Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

moist turtleneck posted:

Hmmm. Well I fished out my ME3 and even looked at the store and it doesn't look like it's available for backwards compatibility yet on the Xbone

Did you try putting the disc in? I popped the first disc of ME2 in and my bone is downloading a 13 gig "update" after choosing to "install disc." Haven't tried 3 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

So just a trailer, and a release date for a novel? Didn't they say they'd have more than just a trailer? Who the gently caress reads Mass Effect books

*sheepishly raises stupid gay hand*

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I appreciate this thread for getting me hype enough that I started a new trilogy play through, only to realize I am apparently Mass Effected out. Tried jumping ahead to 2 and even that seemed tedious. Otoh, it's that much more time I can spend on ME3 multiplayer before MEA comes out.

Thanks, ya'll! :unsmith:

(Also I miss my recursive Jacob avatar. If spidermonkee or whatever your name is still has the file sitting around somewhere, I'd rebuy it for myself, but I lost the gif about three hard drives ago.)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arcsquad12 posted:

Shame that her ingame model looks loving terrible. Also, remember how goddamn stupid the "vote for FemShep's face!" competition was? Blond shepard was winning so a million BSN members started screaming that she looked like a bimbo whore until they changed it to the redhead. Because there has never been a green eyed redhead female protagonist before. It's only the most common special snowflake design out there.

I was just thinking about how this the other and it made me sad because my very first Shepard from Christmas 2008 was blonde. The majority of Bioware's fan base are probably retard morons. I am sometimes ashamed to admit that I enjoy their games.

Although I did used to work at Petco and this lesbian couple brought in their German Shepard all the time and his name was Commander. That was pretty adorable.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kibayasu posted:

If Caesar has crossed the T&A Rubicon then maybe its time for Hannibal to scale the Dick Alps.

That is a terrible joke and I apologize.

Rockstar and Ubisoft have you covered.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alain Post posted:

That was Max Payne 3

I tried to skip this post but I keep getting a message that says "loading, please wait."

I loving love me some Max Payne 3 but I doubt I'll ever play it again because of that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drifter posted:

Maybe they don't have penises but, like, biological turkey basters that slither out of their cooter like they smuggled an elephant up there and extract their mate's essence by sending that squirmy little cooter trunk up the cooter (or butt) of their fellow asari?

I think that's a legit theory. And if they ever drop their wallet or keys on the ground instead of bending over they just gotta squat a little bit and their cooter trunk can pick it up off the ground and put it back into their pocket.

really makes you think.

I should go.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Judge Tesla posted:

If you were a Knight Commander then you just stood there swinging your Magic Sword at the dragon and taking zero damage while all your party members lay dead around you.

This is 100% accurate, for anything who might incorrectly think that Judge Tesla is using hyperbole.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JawKnee posted:

Maybe you are? :shrug: Morrigan is a pretty good character imo though, as is Admiral Xen, and Claudia Black is a really good voice actor

too bad for her that her voice is so easily recognizable, I doubt she'll be playing any different characters in Dragon Age, or Mass Effect

I love her absolutely crucial character in Destiny, the Premium Currency vendor. Truly a wise use of her acting talents.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I hope they show off a little character creation so we can see how bad the customizable faces will look compared to the scanned actor/actress ones.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SaltPig posted:

Inquisitions character creator was really good and it was pretty easy to make characters that looks as good or better then the default. I just wish they would release it early. It takes forever, then you realize the lighting was poo poo and have to start over.

I'm not sure it qualifies as a Bioware game if you don't have the experience of spending a half hour creating your character, only to go through an unskippable opening sequence before doing a spit take and starting over because your character is actually hideous.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Robot Style posted:

His original last name was Sanders, so people started connecting him to Kahlee Sanders from the novels.

This is great because James Sanders is generic as gently caress, whereas Jimmy Vega sounds like a cool dude from a pulp sci-fi series.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

marktheando posted:

They said there was too much codex but I think that's a load of dogshit. I'd happily swap discs if it meant being able to listen to his wonderful voice talking about space elves or something.

lmao yeah guys we'd need an additional blu ray to hold all that dialogue. What the gently caress, are they just going with completely uncompressed sound files? They are idiots.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
You know, for as much as people maligned Destiny for hiding the good plot stuff on their website via the Grimoire, I would love a Mass Effect codex app for my phone. I rarely want to sit and read codex entries while I'm playing, but I'd love to read a few codex entries on the toilet or during breaks at work. Games should really have as little non-gameplay poo poo as possible in them, and it's the perfect kind of content for a companion app.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Veotax posted:

They did one for ME3. You hooked it up to your Origin account and it would add new entries as you unlocked them in game. You could run timed missions that would add to the bonus readiness you got from multiplayer.

