Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
So just a trailer, and a release date for a novel? Didn't they say they'd have more than just a trailer? Who the gently caress reads Mass Effect books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just thought that I had read somewhere that they might unveil a beta. Guess I'll just play some ME3 MP.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress is Sera

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

There it is :woop:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like the beta is PS4/Xbox only.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
If we brought Quarians and left the Turians and Krogans I am going to be legit mad :colbert:

e: I can see why the Krogans would be left, but still :colbert:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurieg posted:

But if it's a year before the reaper war there likely aren't any Geth.

Unless they infiltrated.

A year before the massive reaper invasion, not a year before the first game.

Also the geth were around before that, but nobody had made contact with them in a long time as they remained on the outer edge of the galaxy, IIRC.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first page of the GI article specifically lists Turians as one of the four races.

quote:

It involves constructing four "arks," massive ships meant to support thousands of lives. Each one carries members of a different race - humans, turians, asari, salarians - on a centuries-long, one-way voyage to the Andromeda galaxy.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just realied that I never even completed the Citadel DLC way back when. I remember doing the part in the apartment, but I was pretty burnt out with the game by that point and never picked it back up again. I should probably get on that.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trast posted:

I'm guessing the writers are going into this with the assumption there will be sequels. That is one thing that really seemed to gently caress up the first three games. Mass Effect One is a big sensation and the writers can't come up with anything so they squat over a galaxy map and out plops Cerberus and Jesus Shepard.

Yes but Mass Effect 2 owned sooo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please, not too many weirdo aliens in my game about exploring the galaxy and punching weirdo aliens.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not a whole lot to talk about until we get some deets on that beta

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

1-800-A-Buff-Gay-Dude's "Lock of the Week":

Game will have tight MP where you can hoot and holler with your bros for hours, but the microtransaction poo poo will go way too far compared to the perfect setup it from last time because industry trends with this poo poo have changed in the 5 years since.

The SP will be total poo poo that combines the worst of ME3 with a bunch of the bad parts of the new Dragon Age game. There will be a new Kai Leng.

This is pretty much what I'm banking on. I'll still pay the 60 bones for the multiplayer alone, and probably play the story once just because.

euphronius posted:

God can't hate us that Much to give us a bad new mass effect. Not after 2016.

How precious :allears:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't forget stilted, awkward dialogue! Probably my favorite feature of Bioware games.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pull up, thread

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drifter posted:

box art femShep was smokin hot, tho.

:negative:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobody is buying mass effect for superior character animation.

It has always looked janky as poo poo.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Consider the following. What if the reapers did 9/11. Also what if the reapers had won.

We can't even play ball in our own galaxy anymore. Reapers did win, my dude.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That part at the end of Mass Effect 1 where you can choose to let the whole ship full of asari die loving owned.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milky Moor posted:

sir this is a citadel docking bay

I can't stop giggling at this god drat

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skippy McPants posted:

I think she has a majority of the pie chart in ME1, and even in 3 she still holds on to over a third. So, yeah. However much poo poo people might give Bioware for the Asari, it's not like we, the players, are any less deserving of mockery.

Sadly, they only ever gave out official stats for popularity, though Liara wins there as well, barely edging out Garrus.

People like Liara? What the gently caress?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

i hope in the mass affect 4 they add a tinder-style app instead of planet scanning where you cruise the ship real close and it shows you a list of organisms you can gently caress and you swipe right a bunch until you get a match and then you can go to the planet to find that organism and gently caress it

Game of the year

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still nothing on the beta?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

JawKnee posted:

and then that completely disappears for me3!

What was the excuse for that again? They were too lazy to render all the different designs? Lol

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought we were supposed to get news on the beta before the end of the month

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
hello when the poo poo am I going to be able to play the multiplayer thanks

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ME2's theme is so loving cool

dun dundundun dundundun dundundun dun dundundundundundun dun dundundun dundundun dundundun

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

I liked the ME3 ending.

I naturally went with destroy because my shepherd from day one was ruthless and gets the job done at any cost, even if it means losing synthetics. Plus it turns out that my shepherd also survived because I saw them breathing at the very end! I always believed that shepherd was slowly being indoctrinated like Saren and the Illusive man (I also managed to get both of them to suicide thanks to my ridiculous renegade points both times). My shepherd fought against it constantly and saw Control as being a lie - they would have controlled me! And merge felt like imposing a biological change on the members of the galaxy and that wasn't fair.

OMG I forgot about the Shepard breathing scene at the end! Why the gently caress did they do that? :psyduck:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

What's wrong with that? I thought that was awesome!

Talk about blue balls. Is she dead? Guess we'll never know.

(She biotic charged a colony ship and is Andromedas final boss)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What even is the difference between standard and deluxe versions for PC?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes, it's just you. I'm here for the genocide.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

I don't mind PeeBee and I haven't heard a satisfactory reason for why so many people are upset about her

She's an asari

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

the combat looks amazing, basically the opposite of what I want :(

It's a video game, and you don't want the video game part to be fun? :confused:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

RentACop posted:

I can't see them loving up the multiplayer, but 60 bucks just for multi is harrumphing. I feel like five bucks to play the demo and a mirror's edge game I had no idea existed is a good move

I never played the first one.. I suppose this would probably be as good an opportunity as any

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

breasts and/or buttocks are sometimes exposed for prolonged periods

Interested in how long qualifies as "prolonged"

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milky Moor posted:

but the chief/cortana part of the plot was a great coda.

:chloe: No it wasn't

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ME: Andromeda - Dragon Age and Witcher 3 Megathread

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anybody here going to create an alt account and pay for the trial twice because 10 hours simply isn't going to be enough for an entire weekend? I know that if the thought crossed my mind, one of you crazy bastards has already decided on doing this.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Multiplayer feels fine, cover system feels fine once you realize you don't need to push anything to enter cover. Also it's really nice to be able to jump, jetpack all around feels nice.

I'll buy the game, but I had $60 in Best Buy rewards burning a hole in my pocket anyway.

That said, I have very low hopes going into single player (which I'll probably just save until Tuesday). That fuckin potty walk, man lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also it's really nice using the touchpad on the Dualshock 4 on PC to turn myself around quickly or move quickly when I'm not shooting while I'm sprinting.