Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK! That's great, two more down.

Today was, of course, the delivery deadline... and there's still a handful of gifts that aren't delivered yet. That was anticipated, actually... the main reason I moved the deadline up to the 19th, was to allow for time before christmas to work out the issues.

So, here are the Santees that I don't have down as having received 100% of the anticipated gifts. Please look for your name: if you're on here but shouldn't be, or if you're not on here but should be, let me know.

Main round
moths - delivered
The worst submarine - sent
Antivehicular - delivered
Cinnamon Bear - shipped
COOL CORN - sent
Cotton Candidasis - received 1/2
Safety Biscuits - shipped
LordAba - shipped late

Bonus round 1

Bruxism - shipped {exception - gifts sent to Bruxism expected to arrive late}
AnAnonymousIdiot #1 - delivered
AnAnonymousIdiot #2 - shipped

Bonus round 2
JackMann - sent
Bruxism - shipped {exception - gifts sent to Bruxism expected to arrive late}
AnAnonymousIdiot - ordered

Bonus round 3
NTRabbit - shipped
Kai Tave - shipped - address updated with UPS today, expected delivery tomorrow

If you're marked as "delivered" that means probably your Santa had tracking info that showed as delivered, or, possibly you posted saying it was delivered but you hadn't been able to get it yet.
"Shipped" and "sent" are almost exactly the same, they mean the Santa posted that your gift was put in the mail. If you're the Santa of a Santee still showing as Shipped or Sent, and we haven't been talking about that gift within the last couple of days, please check any tracking info you might have, and then follow up with me via email.
Gifts sent to Bruxism are going via a circuitous drop-ship method that Bruxism indicated in advance likely wouldn't get to him before christmas, and are an exception to the normal rules.

I believe all of the above gifts were sent in good faith, and most of them were sent well in advance of the deadline... some of these probably have been delivered but the recipient hasn't posted yet. Hopefully we'll get them resolved this week!

Meanwhile I'm coming down with a cold and I'm pretty sure one of my cats is dying and my internet provider has been having outages. If I'm not super responsive the next couple of days, it'll be one of those things, and my apologies in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Sorry to hear about your cat Leperflesh.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Meanwhile I'm coming down with a cold and I'm pretty sure one of my cats is dying and my internet provider has been having outages. If I'm not super responsive the next couple of days, it'll be one of those things, and my apologies in advance.

Sorry about your cat. And thank you for your hard work organising this, the much smaller Book Barn one is bad enough...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks. e. you guys don't need the details. She might still pull through, or perhaps not. Thanks for your kind words.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 20, 2016

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Best wishes for your cat, regardless of the circumstances.

Thanks for running this thing.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Best wishes, and thanks for running this. :)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks again for running this Leperflesh!

I'm still keeping an eye on the mailbox but so far all I've received are ill-fitting clothes from a well-meaning aunt. :unsmith:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Sent an email, but for maximum visibility:

I was Cool Corn's Santa. They received their gift way back when, but I apparently drafted a confirmation email and never actually mashed the send button. So, I am an idiot, but not delinquent in spreading Christmas cheer.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Sorry to hear about your cat, Leperflesh. I hope she, you, and your internet all pull through in a Christmas week miracle trifecta.

I'll echo the others in thanking you for running this and running it well; it's become something I look forward to as part of the holiday season.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Best wishes for your cat, Leperflesh.

I received one package, the Mouse Guard 2E boxset I posted about; is there another passage en route? I can shake down the mailroom of needed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Sent an email, but for maximum visibility:

I was Cool Corn's Santa. They received their gift way back when, but I apparently drafted a confirmation email and never actually mashed the send button. So, I am an idiot, but not delinquent in spreading Christmas cheer.

OK I just missed that in my spreadsheet somehow. And you even replied to his email! So no worries.

Antivehicular posted:

I received one package, the Mouse Guard 2E boxset I posted about; is there another passage en route? I can shake down the mailroom of needed.

Similarly, I believe that's your gift and I just missed recording it. Thanks for confirming, Anti!

Cat survived the night and we're going back to the vet today.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

OK I just missed that in my spreadsheet somehow. And you even replied to his email! So no worries.

Similarly, I believe that's your gift and I just missed recording it. Thanks for confirming, Anti!

Good luck! Hope your kitty pulls through. I'm going to give mine a hug when I get home in commiseration. Perhaps the blood sacrifice when Ariadne digs in will help your fortunes.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Uggghhh apparently my Round 3 gifts were cancelled by amazon on Sunday so I have to reorder. This is loving ridiculous. I'll reorder after work, sorry :(

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
That happened with the shirt I got my grandmother for Christmas. Socks having to find another place and reorder.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ok, Order replaced. poo poo should arrive... somewhere between the 28th and Sometime in January. Sorry, Santee. For some reason Amazon is a dick. :mad:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Leperflesh posted:

Hope all goes well with your kitty, Leperflesh! :ohdear:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I got my last, but certainly not least, Secret Santa gift just a few minutes ago! Apparently UPS delivers late as gently caress, who knew?

It's Arkham Horror! I'm not gonna lie, I really really wanted someone to get me this (even though I'll probably buy another core set later on myself) so thank you very much mysterious Santa number four. There was no note or anything with the gift so whoever you were, step on up both to accept your accolades and to inform me of which charity you would like your, checking the invoice here, $40 donation to be sent to in your honor.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have any package inspectors :smith:, so instead I grabbed something perfectly :japan:

Oh wow! :australia:
Koalapunk Cybergifts!

