Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Lord Hypnostache posted:

My prediction was right and I have received two gifts in the mail.

The first included a ton of Perry Miniatures characters. There's the Emir's court, some leaders and some musicians. Thank you so much! Perry makes some of my favorite models and with this I'm pretty much set when it comes to generals and other character models.

Glad you like them. You said you wanted mediaeval Arabic figures in 28mm so hitting up the Perry website seemed to be the best option. Did they put a note in like I asked by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Someone from a country even crazier about licorice than Denmark sent me a thing!

I've recruited a space marine Chaplain for the purposes of sanctifying this delivery

He bravely plumbed the depths, declaring it safe for me to empty out the white xeno menace

The chaplain isn't very good at handling packing foam, being backed into some 15mm fences

The chaplain got a bit too excited, and managed to break the door frame while investigating the large ruined structure (it broke during shipping, I've already fixed it)

Since this is all 15mm FoW scale, a british Sherman came by and scared off the Chaplain

Thanks Santa from that country nobody understands!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey kids! Today is the shipping deadline for all rounds of Trad Games Secret Santa.

So far we have 1 main round Santa who I have no info from, and also hasn't answered an email from a few days ago. I also don't have shipping notice from one of the Lightning Round 3 santas, but that's much more understandable. Hopefully I'll hear from both by the end of the day!

The delivery deadline is December 19th and we are doing very well in that regard. About 20 gifts/deliveries/shipments haven't been marked as received yet, out of 93 total this year.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Helen Highwater posted:

Glad you like them. You said you wanted mediaeval Arabic figures in 28mm so hitting up the Perry website seemed to be the best option. Did they put a note in like I asked by the way?

There was a card with Santa telling me not to peek (I did) and season's greetings on the otherside, if that's what you mean?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Bonus round sent, delivery on the 20th. But they live in the future so that doesn't count, those fucks.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
From the void of my mailing system a gift arrives!

Inspected!

Approved! This is great! I had my eye on this game for a long time and will definitely be opening it up this week to try it out. Thanks so much Santa! I love getting an expansion and base game simultaneously. Awesome!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Lord Hypnostache posted:

There was a card with Santa telling me not to peek (I did) and season's greetings on the otherside, if that's what you mean?

Meh, close enough.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bruxism posted:

This is probably from your Main Round santa! If the responsible Santa would please confirm with me or publicly, that'd be great, thanks!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Shipped earlier today

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bruxism posted:

Inspected!

Approved! This is great! I had my eye on this game for a long time and will definitely be opening it up this week to try it out. Thanks so much Santa! I love getting an expansion and base game simultaneously. Awesome!

Ha, made it with a week to spare! Take that international shipping times!

I'm glad you like it, I had a heartstopping moment where I rushed to mail it to you then realized I couldn't remember if it was on your BGG list already. Fortunately it turned out not to be, so Christmas was saved. I hope you enjoy it, Tash-Kalar is one of my favorite two-player games (though it can play up to four in various styles) and the Everfrost expansion seemed suitably seasonal.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Was informed by my wife that a box of pretty awesome stuff just arrived at home. Will post details and pictures when I get home from work in the morning.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Package inspector Scarlett had already gone through the box, but the spoils all appear to be intact!

Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, paired with a double feature of classic and 'classic' Kung fu in the form of Curse of the Golden Flower and Vampire Hunters. This is gonna be a good weekend. Thanks, Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, welp.

I'm terribly sorry to announce that it appears we may have a Grinch. This is why I moved the deadlines up this year, though! So there's time to still get a present to the Santee whose Santa has disappeared, before Christmas.

The Grinchee is in the US. I'm looking for a volunteer De-Grincher who can send a present to a US goon in time for Christmas. If you'd like to volunteer, please send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com today. At the end of the day, I'll randomly select one person from among the volunteers. Obviously de-grinching is a one-way thing... you send a gift, but all you get in return is the warm feeling of having done right by someone.

Now, once consequence of moving the dates up is that, in theory, the Grinch might not be a Grinch at all... the deadline to get a present delivered is the 19th, and it's possible this Goon has dropped out of contact, but still done their duty just in time. Against that possibility, I'll not out the Grinch just yet. If a gift materializes before the deadline, we can assume that a Goon was remiss in posting, but did not fully Grinch, and that doesn't deserve the public stockade.

As an aside, if you've received a present but haven't posted about it, please do so ASAP. According to my notes, there are still presents in transit for a fair few of you!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Well no wonder it took so long to get here! I'd post a picture of the full packaging but it has sensitive info on it.