You even got text messages from characters in game.

It's not on the app store anymore, I know you can re-download it if you already had it but I don't know if the Origin hooks still work.

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that.

I think it's weird to be upset about having to go to a website to read something when the "content" you're referring to is literally blocks of text. Like really, I guess some people enjoy sitting in front to of their bigass TV reading stories on them but I'd rather play the game and read that stuff later, when I can't play the game.

Offering both is clearly the best compromise since it seems pretty trivial to throw some text in a menu of the game itself.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drifter posted:

Oh for real? Did they actually say that? That's nice of them.

If this is true I will likely subscribe to EA Access on PC just to play MP for a week even though I've preordered the game for PS4. I'm so stoked for the return of ME MP.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drifter posted:

The tech demo is the early access.

Yeah, there's still the time limit on multiplayer. Sorry, guy wanting to believe MP would be able to be played otherwise.

people are gonna be upset when a box pops up on screen telling them to "come back on release day to continue playing!". Haha.

Unless there's story bits that get spoiled the more you play the MP that seems like a pretty stupid decision.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Giving people five days+ of unlimited MP without buying the game would be a pretty stupid decision too.

I don't really see how. Considering that people played ME3's for hundreds and even thousands of hours and there is still a healthy ME3 MP community, I don't think people are going to get a week in and then decide not to buy the game because they've had their fill. Unless it turns out it's poo poo or something, but you could easily figure that out within ten hours.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
On one hand, I want Andromeda to be a success, because for better or worse, I'd like there to continue being Mass Effect games. On the other, I want it to fail enough that EA and/or what's left of BioWare come to the conclusion that yeah, nuking awesome universe we established in the first game was a really dumb way to end a trilogy, and they retcon the poo poo out of ME3 to give us more games in the Milky Way, and perhaps bring back certain characters for cameos from time to time.

It just feels lovely to be starting over 600 years later with nothing to show for our time as Shepard, though perhaps it's an apt metaphor for games in general. We're just wasting our time on stupid toys.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh, in case anyone was wondering, the 7 day free trial of origin access does give you the ten percent off purchased if you are inclined toward pre-purchasing MEA with a small discount. It's also covered under their GREAT GAMES guarantee, so if you decide it's hot garbage, you can get your money back even in extremely anti-consumer US.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ub posted:

Really hope for ME:A they don't have another go at making every zone a nightmarish hellscape of ubisoft-style collectable minimap icons.

Whatever do you mean?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just started another ME2 playthrough and I really like where Shepard leans on a rail to talk to Garrus but remains 2-3 inches off of the rail.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Or "step forward, lean in, and point"

I do this daily IRL at my job.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

IcePhoenix posted:

basically everyone and they came to the same conclusion

the better line is at 50 seconds though

Ha ha holy poo poo I missed that the first time around. drat.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nevets posted:

It's not necessarily that the game wants all that ram, it's a suggestion that the whole system might need that much. Windows, web browser, Steam, Origin, etc. all running forgotten in the background might take up 4gb, leaving an 8gb system with only 4gb to devote exclusively to a game. 12gb is probably a more accurate suggestion, but you can't buy a pair of 6gb sticks.

It's kind of weird after seeing 2-4 gigs be basically the standard for what, ten years? But honestly if you're not running at least 8 in tyool 2017 :cmon:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

marshmallow creep posted:

I mean, the previous games let you make Obama and Sam Jackson pretty convincingly, so how black are we talking? Maybe he thinks you're trolling.

Only other thing I've seen him confirm that might touch on that was that we can get a haircut not unlike Liam's.

