Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

the time Baloogan melted down and probated himself for drunkposting

contest over :colbert:

PS Pixies rock!

Aww thanks! :glomp:

Look for a new Breeders record sometime next year... :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4WrdUyf7Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Greatest Self Own

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

I think we need a special Karl Rove Award for Nicest Meltdown on Election Night on a Major Network

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Neil Breen Award For Line-Towing Surrealism

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

Aww thanks! :glomp:

Look for a new Breeders record sometime next year... :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4WrdUyf7Y

Cool! Will do. Nice to have you posting here. :)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Xelkelvos posted:

Greatest Self Own

nominating commie ned flanders' cspam hate thread that he accidentally posted in cspam

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Condiv posted:

nominating commie ned flanders' cspam hate thread that he accidentally posted in cspam

seriously, goldmine that poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Condiv posted:

lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Condiv posted:

seconded

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nominations teeeeeeechnically aren't open yet (because we haven't had post election meltdowns), but we definitely have a c-spam specific self-own award now.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
powerball's red rose for best dick pic

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mormonpartyboat posted:

Yeah no.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

iospace posted:

Nominations teeeeeeechnically aren't open yet (because we haven't had post election meltdowns), but we definitely have a c-spam specific self-own award now.

can't we have nominations now until post-election, and then have voting?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Are Britgoons eligible to vote? :ohdear:

I promise I'm not a Putin puppet.

No puppet. No puppet.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Best Impression of Baghdad Bob

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alter Ego posted:

Best Impression of Baghdad Bob

Added.

ALSO!

We're at 34 "general" awards and 17 c-spam ones. Basically, from this point out if you want an award category, it either A. has to be exceptional, or B. suggest a current one to be replaced by it.

iospace has issued a correction as of 16:14 on Nov 7, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Replace: "Departed Journalist Who Would Love this Election" and "Best Impression of Baghdad Bob" with: "Award for the Craziest Politician from Outside the US brought to you by the BBC World Service" (This is only for politicians who became notable during this election season) and the "Jeb Bush Most Pathetic Candidate Award"

Xelkelvos has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Nov 7, 2016

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

:chloe:

gfy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Vilerat Memorial Award for Worst Use of Benghazi

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that time i got dr plump to write an essay about how he's not posting his real opinions, he's actually an internet sociologist studying the effects of saying stupid poo poo on various forums.

doesn't need an award but i was pleased at that one. rip dr plump

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Vilerat Memorial Award for Worst Use of Benghazi

this is what should win imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6BLMz1chEM

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The Jeb! Award for Single Most Depressing Moment in a Campaign

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Remember when Zoux probated a mod because he thought he was loved by all and untouchable, then got banned in response and never came back? Good times.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Everyone who donated to RAINN deserves an award.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Not a Step posted:

Remember when Zoux probated a mod because he thought he was loved by all and untouchable, then got banned in response and never came back? Good times.

If I had to choose between him and Sheng I would have to think about it real hard, to be honest

americong
May 29, 2013

i suggest a category for effortposting, with the understanding that schnorkles doesn't have a lot of competition

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
That's a lot of awards, may want to cull some more of them?

Also lol at the Churchill award, I think we all know who's gettin that one already...peckerwoods!!!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nominating for all applicable awards:

Boosted_C5 posted:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CANT CALL SOUTH CAROLINA ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, uh...

I'll probably re-reg after the toxxes come down assuming nothing changes, but does anyone still want to do this?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

officially nominating future inmate hillary clinton for best self own

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

iospace posted:

Well, uh...

I'll probably re-reg after the toxxes come down assuming nothing changes, but does anyone still want to do this?

Well all the meltdowns will be Liberal rather than Conservative, so it's still a thing that can be done and can still be amusing. It might just be Too SoonTM

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Somehow the election campaign doesn't seem so funny anymore. :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is " best tweet of the election" an award

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Colonel Corazon posted:

Everyone who donated to RAINN deserves an award.

:glomp:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
I nominate "President Elect Donald J Trump" for "Best proof that nothing matters and we are in the darkest timeline"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

euphronius posted:

Is " best tweet of the election" an award

after last night it's taco bowl

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sticky Nate posted:

The Jeb! Award for Single Most Depressing Moment in a Campaign

who would have guessed what this would be, lol

Homework Explainer posted:

after last night it's taco bowl

having it turn out that the hispanics actually did, in fact, love him was quite the shocker

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

i would like to nominate the DNC for the most powerful self-own in the history of america

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM IOSPACE :siren:

Alright, I've thought about it. I partially want to do this still, but I still want feedback on whether or not to proceed. The options right now are:

1. Keep the categories as is
2. Retool them to reflect the outcome
3. Scrap it all together

If we do go ahead, I'll make a post opening nominations on Wednesday. Right now things around here are still heated and I'd prefer if we had cooler heads when doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Somehow the election campaign doesn't seem so funny anymore. :(

On the contrary, this result makes it even funnier.

• Locked thread