Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm pretty pumped for this. There is gunna be SO MUCH pixel sex.

You don't even know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

SubponticatePoster posted:

If you haven't at least made it through Tuchanka, try and suffer enough to get there. It's pretty good and has a nice :black101: moment

That :black101: moment is one of the best overall moments in the series.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I enjoyed ME3, including some of the story elements although the ending was the most :psypop: thing ever.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Phi230 posted:

If only we had an ME game done by CDPR

Follow the adventures of Geralt Shepard as he travels the known universe on his trustyship the SSV Roach slaying space bandits and space monsters while romancing every immortal biotic sorceress he comes across.

I can get behind that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Witcher 3 is a real good game. Probably my favorite game of all time. Thanks for listening Mass Effect thread.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Except for the fact that fem Ryder looks real bad that trailer looks real good to me.

Not pre-ordering though

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I always liked Joker as a character.

But the whole EDI sex bot / "AI's can feel love too" thing was loving awful and kind of ruined Joker for me.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just finished this last night. I generally enjoyed the game, but boy, coming to this game after having just finished BOTW was eye opening. Random thoughts in no particular order.

- I truly enjoyed BOTW's exploration, and ME:A's exploration was just a checklist and a vehicle that I upgraded as soon as possible to move me between those checkboxes as soon as possible so that I could finish them as quickly as possible. Initially landing on a new planet was cool, but that new planet smell wore off real loving quickly.

- I was initially extremely confused by the weapon creation system. It wasn't explained well, and combined with how loving abysmal the inventory system is I didn't start using it until about 75% of the way through my playthrough. I also hated how I had to build some of the more drastic alterations in order to find out what they actually did (plasma charge, plasma seeking, beam emitter, etc.). I didn't like most of those things honestly.

- For FUCKS SAKE STOP TELLING ME ABOUT THE TEMPERATURE AND THAT I'M IN A MINING ZONE GODDAMNIT gently caress

- Combat was awesome. I loved that towards the end I had multiple profiles. Would have been better if changing profiles didn't put all of those abilities on cooldown. It really took away from the idea that you could be just like Alec Ryder and run around swapping power profiles and going from tech to biotics to combat at the push of a button instead you had to wait until the abilities came off cooldown. Still, they did well here imo.

- I thought the companions and their loyalty missions were all pretty awesome. I liked that not everyone got along. I don't think I tried all the different combinations, but I found that I got annoyed with having Vetra and Liam together because they just bickered. The different mini conversations were awesome.

- I liked the change away from Paragon and Renegade choices so I opted to be a sarcastic buttface the entire game and it was pretty rewarding.

- I didn't mind the main story, although generally I was annoyed that a major theme of the badguys was genetics and also controlling the super advanced technology of the old alien race from the area. It's the Collectors, Reapers and Protheans without the actual Collectors Reapers and Protheans.

- For going to a new galaxy for exploration it was not cool at all that the only new races were the Angara and the genetically modified Angara.

- I loving hated that sequence breaking isn't much of a thing. Like I stumbled randomly upon the underground lake on Eledaan, with the loving dumbass Krogan scouts who were looking for that very thing standing on a cliff just above it, but I wasn't able to enter until I got the actual quest to deal with the water supply problem This annoys me, especially after the Witcher 3 and BOTW had tons of sequence breaking.

Anyways, now that I'm done I'll probably play some occasional MP, but I doubt I'll do another playthrough anytime soon.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Taear posted:

If they can't even make the game respond to you unpoisoning the water in Katara

Yeah I noticed that too. Honestly when the time came to make a choice between Sloane or Reyes how could you possibly choose Sloane. Honestly I save scummed this because I was reflex hitting the timed prompts so I initially saved Sloane, but for fucks sake the deal you get with the outcasts is really lovely compared to Reyes. Reyes is better than Sloane in just about every conceivable way. If Sloane had reacted in any way at all to me saving her poo poo hole of a planet I might not have hated her guts so much.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

You pick Sloane because she's hamstrung by her code of honor and is utterly predictable. Reyes is only your friend so long as you're not between him and something he wants; the moment you are he'll shiv you in the kidneys.