It's a weird loving question given the wide range of customization options. I guess maybe he wants a minstrel voice option?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, I kind of hope that there are some other body types/shapes/sizes in this game. One of the things that really dates ME as a series upon replaying it is how pretty much everyone of every species is the same from the neck down. Also there is one palette shifted dress in the whole of the galaxy. One formal suit. Etc. It looks really stupid.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Iron Rose posted:

The beauty of the Rachni decision is that it's really easy to justify it as paragon or renegade depending on what you think paragon/renegade means.

Which is kinda the big problem. Paragon and renegade don't mean anything. Is renegade "devoted to humanity?" is it "devoted to galatic stability?" About all that's concrete about being 'renegade' as an ideology is that it's an "at all costs" sorta dealio, and that's kinda meaningless unless you know what it is you're pursuing at all costs in the first place.

At the absolute most defined the two systems get is "optimistic" and "cynical."

Which might be all they needed to be, I dunno.

I do have to say that I really liked how sparing the Rachni bit you in the rear end because Christ was that ever a dumb decision.

Uh, sparing the Rachni didn't bite you in the rear end if you did it consistently in 1 and 3. It only bit you in the rear end if you were dumb enough to go "gee I'd better let this zombified resurrected reaper created monstrosity live" in 3 after killing the Rachni in 1.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I don't think we'll know anything on that until the 16th. I you can look at how it runs at PAX, but who knows what insane rigs they'll be bringing.

Is the 16th when the cool kids get access to the ten hour trial? That seems sooner than I thought, woo hoo!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alexander Hamilton posted:

The weirdest thing is that the actual gameplay environment was gorgeous in Inquisition so i don't know why the cutscenes were always so bad. I think I watched the waves come in during the Storm Coast for like a minute the first time I saw it.

I really hope MEA isn't full of lovely "shiny" textures though. DAI was a nice looking game but they seemed so proud of the shiny poo poo that it's on a ton of things and it looks really really lovely.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat Scott Ryder is a goob. If your facial hair grows in that patchy you shave that poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Spikeguy posted:

As a man with patchy facial hair I can attest that it is better to have some than none, especially when shaving makes you look like a 30 year old baby.

It's not.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cowcaster posted:

you're all going to change your tone when tiny ryder and his rowdy crew bursts into a full length production of wagner's ring cycle in order to defeat the kett

Actually if they rip off the newest Star Trek and defeat the kett with the power of the Beastie Boys, I would be totally on board.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dan Didio posted:

Increasingly sweaty and nervous Randy Pitchford unveils early Borderlands 3 tech demo to irate gangsters asking him where their money is.

I am okay with this as long as the irate gangsters are Telltale Games and they decide to take over the franchise from now on.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nichael posted:

Is there no way to get a physical version of the PC special edition of Andromeda on Amazon? I want to use my discount buying the game, but I kind of wanted the special box because I'm a massive nerd.

I don't think the limited editions have a special box, not like the amazing ones from the previous gen on the 360. They look like they are just cardboard sleeves over a game box. The expensive limited edition thing is the Nomad that doesn't even come with the game.

e: Yeah, lol, you only get a steel book for the game if you buy the Nomad RC or diecast and buy the game separately. The physical deluxe editions or whatever on Amazon are just the game plus extra dlc bits.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 4, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nichael posted:

I mean the "deluxe" edition with... a space monkey in it.

Yeah those aren't fancy cases or anything. I went digital this time around.

Still have my ME3 collector's edition with Jennifer Hale's signature somewhere though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

marshmallow creep posted:

Well I needed to update the OP again anyway.

Make sure to slap the Brazzers logo on there.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It almost looks like they went for an exaggerated facial style rather than ultrarealistic. I'm not super enthused about it but I'm interested in how I'll feel about it once I spend 30+ hours with it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Sounds like a pretty standard pop song meant to have wide appeal, can someone explain to me why it's worthy of goon disdain? Preferably from someone who actually likes multiple music genres, not someone who can only appreciate two or three metal sub-genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Admiral Ray posted:

For me it's because I had this impression that Andromeda would be about exploration and poo poo like that, not about action-action-action-sex-sex-sex. So tonally it's off from what my expectations were.

Did you know that trailers are meant to cast a wide net? Did you think that the launch trailer would be a NASA scientist narrating how many planets you can explore over atmospheric space jams? Don't worry, by the time the next Mass Effect rolls around there will be plenty of NASA scientists looking for work. :smith: