyone. Seriously. Plus lowtax actually lives within driving distance. You could have him come and ban me from real life if I grinched you.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 14, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

potatocubed posted:

Yes! I have very little free time between work and a two-year-old, but drop me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Sure. I may not get round to it, but I'll plan to!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Back for a third time, baby.

Dear winter gods that I don't believe in: I have not been much of a shitlord this year, so naturally deserve to get free stuff from internet strangers in exchange for giving free stuff to same.

Gift Preferences
I like RPGs, the weirder and more obscure the better. To give you an idea of what I think is weird & obscure, I still have my copy of Everway, and last year got a copy of Nexus: The Infinite City (which was awesome). PDF and Print-on-Demand are absolutely fine. If you've published a your own games or have a friend who makes weird small-press games all the better! Scifi stuff in general is also good. Art books as well; the Deus Ex and Mass Effect art books have provided a shitload of inspiration for me over the past few months.

I'm also a big Gundam nut, and build anime robots (gunpla etc). I'll go for general nerd kitsch stuff, but my place is tiny and I don't have much free space.

And, since I no longer have to worry about my wife seeing them, dongs are fine.

No Thanks
I've got enough board games that I haven't played, and don't use minis or play wargames
White Wolf/Onyx Path games (I write for them, I've got pretty much everything they've ever put out)
D&D/Pathfinder

General location :scotland:

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest the demons that live at the bottom of the Mandelbrot set worm their way into my skull and the Feeders in the Night consume my prefrontal cortex. I've been good the last two years, and ain't going to gently caress up this time round.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 5, 2016

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Hello TG goons! I have been a good acceptable tolerable poster this year, and would like to participate in TGSS once again.

Gift Preferences I'd prefer not to get a gag gift, but otherwise in no particular order!
1) X-Wing - I play Imperial and Scum, been a bit too busy to attend my local league for the last couple months so I haven't picked up anything out of the new wave yet.

2) RPG books - Have a few things on my 'buy physical copies soon' list, namely Fellowship, Ryuutama, and the World Wide Wrestling: International Incident supplement.

3) Model Kits - I enjoy Gundam and similar giant robot model kits.

4) History Books - Fairly self explanatory. I've been reading more non-fiction these days and trying to fill in some small fraction of the gaps in history my American education didn't cover. This is kind of a 'surprise me' category, though like with RPGs above, physical books are almost always preferred.

5) Kung Fu movies - Love them, but most of my viewing is on streaming services and I'd like to start collecting DVDs and Blurays. I tend to prefer historical/classic wuxia over the more modern settings, but otherwise go nuts on this one. Even if I've seen it before, I probably don't actually own a copy.

General Location Nevada

Your Solemn Vow I swear I will not gently caress this up, or may Leperflesh strike me down.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Hi there, it's me TheSoundNinja. I finally graduated college (yay)! I have almost $300,000 in debt (...yay). I come back for this every year I can, so I'm game for anything that falls into this...

A Foldable Dice Tower, or Dice Rolling Tray: My group is playing Exalted 3e, and we forgot how many God drat dice we have to roll. These would help immensely.
Games of Interest: Is it a card game I can bring with me to conventions? Is it a board game that simulates a video game from the 90s? Any game like this would be appreciated (But if you're worried about giving me a double of something, ask Leperflesh to check with me)
Indie Films?: "Turbo Kid" and "The Invitation" are both two indie films I love. Hell, "The Last Broadcast" could be cool (look it up if you've never heard of it). I'm game for any weird kind of film really, especially if I can make a drinking game out of it.
...Anime?: I can be game for anime, but if you send me poo poo I will complain (unless I can make a drinking game out of it - see above).
Trading Card Games: Trading card wise, I play "Force of Will," but I'll even accept dead games like "Battle Spirits," "Magi Nation: Duel," or "Beyblade" (yes, there was a trading card game of a spinning top battle game).

I'm game for almost anything, but please abstain from...

Sex Toys: Unless it's that lost Penetrator from the promotion of Saints Row The Third. I could sell that poo poo.
D&D 5e: Consultantgate left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'll check out the next one, but don't waste your money - I won't play it.
Magic: The Gathering: Eh, not really a fan.
A DVD Copy of "Child 44": Because gently caress you, that film sucked hard. H A R D. And it was a murder-mystery movie! How does that make any loving sense?