Oh no doubt. But the number of interactions you have one greatly outweighs the other. For fucks sake you almost have a Garrus shooting bottles moment with one of them. It's just hard to go through that and then choose the other turd, whose goons are publically beating the poo poo out of people for protection money when you first arrive.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Martout posted:

parts of it are good though, it's just that it has so many parts and a sizeable portion of them are bad

my biggest disappointment is how rote the alien vaults became. the first one is all sci fi magic poo poo wonder of exploration etc. and then it's just okay let's push these here buttons, run to pick up the remtech and then punch out from work early to avoid the traffic, wowee another day at the office thank god it's friday

Yep they became just another checkbox on every planet. Gotta find those monoliths, get the remnant symbols, maybe solve a space Sudoku puzzle, push some buttons, then make sure you run away from the death cloud. Repeat 5 times. :thumbsup:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Ambaire posted:

I've been rolling with Drack and Vetra on my current playthrough. I was going with Jaal and Vetra on my first short run. One of these days I'll try something else.

Drack has amazing conversations with everyone. Drack and Jaal, Drak and Pebee, Drak and Vetra were my favorites. The only pair I really hated having together was Vetra and Liam. They bickered constantly and it got irritating. I kept going "ok, now that this conversation is over surely they won't bring up Sid again" but nope, it kept coming up so I never put them together again.

Basically Krogan are the best race to have been produced by the Mass Effect universe and I will fight you if you disagree.

I felt *really really loving bad* when I opted to not grab the Krogan scouts on the dreadnought. I IMMEDIATELY regretted the decision even if the fallout from it has minor at best implications. (I was just real tired of pathfinders dying and wanted to save the Salarian, but goddamn Drack's reaction was tough to take [which I guess makes it an actual interesting decision])

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ashpanash posted:

I figured they were pathfinders and they should be able to handle that poo poo. If they couldn't then that's their loving problem.

Also they're Salarians so they can just make a bunch more in like a week, whereas you're probably going to need the Krogan and you don't have Morden there to cure the genophage

Like I said. Instant regret. Although krogan scouts haven't proven especially useful. The ones looking for the hidden Eledaan water supply are literally standing above the entrance to the underground lake scratching their heads.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I'm just surprised that each puzzle was Sudoku instead of Towers of Hanoi.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Fridurmus posted:

That protest is loving stupid anyway, though. :geno:

I thought the same thing.

"Hey, wake our friends and family up"
"But... they'll starve and there's nowhere for them to live"
"WHAT DID I SAY PATHFINDER"
"Okay Kandros deal with this"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Drifter posted:

I mean, aren't we all kinda war criminals, in a way? If you really think about it?

By trying to force ourselves to enjoy this dreadful game, I mean.

I enjoyed the game. I mean, it met my kind of medium to low expectations. It scratched a Mass Effect itch involving having a ship and running around and saving the galaxy with your crew and the combat is fun.

But literally everything else is either "meh" at best or just flat out bad at worst.

TeaJay posted:

The quest on Voeld (discovering the past?) where you find the ancient AI under the ice. I thought I'll save it and send it to Nexus for study, but it seems like that just made everyone mad. Does this actually come into play later or was the point just get angry e-mails from Evfra and Kesh?

Edit: Nope. Letting the Angaran's keep the AI apparently has a minor effect on final mission. But ultimately keeping the AI has no meaningful effect on the outcome of anything. You get to have a creepy as gently caress conversation with it once it's in SAM Node tho where it's barely trying to keep a secret it's desire to kill all the lifeforms on the space station.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 14, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Wait, it still wants to kill all life even if you give it what it wants?

I feel better about handing it over to the Angarans now. If you do that you can find it sulking (literally) in the resistance headquarters on Aya.

Probably should've just shot the ungrateful bastard.

e: how did that happen?

yeah it just hits on Sam and casually discusses depriving the Nexus of oxygen. It's funny. Sam also straight up tells you on your private channel that the Angaran AI is dangerously unstable.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

solar energy panel posted:

I don't like any of the teammates.

WHA....

solar energy panel posted:

Well Drack is ok.

Oh thank God. I thought I was going to have to fight you.

