Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

It's been a while since I played any ME game, but wasn't it implied that the Reapers went from galaxy to galaxy shaping the civilizations for their use? And what if the Nexus/Arks arrive just in time for the first Reaper to show up just like in ME1?

Sort of speaking-of, how are we traveling within the Andromeda galaxy? Are there Mass Relays there, and if so, wouldn't that point directly to Reaper interference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

I know it wasn't actually a Bioware game but remember how in KOTOR 2 everyone was like "yeah the war ended but I don't remember how/it didn't affect me anyway"? Maybe they should have done that for the beginning of this game. Let the player say how the Reapers were dealt with and then just move on with Andromeda shenanigans.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Honestly I could never get into DA at all. I got Origins shortly after it came out, and couldn't even get past the intro zone/quest before the main story. I got a DA1&2 pack with all the DLC for super cheap, tried again thinking maybe it would be better on PC than PS3. Nah, still couldn't get past that first bit. I guess I chose the wrong race/origin combo or something because people say some are great and some are bad but gently caress that, I tried and DAO failed so whatever.

With that being said, I actually avoided Mass Effect for a while because holy poo poo, I must have beat KOTOR like five or six times and I expected ME to be more of that but with less lightsabers so I didn't have much interest. But Amazon had a ME1-3 pack for like $15 or something, so I bit the bullet and poo poo, ME1 was like the best thing ever. It was everything I've ever wanted from a Star Trek game.

Anyway that's my take on Bioware games and I have hope they can bring some of that ME1 magic back again. Building a whole new universe and all that stuff, all the (sometimes dumb as hell) lore to read and everything, I want it again.

Also hoping for Hanar squadmate, come on Bioware.