Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't post here a ton but hey secret santa's are fun. Shipping in Canada is a bitch so if we can keep it in-country I'd prefer that, but if not that's ok. I also have a mail service in NY that I can use for receipt if someone really doesn't want to send to Canada. I might knock off two birds by just mailing from the US anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

Personally, I see these as an opportunity to get something I wouldn't just get myself, so go weird.

This, but for me.

For reference I guess I'll dump my comic book collection tracker thing here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fon56EJTJdQf4dyeUHmKF3y_ZA9YtzyvMEr7PdwJdvg/edit?usp=drive_web

I own the stuff on the comics list.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Glad it showed up all at once and that you didn't have any of it! There's something else coming but uhhhh I was really slow mailing it out. So. Before Xmas.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

Have you gotten yours yet?

Heya. Was waiting on this and then it slipped my mind until I saw it pop back up today.

I did, assuming it was the first trade of Chew.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

Oh good, I was worried I entered your weird Canadian address wrong.

Hope you like it, I didn't see it in that list you linked, and picked something you might like based on that. Sorry it's not much compared to others here.

I wasn't actually gonna say anything because Christmas isn't a time for being a scrooge but eh whatever if I don't it'll bug me.

I honestly was pretty disappointed. Not in the gift, I like Chew and don't have any of the trades, but rather that you'd join a secret santa with a gift limit of $60 and buy me something off of Amazon for $10. Like, it's not just a money thing. If you had wrapped up some dollar comics from a mini series or something and mailed them to me, that would have been fine. Hell, even if you had picked out and sent me something weird that you grabbed online from a Canadian store (I know shipping books to Canada is crap). But to just buy a fairly well known indie series trade online for a 1/3-1/6 (depending on shipping!) of the limit is kind of lovely.

Anyway food for thought for next time around! I'll still be participating if there's another one, because it was fun to try to figure out what Madkal might like (uh other than Secret Path). I found a lot of BKV and Lemire stuff that I didn't know existed and added it to my own personal wishlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for running this!

• Locked thread