Also the Tempest is a cool ship but yeah, having to actually do anything in it pisses me off.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Carew posted:

it's amazing to me you keep Gils around considering his blatant disregard for safety. he keeps loving around with the ship's performance without informing the pilot.

Gils owns and I took his side. The pilot is also okay, but I felt his main objections were due to nostalgia more than anything else. Plus I was expecting there to be some kind of tie in with what upgrades were done to the player's ship ala ME2 so I wanted my ship to be basically the millenium falcon of the ME universe with tons of customization that make it kickin' rad.

This never panned out and now I am more "meh" about the whole squabble between the two of them

Added spoilers so everyone can be as let down by this as I was.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 17, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Also, the companions in Inquisition have various outcomes and reactions to you based on your behaviour, whereas the Andromeda companions are almost unilaterally just "your buddy" no matter what you do.

Like, when I picked Raeka over the krogan scouts, Drack - who I brought along for the mission - was real angry at me and refused to talk to me the next time I hit him up on the Tempest, so I assumed that was going somewhere, but it doesn't. He's just your buddy again after the next mission you do and it's never mentioned again.

Compare to the companions in Inquisition, most of whom can end up hating your guts, have special cutscenes about how much they hate you, and will leave the party if you anger them enough.

Yeah this goes into a list of things that are made to seem, at the time, like a super meaningful decision that will forever impact your relationship with that character and likewise your relationship with the Salarians, but nope. Literally the only difference is that the scouts do/do not show up if you save/abandon them in the final mission and (I think) you might have to fight more berserkers

It's ultimately a completely meaningless decision even though they do a good job of selling how pissed off Drack is at you for loving his dudes over. But one angry conversation later and he's back to normal. It's jarring and dumb.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I'm still trying to understand why SAM couldn't just cut off his connection to Sara. But I guess the Archon was able to hack SAM's Gibson without any interface in the first place? The logic of those scenes is pretty weird.

He has the floaty macguffin machine thingy that hand waves all that away without explaining what that thing does at all.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Mymla posted:

SAM only tells you about all the cool resources you can totally dig out of the ground if you got the mining computer on. Which is why I left it off after like half the game.

The thing that actually annoyed me is that he told me I have new email every single time I got back on the tempest, even when I didn't.

When I started playing the game I took mining very seriously. After 1 1/2 planets of doing this I stopped and never did it again.

gently caress. Mining. In. Mass. Effect. Games. Forever.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

I don't get this "betrayal" thing people have been saying about Reyes, and I hope I'm not just biased because I got to second base with him. I wasn't loyal to Sloane, and that's even when I took her up on her deal with that Angaran prisoner. She was still a dickrat who had people beaten in the streets. Why should I care if Reyes offs her? How is that a betrayal of me?

:same:

I felt the game did a poo poo job of making me want to care at all about Sloane. Lots of different things mentioned might have helped. Like if I had somehow been able to experience the mutiny on the Nexus instead of just having people tell me with thousand yard stares that "it was bad." On Kadara she's a huge prick who is running a protection racket that potentially sends innocent people out to die in the wilderness or beats the poo poo out of people in the streets and Reyes is a chill bro.

Even if you do save her life she takes a cut from everything the colonists bring in once the colony is set up. Reyes takes nothing. Shop keepers will talk about how happy they are that there aren't any protection fees. I'll take an unknown like Reyes who as a shadowy criminal mastermind may or may not be better than mafia don Sloane over sticking with known piece of poo poo Sloane.

Added: I pointed this out earlier but the amount of disagreement over this decision that goons have is indicative that it is one of the only well written "choices" a player can make in this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Angarans are atleast more interesting than whatever the volus and elcor are. If they cant shoot guns and cant ride the normandy maybe they should be killed off, in my opinion.

Amused, you have terrible opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Kaysette posted:

This Reyes Vidal motherfucker waited for me to go into outer loving space before inviting me to a party in the same dinky shithole we were just in.

gently caress this game. I was going to finish the movie night quest but I can't handle any more fetch quest loading cinematic bullshit.

No choices you make don't matter, the setting is bland and makes no sense, the ending is the most predictable wet fart possible.

I want these hours of my life back. I'll probably keep playing the MP a bit since combat is actually fun, but gently caress...

I think you're going to fit right in here.