WHERE DO I DWELL? Austin, Texas.

I, TheSoundNinja, do solemly swear not to be a total dongus this year as I have avoided in previous years. If I do act like a total dongus, that isn't me but a doppelganger. You'll need to kill it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, let's get Merry as heck in here! :tfrxmas:
Gift Preference: Well, I'm a fan of X-Wing and I'm also collecting the Terminator Genisys minis game. I've got a few irons in the fire when it comes to historicals (British Armour for Flames of War & Team Yankee, Commandos & US Armoured Rifles for Bolt Action), but I'm also looking to get into Sharpe Practice. I'm a big superhero fan, too (I own Legendary, and I'm looking to get into Knight Model's Marvel Superhero game).
General Location:Cheltenham, United Kingdom. Also not far from Oxford (seem to be a lot of game-playing Goons in this neck of the woods).
Things to avoid: Anything from, say, any wave of X-Wing except the last two and Heroes of the Resistance. I don't want to waste people's time by listing off exactly what I have, but that at least makes sure there's no likelihood of duplication. The character models from Terminator Genisys (I'd rather keep it to the generic Terminator side of things - one Jai Courtney miniature is enough for me). The Secret Wars v2, Captain America, and Civil War expansions of Legendary (again, it's stuff I already own). Oh and please do not give GW money on my account.

Solemn Vow: I will do all in my power to not gently caress this up. I've done two Painting Oaths, that shows I'm legit, right?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 16, 2016

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
This sounds like fun.

Gift Preferences
I love painting minis, and I particularly love weird monster minis, the weirder the better. Aberration was always my favorite creature type in D&D. I also like RPGs. I've got a pretty good collection:

Ryuutama, Golden Sky Stories, Ragnarok: Fate of the Norns, Torchbearer, D&D (core for all editions), Savage Worlds (plus all companions), Deadlands, 50 Fathoms, Slipstream, Accursed, Murphy's World, 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars, Rifts Ultimate Edition, Dungeon World, Dresden Files RPG, Fate Core, Spirit of the Century, Ehdrigohr, Eldritch Skies, Exalted, Low Life, Numenera, Paranoia (2nd Edition), Ravenloft, Planescape, Star Wars (1st Edition WEG), The Savage World of Solomon Kane, Part Time Gods, Weird War 2, Weird Wars Rome, 13th Age, Fiasco, and Star Wars: Age of Rebellion.

But I can always use more, especially if it's got a really cool backstory or does something weird and cool with the mechanics.

General Location
I'm living in beautiful Tucson, Arizona

Solemn Vow
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night shall stay my gift-giving merriment.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 29, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Third time's the charm!

Gift Preferences: I'm mainly into wargames (mainly 40k, Kings of War and Frostgrave) and boardgames (collection at https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/ZarkTheDamned - should be mostly up to date). I'm quite interested in the 2016 MTG Commander decks though appreciate they're a bit pricey. While miniatures would be appreciated it may be a while before I get to them as I have a mountain of plastic and metal to get through, but supplies are always appreciated. Exception: If you have any RT-Era Space Marines or Imperial Robots I'm down with that! Exception 2: I'm also after the new Blood Bowl Orcs for a project, so those would be cool too.

Steam gifts are fine too, plus I'm getting into Gunpla again, and nerdy clothing and accessories are good too.

No Thanks: No Munchkin (including spinoffs), Talisman, Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens or Zombie games. No new stuff from GW. Also no booze or sex toys. Other than that I'm pretty open!

Vow: I shan't grinch, on pain of being forced to play Rutibex's weird homebrew Talisman set for eternity.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 19, 2016

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I have forgotten how long I have been doing this; I think I have a problem. I can quit any time I want; but I just don't want to.

Gift Preferences: Almighty Leperflesh, organiser of gifts, please bestow upon me a generous goon who will this year get me neat/interesting miniatures or model kits to hoard and never touch build and paint. I haven't been buying board games of late so one of the popular* ones from 2016 / 15 ish would be ok.

Although the final choice will be completely up to my Santa :getin:

What I don't want: RPGs and steam games. I have access to exploding kittens and CAH and have plenty of munchkin so not those either.

Vow: Hang my failure for all to see; let me be an example for all those that follow.

*Or one you think is super rad.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 6, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo it's that time again.

Gift Preferences: I'm a picky jerk. For years I haven't done gift exchanges for precisely this reason, because it's frequently been easier for me to just buy my own stuff, but I did Tradgame Secret Santa last year and had fun with it so I'll be participating again this year. So what do I like and/or don't like? Let's start with what I don't want:

-Anime: If I feel the urge to watch anime I can find plenty of ways to do so through the internet.
-Kitschy nerd tat: Please do not get me awful nerd themed t-shirts or Funko Pop figures or anything along those lines.
-Hardcopy tabletop RPGs: I haven't had a face-to-face RPG group in years and an inconsistent work schedule means I'm unlikely to have one anytime soon, all my RPGing these days is done online.
-Dice: See above.
-Anything that requires painting and modeling: I'll admit a lot of wargames look like they might be fun to play but I'm not a crafty person.
-Magic: the Gathering: Been there, done that.
-Incredibly lovely games: Munchkin, Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, et al. Not even as a joke.
-Dongs: Please don't.
-Anything by Games Workshop: Do not give Games Workshop money.
-Anything by WizKids: Ditto.

Well Christ, what do I like then?

-Board games! I haven't done as much boardgaming lately but more additions to the collection are always nice. Here's a list of what I currently own: Kemet (with Ta-Seti expansion), Space Alert, Tash Kalar (with the winter expansion), Millennium Blades, Mysterium, Argent: the Consortium (with Mancers of the University expansion), Imperial Assault (with Twin Shadows expansion and a variety of minor expacs), Summoner Wars, Steampunk Rally, Dark Moon, BattleCON (Fate and War of Indines), Mottainai, Pandemic Legacy S1, and Codenames (regular version).

So I hear there's another Tash Kalar expansion with demons? That could be cool. Argent has a summer break thing as well. I've heard plenty of good things about Galaxy Trucker. Oh poo poo, and Fury of Dracula is going out of print soon. A lot of board games are expensive I'm aware, so don't feel obliged to shell out for some expensive thing. If you're a boardgame person and you have some amazing idea for me based on my collection above though, feel free to hit me with something I haven't listed. No Talisman though.

-Other tabletop games! I haven't played a lot of X-Wing lately either but I won't turn down more wangs, I haven't bought anything since Wave 8 which leaves Imperial Veterans, Waves 9 & 10, and Heroes of the Resistance as options. Also FFG is putting out a cooperative Arkham LCG that I'm interested in trying. I own some Netrunner but it's an infrequent play for me so I'd call that one a hard "maybe." Not really into Game of Thrones or LotR though.

edit; FFG just announced a Netrunner campaign set for Q1 2017, which isn't in time for Christmas but HAS bumped my interest in Netrunner up some. I only own the Core Set and like the first few datapacks, none of the big sets or anything, so I'll upgrade its status on the gift front to "sure, why not."

-Candy! Someone bought me some stuff from Raley's Confectionary last year and it was super fuckin good. If you can't figure out what else to get me, candy is always a good fallback option. Fruit flavors in particular are adored but I'll take pretty much anything. Doesn't just have to be Raley's either.

-Thoughtful homemade gifts! Nobody got me anything like this last year but just throwing it out there that if you're the crafty type I won't turn my nose up at something just because it didn't come from an online vendor.

-Booze! I mean as long as it doesn't make me blind, sure.

General Location: Bumfuck Washington State, US

Solemn Vow: So lemme tell you about last year when FedEx and the California branch of the USPS conspired to lose one of my Santee's gifts in a black hole somewhere. It may have taken me until March of this year but I got that poo poo delivered. Also my local post office literally flooded last year forcing me to have to go to another town just to send or receive anything and I still got it done. What I'm saying is that I refuse to let my Santees go ungifted and if I do it's because I have literally been banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up to this point, and if you sent the email, you should have a response now. I don't have emails yet from TheSoundNinja or JackMann.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
E-mail is sent.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Alright, fourth year in a row, and possibly the last one I'll be doing from within the US for a while, so I'm gonna make this one count!

Gift Preferences: To start with, I definitely want a physical, non-consumable gift, something I can hold aloft triumphantly as proof that Christmas morning can still be fun as an adult. My main interest is RPGs, I have made a mostly comprehensive list of RPGs I own here, it's a pretty big list, but there's a number of prominent Kickstarted RPGs from the last couple years I missed out on and don't yet have. I'd love to see another fantasy RPG with some weird quirks in the setting, a la Earthdawn or Talislanta, if you want more specifics. I've kind of got everything else I need, in terms of tradgames stuff, I'm mostly here because I like picking out gifts I think my Santee will like. No dongs, though.

Location: Arizona, still, but hopefully I shall soon make good my escape from this desolate hellhole.

Solemn Vow: Thrice have I spared no effort in finding my Santee a fitting gift, and this time shall be no different, else I shall cast myself into the darkness of the Upside-Down. My gift shall be mailed early, as early as is feasible, and hopefully this year I shall remember to have Amazon gift-wrap it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Put me in, coach!

Gift Preferences: I love anything WW2, but generally like to play any wargames.
General Location: North Carolina, USA
Solemn Vow: I solemnly vow

edit-- I don't like anime

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 6, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Keepin' the holiday cheer going.

Gift Preferences: I like many things, but there are particular things I would like most. I have a wishlist on Miniature Mart, but apparently that has to be emailed to people instead of attached to a public profile, so I guess we'll puzzle that out later. I'm going to start work on my airbrushing setup, so if there are any accessories or parts for a Badger 105 that you think are must-haves, those would be fantastic. Vallejo air paints would also be a delight. Finally, I would not like anime in general for my gift, but if you got a hot source on Gundam kits, I'll build the hell out of those things, gimme gimme gimme.

General Location: Southeastern United States.

Solemn Vow: Here on this, the sixth day of Christmas, I vow that I will not grinch, and that I will do my best to get my Santee something they really like.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yes, I am stoked about this, count me in!

Gift Preferences: I am primarily interested in board games, but am in the very early stages of my collection, so I think I should be pretty easy to shop for: just send me your very favorite "must-have" board game! Or something else if it suits your fancy, I'm not really picky.

The only games I currently own are Pandemic Legacy, Amerigo, and Mysterium. I enjoy co-op games, 4x, and heavy games with neat mechanics or settings. I'm not sure whether I prefer Euro or American games better, but like I said, I am fairly new to the hobby and so I subscribe to the Vlaada is God mentality.

Here is my BGG profile and an Amazon Wishlist I've been using to plan future purchases. That being said, please don't feel restricted to what appears on these lists. You can also check out my first post in the board game thread for some more details on what kind of stuff I'm into. Food and drink is always nice, but something that lasts would be better.

Some things I don't have a lot of interest in are anime, RPG, and dongs?

General Location: Denver, CO

Solemn Vow: I solemnly swear not to squander the goodwill of my newfound board game friends by being a dickhead and failing to send a gift to my Santee.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 17, 2016

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
TGSS is my favorite Christmas tradition and I'm ready to send two gifts this year (and hopefully also receive the same amount). I think this is my 4th time participating and it's always been a joy!

Gift preferences: I'm starting to find joy in painting historical miniatures, any 28mm models from medieval Scandinavia, Russia or Islamic World would be appreciated. I also play Kings of War and am always ready for more Undead things. Just don't send me Mantic Skeletons or any Zombies, I have more than enough of those already (non-Mantic skeletons are fine). I'm also lacking terrain suitable for a desert table.

My solemn vow: I will send a nice gift and I will send it on time. Grinches get stinches.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
I missed last year but now I'm in it to win it.

Gift Preferences Surprise me. Something strange or weird or esoteric, or anime. I like the odd or unusual.

General Location Tacoma, Washington

Solemn Vow Come hell or high water I will make sure my santee is gifted.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
:bisonyes:

Gift Preferences Board games! Weird stuff related to games! Wrestling paraphernalia! (I'm running a WWWRPG game soon and could use props.) I think I'm good on RPG stuff for now, as I have books from last year to go through and the new game I'm starting soon. I have a large collection so my Coolstuff wishlist is here if you want definite ideas of what I don't have, I also have been really into Paperback lately but haven't been able to get a copy because of time/forgetfulness. Regional snacks are cool. No anime, no minis, and I would have a good laugh at a dong.

General Location LA County, California.

Solemn Vow There is no way I'm going to gently caress this up and ruin Christmas for someone.

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 6, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

My fiance's getting a consistent work schedule and I'd like to play with her more often.

