Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'll sign up for. Thanks for doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So is this happening? Should I write a post of the things I like?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oooh, so this is moving forward. Sweet.

I don't think I put much detail into my sign up so here it goes. I like weird nick nacks for my desk. I love Batman. I have too many DC graphic novels and only a sputtering of Marvel graphic novels. I do like X-Men (I guess) and have most of the even books for the X-Men from the 90's (sans age of apocolypse). Besides that not much Marvel stuff.
Been binging on Valiant and have most of the Bloodshot reborn stuff and Ninjak trades, as well as Harbinger.
Favourite writers: Brian K Vaughan (have all Saga, Y, Ex Machina), Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire.

That's about it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

I have my wishlist since another secret santa I'm doing required it. Whoever got me doesn't have to get ke anything off of it.

You get coal!

Added some stuff to my wishlist too, but it's more suggestions and doesn't need to be followed/ordered.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
To my Santee,

Your gift is sent. Hopefully I put down your address right but your foreign postal codes confuse me.
Anyway, a call to everyone who gets gifts to post picks here on this forum.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Not going to lie, I was getting a bit nervous about my gifts. I kept checking the mail every day and nothing for days on end.
So imagine my happiness when I came home from work today and saw two boxes for me. Finally, this must be it. What do I find in the two boxes?

Firstly, The Escapist which is awesome because it combines two things I love, Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, and BKV. Remarkably I have never read the Escapist though despite being a fan of those two things.
Secondly, Dr. Strange by BKV. I must admit that I don't really know much about Dr. Strange but being a fan of BKV I am sure it will be great.
Finally, the Secret Path by Tragically Hip singer Gord Downie and Jeff Lemire. This is a book I have been hoping and waiting for since I heard it was getting released. Unfortunately I don't own a record player so it's for the best I didn't get the album that can accompany this book (though it also comes with digital download so that works for me). This is a story about painful chapter in Canadian history and should be really good.

Thank you Secret Santa. You done good, I am glad I was good enough this year to deserve such awesome gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, I have finally opened my present, and it was awesome. Not only did my super-generous Santa Get me the first two volumes of Giant Days, I also got a copy of Daytripper, which I've never heard of before, but looks super interesting! Thanks Santa!

Merry Christmas BSS!

Let us (me) know what you think of Daytripper

• Locked thread