Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

That makes a pretty good Mass Effect Goonsay honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Android Blues posted:

The gameplay trailer sadly looked kinda mediocre. I'd really dig a game that was just DAI: Spacesuit Edition, but the dialogue scene they chose to showcase being so weak makes me dubious. Like, even apart from the animation issues, the text of that short interaction is just so thin and uninteresting. Why show it in your first big gameplay trailer, unless you either think it's good or don't have anything better? Inquisition by comparison had a lot of great conversation scenes and picked some genuinely good ones for its pre-release material.

Yes, this is my feeling. This was supposed to be the best parts of the game and it seemed very thin and uninteresting. The Vanguard Charge really lacked oomph, too.

I dunno, 4 years as this is what they've got to sell it? Not really doing it for me. Hope it lands for everyone else.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The 4 Stages of Mass Effect 3' Ending

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Zzulu posted:

Have some respect for Kermmanderf Shhhephart, *wet sucking sound* shavirrrr of the ghalashyy

;)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I realized that bioware will probably never make a game i like ever again and that makes me feel very sad inside

When God closes a Bioware he opens a CD Projekt Red. Lots of devs have cannibalized their best stuff and learned lots from what they accomplished so they live on, in a way.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

RIP Mass Effect, the ends really were bad.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's funny I forgot to specify how loving dumb of an idea the crucible is

The whole thing about the current galactic epoch was that it is *strongly* hinted that it is a never-before-seen state of affairs where the civilizations had managed to work together and synthesize their best elements together rather than be some insanely powerful monociv conquering everyone. In other words, "Shepard's cycle" is truly unique even outside of the Prothean warnings.

So the idea of the Council managing to use their diversity to synthesize this historical data into a weapon - something those other monolithic conquerors could never do - is pretty thematic, even if it's logically pretty stupid. I appreciated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Get Platinum to put the Vanquish team back together and make the next Mass Effect.

Your character has to be a Vanguard.