Thank you for the handwritten card!

Nice. A Polish classic I've never gotten around to reading. You made a good choice of book topics. :D

Someone was literally just asking me about this a few weeks ago or thereabouts (which might even have been you being sneaky). Gonna read this first.

Look forward to trying this, and the tin is pretty nifty too.

A keychain! Let's hop it lasts longer than my old Homeworld one.

Many thanks to Safety Biscuits for a merry Christmas!

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 14, 2016

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

You lucky bastard!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

Well no wonder it took so long to get here! I'd post a picture of the full packaging but it has sensitive info on it.

Thank goodness it arrived at last. I was beginning to worry. I'm glad you like it, and no, I wasn't the guy asking you about Children of Time - just a coincidence.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Leperflesh posted:

Hey kids! Today is the shipping deadline for all rounds of Trad Games Secret Santa.

So far we have 1 main round Santa who I have no info from, and also hasn't answered an email from a few days ago. I also don't have shipping notice from one of the Lightning Round 3 santas, but that's much more understandable. Hopefully I'll hear from both by the end of the day!

The delivery deadline is December 19th and we are doing very well in that regard. About 20 gifts/deliveries/shipments haven't been marked as received yet, out of 93 total this year.

FIXED!

e:

Arrived today in lovely Amazon wrapping, sure to be re-used this season!

Nichol fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 15, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks Nichol. We're in communication, and the De-Grinching Process has been shut down. All is well!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I received a package today!

The guard cat was extremely excited when she heard the word "mouse."

She was much less impressed when she realized it was just a book.

However, I'm pretty thrilled! I love the Mouse Guard comics. I've been thinking about getting the book for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to bite the bullet without knowing if I could get a group together for it. Thanks, Secret Santa!

And I think that's all three rounds I participated in accounted for. You guys are awesome.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

As an aside, if you've received a present but haven't posted about it, please do so ASAP. According to my notes, there are still presents in transit for a fair few of you!

Note that I am at business until next wednesday so cannot confirm/deny any or none additional festivity acknowledgements.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Looks like I just got gifted by the DriveThruRPG Fairy...Dresden Files Paranet Papers, Monster Kart Mayhem, Retail Magic, and a few other things off my wishlist! Sadly, they're PDFs so no pics.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JackMann posted:

And I think that's all three rounds I participated in accounted for. You guys are awesome.

For my own accounting purposes, if any of JackMann's Santas still have stuff en route to him, please let me know, thanks!

LordAba posted:

Note that I am at business until next wednesday so cannot confirm/deny any or none additional festivity acknowledgements.

I think you should have one more gift inbound, to arrive by the 19th. Is someone there to collect a delivery for you?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not leaving for vacation until the end of the month, but because I work during the day the post office will probably hold any packages for me and I'll arrange redelivery. So don't panic if tracking says the delivery failed or anything.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
With Rhjamiz and Bruxism confirming receipt of their gifts along with NovaLion and Felime I should be all squared away on my end, all of the gifts I've sent have been delivered and acknowledged. I'm just waiting on the gift from my own Round 3 Santa to arrive and I won't be going anywhere, and also it doesn't look like my post office is going to flood this year, so I'll be sure to make a post when it arrives.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

JackMann posted:

Got a digital download for Dread! Thanks, Santa!

JackMann posted:

I received a package today!

The guard cat was extremely excited when she heard the word "mouse."

She was much less impressed when she realized it was just a book.

However, I'm pretty thrilled! I love the Mouse Guard comics. I've been thinking about getting the book for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to bite the bullet without knowing if I could get a group together for it. Thanks, Secret Santa!

I wasn't going to out myself, but since I asked for help picking an RPG for JackMann in #tinypewtermen before noticing you were in the channel, I managed to blow my cover already :downs:. Dread was their suggestion, Mouse Guard was my idea, glad you liked them!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Ha! I didn't even notice that. I had to look through the logs just now.

In that case, I still have my Santa from the second round to look forward to.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
A package arrived at my house the other day, but thanks to my housemates not informing me, I didn't open it until last night.

It hailed all the way from Poland, meaning it definitely wasn't anything I'd ordered recently!

Inside...

A copy of Disk Wars! Something I'd seen mentioned all over the TG forums, but knew nothing about.

Oh and a note, with enough detail in it that it was clear my Secret Santa had been snooping through my post history :shrek: or worse. gently caress.