Thanks Ettin! (I promise to be on my best behavior and stop threadshitting)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Kai Tave posted:

I got my last, but certainly not least, Secret Santa gift just a few minutes ago! Apparently UPS delivers late as gently caress, who knew?

It's Arkham Horror! I'm not gonna lie, I really really wanted someone to get me this (even though I'll probably buy another core set later on myself) so thank you very much mysterious Santa number four. There was no note or anything with the gift so whoever you were, step on up both to accept your accolades and to inform me of which charity you would like your, checking the invoice here, $40 donation to be sent to in your honor.

Glad you liked it! Didn't see a way to leave a note with Fantasy Flight, or I would've added a proper goony message. Also sorry about the UPS screw-up. I'm happy it finally got where it needed to.

For charity of choice, let's go with The Southern Poverty Law Center. They do a lot of really good work, and I think they're going to be even more important in coming years.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thanks Ettin! (I promise to be on my best behavior and stop threadshitting)

No problem! :toot: Sorry this came late, I had a mate pick the packs up for me and illness forced us to delay a meetup. Glad it got to you!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Niemat posted:

Hope all goes well with your kitty, Leperflesh! :ohdear:

Thanks, Niemat. It's not. But she got two more years than she would have gotten if we hadn't saved her life, so... you have to look at the silver linings of things, sometimes.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
That's how it was with my Rocky. The vet could only give him another year when he started having bowel obstructions. But I made sure it was a good one, with lots of snuggles, treats, and petting.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

JackMann posted:

Glad you liked it! Didn't see a way to leave a note with Fantasy Flight, or I would've added a proper goony message. Also sorry about the UPS screw-up. I'm happy it finally got where it needed to.

For charity of choice, let's go with The Southern Poverty Law Center. They do a lot of really good work, and I think they're going to be even more important in coming years.

And with that, I have successfully Christmassed the poo poo out of this year's Secret Santa.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Leperflesh posted:

Thanks, Niemat. It's not. But she got two more years than she would have gotten if we hadn't saved her life, so... you have to look at the silver linings of things, sometimes.

I'm sorry to hear that, Leperflesh. I obviously don't know the specifics, but it sounds lIke she was loved and special, so I'm very certain you made her last two years the best they could have been. And, while it's hard, I hope that eventually brings you some comfort. :(

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
My santa is quite thorough, and realised how slow Wayland games is at shipping, so not only did he get me the ruins shown earlier, today a package containing american sherman tanks and british lend-lease sherman tanks showed up! I've now got more than 30 sherman tanks. so many shermans.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just three or four gifts still in transit! I've sent emails to a couple of goons who might have gotten things but not posted yet. Right now it doesn't look like we have any actual grinches this year, just some late post.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I got a package filled with all of the Pixel Tactics (no pictures yet), which I assume was from a secret santa! Thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The worst submarine, and moths, have confirmed receipt of gifts. They'll post when they can!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Sorry to hear that. But it was two more years, and I'm sure they were two good years for her.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm about to head home for the holidays, so I probably won't be home when my gift arrives. I'll be home on Tuesday, so I should receive it then or Wednesday.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is there someone there to collect gifts off your porch or whatever? Your Santa did post that a gift was sent to you, two weeks ago.

e. Actually, I'm not sure now, you had two bonus round santas and I think you got two gifts - one digital, one physical. But I'm not sure if they were both from one santa, or one each from two santas. I'll try and find out.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 22, 2016

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
They were both from my round three Santa. Still haven't seen the one from my round two Santa.

I've instructed the post office not to leave anything on my front porch, as my neighbors have had some issues with package theft recently (and I had a Reaper order go missing the other day). I'm also stopping into the post office to ask them to hold my mail.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK... what about UPS, FedEx, Amazon delivery, etc? :ohdear:

Two weeks should usually be enough for a domestic shipment, but I don't have a tracking number and your santa didn't get back to me yet (I just emailed yesterday morning).

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

OK... what about UPS, FedEx, Amazon delivery, etc? :ohdear:

Two weeks should usually be enough for a domestic shipment, but I don't have a tracking number and your santa didn't get back to me yet (I just emailed yesterday morning).

People who haven't signed up with at least UPS and Fedex probably should if they expect they might be getting packages at any point in time because allows you to hold packages, sign for packages, move packages to a store for holding until you can pick it up, you get automated emails when/if a package is coming, etc...

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I usually get notified by UPS Quantum view if something is coming. I haven't had FedEx leave stuff at the door. Usually, they leave a notice.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, sounds like things are covered then, that's good.

And I'm sorry your gift is showing up late - I basically have no more information than the date on which the Santa posted having sent a thing, and that was definitely a reasonable date for a bonus round. :shrug:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hopefully it didn't get snatched with the Reaper order. If it did... Well, poo poo happens and it's no fault of the Santa.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

LordAba posted:

I got a package filled with all of the Pixel Tactics (no pictures yet), which I assume was from a secret santa! Thanks!

I hope you enjoy being a part of the Pixel Tactics Deluxe Kickstarter!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I had another package arrive, luckily(or not) while the inspector was out on his walk.

KoW Historicals rulebook!

Thank you Santa, you've been incredibly generous and gotten me great gifts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Christmas miracle!! I managed to make it home in time for Christmas and two packages arrived today!

Never heard of the pugilism game, but it sounds great! The wrapped gift tag indicates it's some wangs so I'm going to leave it wrapped until xmas morning. Thanks Secret Santa's and my apologies for the mail taking so long.

• Locked thread