Sounds like someone's getting the annual dong present!

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Sweet! Last year was a blast so let's light this candle once again!

Gift Preferences: I love robots, vikings, rad dice, and portable card games. Minis are cool though I don't have much opportunity to play with them anymore, and RPGs are even cooler, especially physical copies. My board game collection is pretty small so I'm open to expanding it, especially with stuff that supports a wide range of player count.

I'm not super into anime these days and I've got about all the D&D and FATE stuff I could ever want at this point. Tasty treats are fun but permanent stuff is better. I'd rather not see any Munchkin, Fluxx, or CaH under the Christmas tree.

General Location: Pacific Northwest, USA

Solemn Vow: I didn't grinch anybody last year and I promise on my honor as a huge goddamn nerd that I won't grinch anybody this year either!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up. Only missing email from TheSoundNinja.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dear creepy Santa, please bring me a surprise. My family doesn't buy games even when I give them a wishlist.

Gift Preferences Board games and board game paraphernalia. I already have plenty of unplayed RPG's at the moment. the No anime, no minis, no dongs.

CoolStuff Wishlist
BGG Havelist (and a few wish)

General Location The gaming capital of the World! Indianapolis, Indiana

Solemn Vow This is my millionth Secret Santa, I wont screw it up.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 7, 2016

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
Solemn Vow: I think this is year four(?) that I'll be participating. I'm good for it!

General Location: The land of the valueless Pound, a nation that looks backwards to it's past 'glories' rather than ahead, that celebrates division and xenophobia. The land of Brexit. (London, United Kingdom).

Gift Preferences:
Ah, the hard bit. I hope that the below inspire you.
I love boardgames - my BGG is here... which will be updated in a few minutes!
I also love books - if you have a book which is special to you, then that'd be great - Goodreads here
My Amazon wish-list is here: here - it's mostly stuff which is too expensive for TGSS, but should give you an idea of who I am.
Other than this - please go wild and go with whatever!

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Solemn Vow: This is my first year participating but I'm not gonna be an internet jerk no sir.

General Location: London, UK

Gift Preferences:
Generally speaking, board games, board game paraphenalia, card games (not collectable). I really like the idea of RPGs but I don't have anyone to play with face-to-face so my experience is mostly limited to listening to The Adventure Zone and buying that Pathfinder Humble Bundle a while back. I play a lot of PC games (Witcher series, Dwarf Fortress, Civ/Alpha Centauri are some favourites), but I have quite a backlog so while games-related stuff is cool, I'm not after actual videogames. I really like history, mythos/supernatural horror, fantasy and scifi but don't feel constrained by that. Here's my BGG wishlist and here's my Amazon wishlist but feel free to go off-piste.

Things I'm not interested in: anime, GW, wargames/GW-style miniatures games, collectable card games (e.g. MTG, Pokemon etc), things that require continued investment to play, Munchkin, CAH, Exploding Kittens,. Funko-pop etc style collectables. Or dongs. Actual videogames (see above).

Owlkill fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 9, 2016

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm in again!

Gift Preferences: No dongs, no anime, no GW. Also I have all the generic gamer poo poo that I will need for the rest of my life so dice, dicebags, measuring aids etc aren't super useful unless they are totally rad dice, dicebags, measuring aids, etc.

Solemn Vow: I hereby undertake not to be a dick to a random internet person.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey guys, since we have a shorter window for the main round this year, it would be helpful if the thread was gently cross-promoted where appropriate. I posted links in a handful of major TG threads, but there are undoubtedly a few more where mentioning - once, without too much fanfare - that TGSS is going, would be cool and OK.

Don't pile into threads and advertise like a maniac, though, we don't want to be annoying. The goal is just to let folks who would probably want to participate know that the thread is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Gift preferences I play board games mainly (BGG collection here) and anything along the lines of expansions or games that wouldn't get you mocked by the board game thread for posting that you love it would be most certainly welcomed.

Although I like and am interested in RPGs not many of my gaming group are and I'm not confident enough in my game running abilities to try to convince them to let me try to run a game for them, so unless the RPG products are great for getting non roleplaying gamer types interested and are simple to run probably best to avoid.

Also no miniatures or dongs and nothing Too Anime.

Location In the wild Northwest of England.

Solemn vow I vow to not Grinch on pain of pain.

• Locked thread