Thanks for the game (and sending it all the way from Poland), Secret Santa! I'll be giving this a go over Christmas, and looking forward to leading the forces of Chaos to victory over bloody Elves.

I also think I'm going to put tape over my laptop webcam. No reason.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I had a slip informing me of a package from a mysterious sender in my mailbox, so I went to the local ethnic shop where packages are delivered and got something from Lithuania!

The dice are the closest I have to pets, also they obscure Santa and me

The box contained cardboard and something below!

PRESENTS!

A lovely (if slightly hard to read because who can read handwriting these days) note telling me to post more, some fancy-looking chocolates (which are good!) and a game that I have not heard of but look very much forward to trying out! Thanks mysterious stranger!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If the good people at Mantic cause me to be hoisted by my own petard by failing to deliver by the 19th of December a gift I ordered on the 29th of November, I am going to be super pissed.

It was shipped a week ago, but (of course) with no tracking, so who the gently caress knows!

If you are still waiting for a gift, and you get a package from Mantic, please post right away, thanks. If it hasn't showed by the end of the day today, I'mma have to order a replacement present for 2-day Amazon Prime delivery, so that I don't break my own rules.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Dear Santa's,

I got sent unexpectedly away on business and don't know when I'll return. I'll ask my wife to photograph incoming packages and post any likely looking suspects. Looking forward to getting home to all kinds of secret Santa boxes!

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Kinda freaking out due to not knowing if my package arrived in the estimated arrival time or not. I bought it the day I got the address, this shouldn't have gone so poorly...

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

gourdcaptain posted:

Kinda freaking out due to not knowing if my package arrived in the estimated arrival time or not. I bought it the day I got the address, this shouldn't have gone so poorly...

Well, it is satans holiday

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gourdcaptain posted:

Yeah same here. The delivery deadline is the 19th, but like you, I have to figure out if I need to buy an emergency gift like... tonight, or not. I wanted to get my Santee exactly the Right Thing, though, and it wasn't in stock from an American retailer, and so I bought an overseas shipment, and now... ugh.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

The best Santa ever? I hope you're super rich or have the best local discount games shop, you Amazing Super Santa!!!!

Omg omg omg I was this close to buying this from a local store last year, until it mysteriously disappeared (was stolen???), and have had all this non-buyer's remorse. And this copy is in amazing condition!!!!! Zomg!!!!

Suffering also some Santa envy, as I was not this amazing a Santa. NEXT YEAAR!!! :arghfist:

Also this great card:

I'm not even exaggerating when I say I don't think I will possibly get a more exciting gift this year. Best Santa Ever!!!

Nichol fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 17, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Screw it, it's in the spirit of the season. My giftee just got a second gift sent to them that should be in time. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gourdcaptain posted:

Screw it, it's in the spirit of the season. My giftee just got a second gift sent to them that should be in time. :)

Yeah I just did that too. Sometimes lucky goons just get piles of extra stuff. It's OK. :)

WasJace
Dec 17, 2016

Nichol posted:

The best Santa ever? I hope you're super rich or have the best local discount games shop, you Amazing Super Santa!!!!

Omg omg omg I was this close to buying this from a local store last year, until it mysteriously disappeared (was stolen???), and have had all this non-buyer's remorse. And this copy is in amazing condition!!!!! Zomg!!!!

Suffering also some Santa envy, as I was not this amazing a Santa. NEXT YEAAR!!! :arghfist:

Also this great card:

I'm not even exaggerating when I say I don't think I will possibly get a more exciting gift this year. Best Santa Ever!!!

Oh hurray! I'm so glad it made it, I've been biting my nails since I packed it up! I know what it's like to have a gaming white whale, so I got to do some hunting this time around.

Happy holidays, Nichol!

(formerly WereJace, lost that account due to total inability to find any of the login info.)

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Sorry for not posting earlier, I've been swamped at work. But I did find something in my email recently! I have received a gift!

As well as a copy of Ryuutama!
Thanks secret Santa!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, my gift arrived, but I won't be able to check it out until around New Year's due to unforeseen circumstances, sorry. Regardless, big thanks to my Santa for whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I have received my gift!

First, I made sure to clear it with a fierce, yet festive, customs inspector.

He was very thorough, and refused to stand still for any pictures.

Eventually, the package passed a rigorous inspection, and I now have some sweet wangs. The note inside hinted (explicitly stated) that I should expect another package.

Thanks Santa! I've been wangs-curious for about a year now, and I can finally see what all the fuss is about firsthand.

• Locked thread