Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

I suspect the founders of the Initiative suspected or knew about Reapers but kept it from the public, lest they make everyone who doubted think the whole thing was crazy talk. So it might come up in a conversation or a codex entry.

Ryder: "You knew? You knew about the Reapers?"
Clancy Brown: "I knew Shepard from my N7 days. I trusted him. Garson trusted him too."
Ryder: "But we could have stayed! We could have fought!"
Clancy Brown: "And we would have lost! This was the only real choice."
Ryder: "Then why not tell everyone the truth?"
Clancy Brown: "You just said it yourself. They would have stayed to fight. And every sapient species in the galaxy would have been lost forever."

Pretty much. It might not be hard to create a cover reasoning without telling people about the Reapers. Humans are influential now and this initiative is a by-product of their pioneering spirit. If some races need a threat to motivate them just remind them that poo poo like the Geth, Rachni and the Krogan Rebellions happen. Citadel Space is a powder keg and we should put some eggs in a different basket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

It looks a lot like Dragon Age Inquisition in terms of structure. A lot.

Yeah. I don't like the looks of the encounter design here. A cluster of enemies are milling about around 3 small structures in a wide open field, go get em! Repeat!

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

No, it takes 600 years for the Andromeda Initiative to reach Andromeda. Which means even with instantaneous comms you have to wait at least 600 years for the mission to succeed.

Are you saying Milky Way people would just fire and forget about the Andromeda Initiative? Pretty sure they would set a reminder at Alliance NASA that they have a intergalactic mission to check in on when the time comes. They could write around the ability to communicate, some bullshit about half-life of entangled particles making such a comms system not sustainable for 600 years. Or a Reaper attack on Alliance science centres have destroyed their half of the pair.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
When Saren/Okeer are growing Krogans in tanks everyone was puffing their chests about needing to stop it, then when Ambassador Udina suggests growing an army of Shepards to colonize Andromeda the council is like "Would this make us hypocrites?"